autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1420
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea

Quote Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
    I ordered this stuff...cheap enough to try and will probably need to reapply every few months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It will last 1-2 months if your lucky

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried Opti Lens a few times and it does not last very long on my headlights, a few months at most before they start discoloring again. I am going to try spraying my headlights with a 2K aerosol clear I will be using to paint other parts of my car. Has anyone tried this? It is supposed to first be sprayed with some kind of adhesive promoter or primer but I am not exactly sure what grit sand paper you sand down to before applying the adhesive promotor before spraying the clear. Some places say 800grit while others say you can go much finer, I would rather go finer, 800 grit seems to be too rough.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use only one UV sealer for my headlight restoration and it applies easily and lasts extremely long time . .......Yacht varnish .
    Highly UV , water , salt resistant . Also does not crack or peel . I love this stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cowandchikin View Post
    I use only one UV sealer for my headlight restoration and it applies easily and lasts extremely long time . .......Yacht varnish .
    Highly UV , water , salt resistant . Also does not crack or peel . I love this stuff
    But is is crystal clear?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdez View Post
    But is is crystal clear?
    Yeah, some has a golden tint to it. And how do you apply it?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Yeah, some has a golden tint to it. And how do you apply it?
    Get clear gloss yacht varnish . In the can the varnish looks slightly golden , however once applied and dried it is crystal clear . Usually I dilute it with mineral turpentine so its quite liquid , then I use a lint free cloth ( like you use to clean glasses ) and apply it in linear strokes across . Be sure to do long strokes from one side to the other side without stopping , apply quickly and evenly . Dont stop and over correct . Leaves a nice gloss finish that dries overnight .

***Its important it is quite liquid or it will leave pattern lines if it is too thick***

Post Thanks / Like

Get clear gloss yacht varnish . In the can the varnish looks slightly golden , however once applied and dried it is crystal clear . Usually I dilute it with mineral turpentine so its quite liquid , then I use a lint free cloth ( like you use to clean glasses ) and apply it in linear strokes across . Be sure to do long strokes from one side to the other side without stopping , apply quickly and evenly . Dont stop and over correct . Leaves a nice gloss finish that dries overnight .

***Its important it is quite liquid or it will leave pattern lines if it is too thick***
    What brand and model of yacht varnish? Intrigued. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff79 View Post
    Have you tried gclear? Its been holding up very well for my customers the past 2 years
    I've been eyeing it up
    Havent pulled trigger as I'm not sure if it'll cure outside or if you'll need a UV light to cure

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    What brand and model of yacht varnish? Intrigued. Thanks.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008VPDP...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Woodoc Food for Wood

I have used both before .

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys i hope someone can answer me soon. I saw this post and decided to try it. My headlights were wet sanded and buffed n polished about r months ago didnt seal them with anything. Well they are already cloudy. So i found this post and gave it a try. I compounded and polsihed the headlights then applied the mixture. Came out great. Well this morning after the dew wore off the headlights they looked horrible. Really streaky. I dont understand why. What did i do wrong? During the day after i applied it the streaks disappered and the headlight looked great. Not its crap. I was able to rub it all off this morning with just a microfiber towel and some pressure. I mixed the stuff in those lil dixie cups. Idk if thts makes a difference. I read something about them on one of the pages. But can anyone help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-20170110_082612-jpg  

Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast