autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned and Sealed my powdercoated wheels

I had all four wheels off of my 05 CTS-V this weekend; to install my new rotors and pads. 2 piece slotted rotors up front, and 1 piece slotted rotors in the rear. Once the calipers where re-mounted, I cleaned them with Megs Super Degreaser, then hit them with an application of Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, fallowed by a coat of Dodo Hard Candy. I'm not sure if the wax on the calipers was worth my time, because of the heat that the calipers get might melt the wax off, but I was hoping it might help repel some dust. We'll see...

While the wheels where off, I started cleaning the wheels inside and out. I first cleaned with Megs APC+, then with Griots Wheel Cleaner, fallowed by a coat of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. The tires got cleaned with Megs APC+ also, fallowed by some Optimum Tire Protectant. I'm going to try to dilute the Optimum next time, but that stuff is really nice.

Here's the pics: (don't mind the dirty car... it was raining when I pulled it in our pole barn so it looks filthy)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaned and Sealed my powdercoated wheels

Looks good! Love the brakes too!

I would love to get my hands on a '09 CTS-V in 18 months when my lease is up on my Acura!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

sweet looking rotors and anodized caps ... now you need a set for the back or at least matching caps.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

The rotors are new (as in newly released), so there isn't anything available for the rears to match. Maybe I could just paint the hats on the rear rotors...

Looking at the pictures of my wheels again, I'm thinking I need something to break up the wheels from the tires. Like a pinstripe. Maybe blue to match the rotor hats, or silver to match the calipers. That would kinda take away from my black-out theme, but it's something I want to look into. I need to photochop it to see what it looks like.

Opinions please?

The beautiful Piedmont of North Carolina!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Veo View Post
    The rotors are new (as in newly released), so there isn't anything available for the rears to match. Maybe I could just paint the hats on the rear rotors...

Looking at the pictures of my wheels again, I'm thinking I need something to break up the wheels from the tires. Like a pinstripe. Maybe blue to match the rotor hats, or silver to match the calipers. That would kinda take away from my black-out theme, but it's something I want to look into. I need to photochop it to see what it looks like.

Opinions please?
    VERY nicely done! Love the calipers. Rotors are excellent. Great job on rims too!

Were you orginially going for a total black-out? Interior as well?
    Yes. You could break it up with a nice silver pinstripe, and that would look really classy.

Keep up the very good work!
    I'm very interested in how it turns out.
    Cheers!
    Patte
    "Wicked Witch of the Wrench"

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

Post Thanks / Like

looks good
    i too am hoping to pick up an 09 in 18-24 months, when the civic is all paid up for

if it werent for the blue hub on the rotors i would have said to go with a red stripe

Post Thanks / Like

I like the red idea alot as well!

Just a thought:
    You do have alot of color in the Caddy Sheilds.
    But there is red in the backround of your rims Caddy sheilds, so
    you really could get away with even a very fine pinstripe line beneath (above?) a silver pinstripe as mentioned earlier.
    ...Hmmmmm...I wonder...
    It could really make the rest just *PoP*, in a sporty/classic way.
    Patte

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this past winter/fall I blacked out my wheels, grilles, headlights, fog lights, tails, and reverse lights. The only non black parts are the chrome trim around the grille, and the silver calipers (and now the hat on the front rotors). So I think I either need to paint the rear caliper hat blue and go with a blue stripe; or paint the front hat black, and go with a silver stripe.

I will see what the photochops look like, and make a call from there...

Here's a couple shots to show the black out theme:

The 09 V is insane! I was hoping to upgrade to the 09 next year; or maybe the year after that; but it doesn't make sense to have an even bigger/longer payment along with my Jeep and bike payments... Beyond the obvious power and exterior upgrades from the first generation V; the new interior gets me hard every time I see it. It is just unbelievable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Veo View Post
    Yeah, this past winter/fall I blacked out my wheels, grilles, headlights, fog lights, tails, and reverse lights. The only non black parts are the chrome trim around the grille, and the silver calipers (and now the hat on the front rotors). So I think I either need to paint the rear caliper hat blue and go with a blue stripe; or paint the front hat black, and go with a silver stripe.

I will see what the photochops look like, and make a call from there...

Here's a couple shots to show the black out theme:

The 09 V is insane! I was hoping to upgrade to the 09 next year; or maybe the year after that; but it doesn't make sense to have an even bigger/longer payment along with my Jeep and bike payments... Beyond the obvious power and exterior upgrades from the first generation V; the new interior gets me hard every time I see it. It is just unbelievable!
    I see! It looks great though. It however does present an issue, you're right.
    The blue looks so cool, but I feel like the spokes in the rims are almost too dense to try to push more blue through. Better to go silver -imo- I mean you already have a glint of chrome carrying through from clip to tip, so that's more consistant and you'd still have that understated stealth look which is very nice indeed.
    Patte