autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

PolishedWorks: Jeep Wrangler Hood Restore. Black

Yes this is my vehicle. My beloved Jeep. It's been very good to me and I haven't been as good to it as I should. I put sweat and love into everyone else's cars but not mine. (Hey you don't get paid to polish your own ride!)
    This vehicle is 5 years old and the hood has been through a lot. Beach sand, off roading through woods, Florida sun with no protection. It has a few spots of clear coat cracking and I plan on sanding it down and having the hood resprayed. There's also some gouges in the finish that has been coated with touch up paint that are still visible.
    I used a high speed buffer and a Dual Action Polisher along with foam and wool pads and different cuts of Menzerna Polish. The color is now rich and deep and swirl free. I might reconsider that repsraying for a while! :-)
    I topped the hood with 3M Marine wax. This stuff is TOUGH! It has to be to withstand salt water. I noticed while waxing a boat with it how shiny it was a how the water beaded on my HANDS after getting some on them! Among other things. Its a new theory I'm testing out, (using boat wax on vehicles.) I'll keep you posted on how it works and how long it lasts compared to other waxes I've used.
    :-)
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PolishedWorks: Jeep Wrangler Hood Restore. Black

I did this back in 99 using boat wax (3M) on cars..... It lasts as long as a sealant to me...
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't you just use one of the Collinites like #845 instead of a boat wax?

From Autogeek:
    Liquid Insulator Wax is used on automobiles, trucks, buses and aircraft where protection is key, but frequent reapplications are not practical. The wax is excellent for fleets. It leaves a high gloss, nearly indestructible clear coating that repels water, pollution, sun, salt spray, bugs, and more.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Why didn't you just use one of the Collinites like #845 instead of a boat wax?

From Autogeek:
    Liquid Insulator Wax is used on automobiles, trucks, buses and aircraft where protection is key, but frequent reapplications are not practical. The wax is excellent for fleets. It leaves a high gloss, nearly indestructible clear coating that repels water, pollution, sun, salt spray, bugs, and more.
    Simply because I had the boat wax from a boat detail the day before. I wanted to try it out and am hoping it Can be a good alternative for my own vehicles. So far I like it.
    Kris R
    360detail.com