autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Porsche 997 Carrera + Upgraded Wheels + Upgraded Brakes = beauty! AutoLavish

The Porsche 911 series cars are without doubt some of the most beautiful and balanced of all time. With this latest write-up, I bring you a beautiful black 997 Carrera S sitting on upgraded wheels and brakes.

Marc was originally contacted by this owner who jumped at the chance to own his dream car, and has since cared for it dearly. Even though the paint was in the top-tier of the population, the owner wasn't satisfied, and was contemplating using his Ultimate Detailing Machine and other goodies. With a family and full-time job however, he found it a better alternative to outsource the work. Upon the initial inspection with the client, there were very light swirls and very few Random Isolated Deep Scratches, and the paint would be the only thing to see work.

Marc picked the pretty lady up, brought her back to his place, and we started a long day of work. It seemed with a detailer soon to perform their trade, the car gobbled up at much dirt and grime as possible....

Inside the front air dam there were dead dried-out leafs, cigarette buds, and trash that needed to be cared for before the Porsche got her bath.

Vacuumed out

Door jams in need of love

There were several areas with wax residue that needed attention as well - here are a couple

Gas cap area could use a little help as well

To begin, wheels and expensive brake components were doused with P21S wheel cleaner gel

While the wheels dwelled, hard to reach areas got hit with Meg's APC (10:1) and a Swissvax brush while the wheel wells got APC (4:1)

Return to the wheels

Local to Southeast Michigan
    Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Porsche 997 Carrera + Upgraded Wheels + Upgraded Brakes = beauty! AutoLavi

Griot's wax residue cleaner was used around the sun-roof then agitated with a precision brush

A thorough rinse followed by a good two bucket wash helped to clean off dirt and grime very easily

Danase mild clay was used and yielded very light contamination while exhaust tips were cleaned with P21S finish restorer + #0000 steel wool

Once rinsed and dried with waffle weave microfibers, we taped off any areas not fit to be hit by buffing pads

Taped off, we tested a section for the best pad+polish combination.

From this we chose Menzerna 106 on a Lake Country black pad, followed by Menzerna 85RD on a blue Lake Country finishing pad, and got to work.

We weren't willing to settle for a good finish. A "good finish" can be delivered by too many others, and the owner specifically set out for as close to perfection as possible in the time allotted. Here's a section in which you can see the additional amount of gloss and clarity in the paint that was brought out by burnishing with PO85RD + a no cut pad.

That subtle difference is what truly set off the paint's look once completed.

How's this for clarity - my favorite pic of the set in which you can see clearly the printed words on the inside of the halogen lamp housing reflecting off the paint

Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Porsche 997 Carrera + Upgraded Wheels + Upgraded Brakes = beauty! AutoLavi

The bottom ledge of the car under the door entrance was the worst portion of the entire thing. We worked the area with small pads until its finish matched that of the other polished portions

After the final rinse to remove any polishing dust, the car was blown dry with fresh waffle weave microfibers to clean up any remaining droplets. Next up the car needed it's initial layer of protection. Danase Wet Glaze was applied with a PC. The slickness this added truly shocked me as it was my first time trying it out. Surely it is in the top tier of slickness - right up there with Collinite, but without the difficulty to remove.

DWG set, buffed off, and left to cure, we turned our attention to the other small areas. Klasse AIO was used on all the door jams

Aquapel was applied to the windshield for high quality 6 month protection

The "Lucy Shot" of approval

With this, our allotted time was spent, and when the client was contacted about the great progress we made - he agreed to give us a few more hours to do the interior and any other small area we could finish. AWESOME. Marc and I turned the heat up and got cookin'.

Petals cleaned with woolite (10:1), carpets vacuumed, leather cleaned, dash cleaned with 1Z Cockpit Premium, Leather got Z-10, glass cleaned with Meg's Glass Cleaner Concentrate (make sure to use pure/RO water!)

Final protection came in the form of Dodo Juice Supernatural. DWG laid down a nice coat of slickness and protection for the wax, then SN went on very thin and easy. Left behind was a beautiful deep look

Interior came around nicely, but makes me mad I never had a booster seat in a Porsche growing up

Final look was outstanding.

Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

The trunk as it should look

Trash thrown out, complimentary microfiber's for the paint in a sealed bag, and the owner's battery tender now secure in a water proof bag as well

License plate that was taken off and cleaned, was finally reinstalled, but got WD-40 to all the screws, and inside the screw housing first.

Finally...

With the vehicle now complete, the sky opened up and rain poured down. Great...

After almost 10 hours with two working, we were finished and even Lucy was beat

The owner shrugged off the rain, knowing things would easily clean off the now polished and waxed surface, and headed off.

Just remember that true gloss can't be hidden by rain nor low light conditions

Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gawd, please come and polish my car.

Well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Black Porsche 997 Carrera + Upgraded Wheels + Upgraded Brakes = beauty! AutoLavi

Stephen
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

wonderful work. It's ashame that the customer still drove it in the rain. That would have made me cry. All that work Kindda like when I spend 5 hours or so detailing the wife's car and she just says "looks good." no appreciation.

Let me just say to you guys, you did outstanding work. That porsche was impeccable. Thanks for the pics.

Post Thanks / Like

That is one sweet ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Great work! That SuperNatural wooden pot is so teasing!!!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Oh my gawd, please come and polish my car.

Well done!
    Hi akimel! Good to see you around! How does Tuesday sound?

Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post

Stephen
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportscarhiatus View Post
    wonderful work. It's ashame that the customer still drove it in the rain. That would have made me cry. All that work Kindda like when I spend 5 hours or so detailing the wife's car and she just says "looks good." no appreciation.

Let me just say to you guys, you did outstanding work. That porsche was impeccable. Thanks for the pics.
    First, Thank you! Unfortunately, here in Michigan the weather is weird like that. Yesterday they forecast afternoon storms and it ended up not raining at all! The owner was aware of the weather that day, and decided to go ahead despite. But at least he only had a short distance to drive.

He was able to wash the car on the weekend, and see how it turned out. Good thing about Supernatural, it looks even better after a little time and a good QD.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by awheeler3296 View Post
    That is one sweet ride!
    Oh man,it is! Not only does it look great, but the craftsmanship in this car is amazing. Everything fits right, feels solid, no corners cut. The interior took longer than I thought because it has either carpet or leather covering everything!

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    Great work! That SuperNatural wooden pot is so teasing!!!
    Isn't it!? It looks so distinctive, but casual.

Thank you, sir!

Serving Nationwide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast