autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Twin-Turbo Lamborghini LP560 + Twin Turbo Ford GT by autoLavish

No folks, you're not seeing double: 2 Super-cars, 2 sets of 2 turbos, 2,000hp, and the autoLavish duo made this a fun experience.

Normally, we don't post anything that doesn't have correction performed, but with two amazing cars, we figured it'd make a cool thread. We were originally contacted by the 2006 Ford GT owner to give his vehicle some much needed attention, and trust us, this thing needed every single thing we gave it... and then some. The car often hits the track, and the owner has it at events all over the nation, most recently a charity event put on by the Utah Highway Patrol. The owner is very active in the GT owners circle, and makes a point to drive his car as much as possible. I believe it has nearly 20k miles on it for this exact reason.

To begin...

Cleaning began with interior work first. Jacob began vacuuming, while I attended to the nasty door jams. Afterward, Jacob handled the filthy floor mats while I hit all hard surfaces with 1Z Cockpit premium

Moving away from the interior mess that was now looking much better, we got started with the exterior at the wheels. P21S wheel cleaner gel handled this job with some agitation.

Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Clear helped prep the car for washing

Following washing, claying was performed. As some many know: claying a white car is longer than any other color. Claying a white car that has seen a bunch of 200mph runs is even worse: it's brutal. Trust us. Even afterwards, the lowers and intakes intended to cool the brakes weren't perfect. We had a budget to work within.
    After being rinsed free of clay lube, we started applying protection. Danase Wet Glaze was used via PC to give a high amount of initial slickness while muting paint defects. It also proved to work quite well on water spots that littered the racing stripes.

Allowing the DWG to cure, I applied Meguiar's Trim Detailer spray was used on all black trim, and Marc got to try out a new product: Danase Diamond Gel. The directions state it can be used on trim and plastic, but he decided to give it a try on tires first. This product is as thick as honey, and likely would be best applied using a foam applicator. It spreads decently thin for having such a thick consistency, but best of all: it hardens as it dries. Once completely set, it's almost like a shell of protection that is completely dry to the touch despite the slightly shiny look it gives. To give a more matte finish, simply wipe before it completely dries. I can't see myself using it on rubber trim, but plastic bumpers, tires, and plastic trim would be the best candidates in my eyes for future use due to ease of use on those larger areas plus outstanding protection abilities.

Other areas also got touched up to cut down on eye-sores as much as possible in the time we were allotted

Following the DWG up with a coat of Danase Sealant (If you like DWG - you're sleeping on this product. I can't believe I waited so long to get some), the GT got a final wipe-down with FK 425. At the same time, all glass was hit with Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate diluted properly with pure (0.00ppm) water.

Irony as expressed by cars

The end result of the clayed, DWGed, Sealed, and QDed paint was an insane amount of gloss for not having correction performed.

Everything said and done, the car looked 100% better in minimal time.

The Heffner Performance Twin-Turbo kit giving this baby over 1k hp (900ish at the wheels) surely doesn't hurt its sex appeal

Last edited by jlb85; 10-15-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Local to Southeast Michigan
    Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Twin-Turbo Lamborghini LP560 + Twin Turbo Ford GT by autoLavish

(...continued)

Next up was a quickie but goodie. The owner was looking after Heffner Performance's newest creation: the LP560 Twin-turbo and wanted the exterior cleaned up as quick as possible. The vehicle was up here to be tested by a certain Michigan-based auto magazine, and was soon to leave to head out West for more testing by more publications. Everything on the car was pretty much stock outside of the twin turbo's and a tune which give it over 800whp. Not bad for AWD eh? I can't describe the sound of this baby, but you can imagine it's quite intense. You could hear the turbo's spooling even at idle from down the block, about as loud as the exhaust. This is probably the meanest sounding engine I have had the pleasure to hear in person.

P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel was applied, agitated, then rinsed to a clean finish

Next was bath time

Following a rinse and blow-dry, Meguiar's Trim Detailer was applied to all vents, and Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical was applied to all painted surfaces to provide slickness and limited protection while maximizing shine for the time spent.

Hope you enjoyed the eye candy! Next post will be our full Concours d'Elegance treatment of a 1929 Ford roadster

Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

fixed!

Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, beautiful cars. Seeing a GT always brings a smile to my face.

Great job on those bad boys.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Twin-Turbo Lamborghini LP560 + Twin Turbo Ford GT by autoLavish

Quote Originally Posted by jlb85 View Post
    fixed!

he he.... I had made a post wondering who made a change to the photobucket account. Once I did that, I was the GT pics.

I loved how you guys detailed the vehicles. As always, very nice work.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Guys How long did both cars take.Nice turnaround on the GT the interior looked brand new ..

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Figured these cars where either done by Heffner or Underground Racing.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of shampoo do you use in your foam cannon?

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice! It would be hard for me to give the cars back. I always feel like I'm going to take my head off when I close the door on a Ford GT.

Post Thanks / Like

First I would like to say, you guys do great work, love the attention to detail. Next I will take a beating for saying this but I really am not loving the Ford Gt in general. I think they could have done a better job on the body style. I know they are fast and I actually love the interior. But when you look at one next to a Lambo, the Lambo screems SEXY CAR and I just do see that with the GT... Just my .02!

Great job on getting that white to glow, you work really speaks for itself, nice job!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast