autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

O.C.Detailing and Hill City Auto Detail - 2007 Range Rover HSE Sport (bad detail made right!)

So this vehicle is owned by a very good friend of mine. It's actually his wife's car. We've been friends for about 13 years. Anyway, she took this to another "detail" shop here in Lynchburg to get it washed. Let's just say if this were my vehicle, this place would be in small claims court in a heartbeat.

I inspected the paint on this vehicle just after they bought it and the paint was actually in good condition when they first got it, but after this supposed $15 wash...they had to pay us a BUNCH more to fix it.

Process:

- 2-bucket Method wash using Super Suds Car wash
    - Clayed lightly with Griot's Garage Clay and very light car wash dilution
    - Wheels cleaned with Meg's Wheel Brightener and tires dressed with Meg's All Season Dressing.
    - Corrected with Griot's ROP and Flex 3401 on CCS orange with M105 then followed up with M205 on CCS White.
    - Plastics dressed with Meg's Rubber and trim dressing and a bit of 303 Aerospace Protectant.
    - LSP was Wolfgang 3.0 sealant.

Pics:

BEFORE:

All of the damage was caused by the shop who did the wash. None of these swirls existed before-hand.

The roof wasn't too bad...they probably didn't get on a ladder to clean it, luckily.

yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Re: O.C.Detailing and Hill City Auto Detail - 2007 Range Rover HSE Sport (bad detail made right!)

Here are a couple of 50/50s after just 1-pass of M105:

O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Re: O.C.Detailing and Hill City Auto Detail - 2007 Range Rover HSE Sport (bad detail made right!)

And now the afters! Sorry, no sun shots as it was dark out when we finished:

And that's all I've got. Thanks for looking. My friends were blown away at how nice it came out! The iPhone needs to be replaced, I know. Sorry, but you get the idea. Constructive comments and criticism appreciated.
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Looks Great
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful flake!

Did they get the oil leak figured out?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!!! Your hard work has paid off again
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Nice save bud. Tell her (them) to keep their vehicles AWAY FROM automated car washes.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

How in the HE double hockey sticks did a car wash place put that many swirls? Did it go through the machine or get handwashed with sandpaper?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    Looks Great
    Thanks Sully!

Quote Originally Posted by jmp09fg2 View Post
    Beautiful flake!

Did they get the oil leak figured out?
    The oil leak was due to the rubber seal on the oil filter they had replaced getting pinched. The guy who changed their oil didn't lubricate the ring before putting the filter in. :\ Thanks Jonathan, you saw this thing in person. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter View Post
    Looks great!!! Your hard work has paid off again
    Thanks Bird. We worked our butts off on it to get it right. Luckily, Range Rover clearcoat is SUPER soft. haha

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    Nice save bud. Tell her (them) to keep their vehicles AWAY FROM automated car washes.
    This was a HAND wash! lol The company here in town is called "Touch of Class" car wash and detailing!! BWAHAHA Yeah RIGHT! Touch of class my a-double snake!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn1270 View Post
    How in the HE double hockey sticks did a car wash place put that many swirls? Did it go through the machine or get handwashed with sandpaper?
    I'm assuming they used dirty towels to scrub the paint instead of using clean materials and the 2-bucket method. Stupid ghetto wash is what this place is. I've been there a few times. Bunch of morons with bath towels and dirty wash water claiming to be "detailers".
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Adam, I love your work. You do awesome corrections!

Just a quick question...do you prefer WG sealant to say, megs #26 wax on a dark car? I'm going to detail an early 80's MB with single stage paint for a friend this weekend, and I'm still not sure what LSP I want to use to make the paint really look deep and wet. I will apply WG FG by hand, then put on the LSP. I know I'll only get to put one coat of the sealant on, so I hope 1 coat is enough. What do you think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast