autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun: Fuzion video and Foam Cannon HP Pics

Hi,

I know this is not a show and shine but because of requests, I decided to put this here in its own thread.

First up is a video of the beading and sheeting action from Wolfgang Fuzion. The car has two coats of Fuzion sitting on top of Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer. The combination is only a week old at this point and the car wasn't too dirty. As usual, YouTube wrecked the quality but I don't blame them since the original size of the video is 96MB.

YouTube video link:

Now onto the other topic, the Foam Cannon HP Kit. I have a Karcher K367M Pressure Washer with the kit, and the car wash mixture used for these images is around 6oz of Eagle One Nano Wash & Wax Shampoo, 2oz of Optimum No Rinse, and the rest is water. The Eagle One shampoo is unbelievably NOT sudsy but the foam cannon still manages to give decent results. If I use Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo, it turns my car into a total snowball but I like the Wash & Wax Shampoo/ONR mixture as it gives some additional protection during the wash process. Onto the pictures:

Karcher Pressure Washer with the Foam Cannon HP Kit hooked up and ready to go!

The car has been pre-rinsed with the pressure washer to remove any loose dirt.

The front end lightly sprayed down.

The side of the vehicle lightly sprayed. Btw, the bucket is filled with Meguiar's Gold Class, and YES I am FINALLY using the two-bucket method with twin Grit Guards and it rocks!

Getting cocky with that foam! You can't tell, but the Foam Cannon HP nicely coats the wheels, tires, wheel wells, and inner wheel barrels in a thick layer of foam.

Letting the foam dwell.

Again...I think I just keep re-spraying and taking pictures because it was hard to spray and then dry my hands and snap a good picture.

Very nice white blanket on the rear end. When I used the free 2oz sample of DP Xtreme Foam, I wasn't able to read my license plate or the emblems/logos on the back of the vehicle!

After having washed the vehicle, I refilled the bottle with the same car soap/ONR mixture and let it dwell for a few minutes. I'm letting the ONR and Wash & Wax shampoo get absorbed by the paint to add some more protection.

Foam slowly fading away.

More fading...a lot of whiteness is gone now.

I like to thoroughly spray the wheels and wheel wells during this last soak process. It gives the rims and the wheel barrels a nice shine and some added protection without much effort on my part.

The hood and the windshield are still getting owned by the foam. I guess on horizontal surfaces, the foam has nowhere to go. So much foam on the driveway!

Thanks for looking. I will do my best to answer questions and comments.

Thanks,
    Emile
    Last edited by Emile; 08-08-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun: Fuzion video and Foam Cannon HP Pics

Hi Emile,
    I am a fellow jersey guy and that looks awesome. What dilution do you mix the shampoo in the bottle of the foam canon when you use a regular shampoo instead if the onr?
    Thanks for always being so informative on the forum.
    Stu
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Stu, thanks for the kind words. I usually use between 2 to 4 ounces of car wash soap, whether it's the Foam Cannon HP or the regular Foam Cannon, and the rest of the bottle is filled with water. I use 6 ounces of the Eagle One Wash & Wax shampoo because it is not very sudsy. A quality car shampoo like DP Xtreme Foam or Optimum Car Wash will only need 2 or 3 ounces to get amazingly nice foam from a foam cannon. Even Meguiar's Gold Class can deliver solid foam with 2 or 3 ounces.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hi Stu, thanks for the kind words. I usually use between 2 to 4 ounces of car wash soap, whether it's the Foam Cannon HP or the regular Foam Cannon, and the rest of the bottle is filled with water. I use 6 ounces of the Eagle One Wash & Wax shampoo because it is not very sudsy. A quality car shampoo like DP Xtreme Foam or Optimum Car Wash will only need 2 or 3 ounces to get amazingly nice foam from a foam cannon. Even Meguiar's Gold Class can deliver solid foam with 2 or 3 ounces.
    that's strange, it must not like the foam cannon LOL. the regular EO1 car wash is one of the best car soaps (foams very well) that i've used with the foam gun...

Post Thanks / Like

very nice indeed ... I think you are liking that cannon huh ??

Post Thanks / Like

gotta love foam cannon!!!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannons are awesome... but I really like your driveway

Post Thanks / Like

good way to clean ur driveway!! just foam a car on a different spot of the driveway everytime!! lol

now i have some questions on foam. never used or heard of it til i got on this forum. Are you supposed to let the foam sit for a while and hose off, or wash the foam? what about in sunlight?
    17 Tucson | 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP | 89 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10

@TheRealPolisher on FaceBook | @green2kgt on IG

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, and thank you for taking the time to put this up for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
    good way to clean ur driveway!! just foam a car on a different spot of the driveway everytime!! lol

now i have some questions on foam. never used or heard of it til i got on this forum. Are you supposed to let the foam sit for a while and hose off, or wash the foam? what about in sunlight?
    That depends on your preference and I have been trying different combinations of methods.

You can either rinse the car and then foam it up and then start washing your vehicle while the foam is sitting, or you can foam it up, rinse off, and then wash the car. Or foam it up, rinse off, foam up again, and then wash. It's really an endless amount of combinations and depends on whatever process you would like and how much soap you are willing to use up in a single wash process.

A lot of people, including myself, prefer to initially foam up the vehicle and let the foam sit for a minute or two, letting the soap break down any loose dirt and then washing it all off and then washing the car normally.

Finally, I have been playing around with different wash soaps. I have been able to get ridiculous amounts of frothy foam with the following car wash soaps:
    -Dodo Juice Sour Power
    -Meguiar's Gold Class
    -DP Xtreme Foam Formula
    -Citrus Wash & Goss
    -Citrus Wash & Clear

Once my new order of DP Xtreme Foamula arrives, I will grab some more pictures for you guys so you can see how it is SUPPOSED to look. Looking back at the pictures with the Eagle One Nano Wash & Wax, the foam is a joke compared to the potential.

I turned my dad's Mercedes into a fluffy cloud on Saturday afternoon, wish I had the camera handy!
    08 Subaru WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast