autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1420
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I would like to restore some of my headlights. Are you guys still using the spar method , if not what new products/methods would you recommend , and how long do they last before hazing returns?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff79 View Post
    In terms of longevity which one would you say typically lasts longer??
    honestly Im gonna say they last just about the same amount of time but the glasweld may have a little bit of an upper hand.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience is that uv cured urethanes are far superior to spar varnish. I have seen some glasweld jobs start fading too early imo, but it's more the exception... whereas with spar varnish, it's the exception when it does hold up well. Varnish does not last a year in my experience.... usually not even 6 months. I have a test spot on my old durango...top side of the lens that faces the sky... that is still clear and present after 2 years. Varnish would have completed degraded by now. But I've had some issues with the gcure stuff not keeping lights clear. That's in the prep, conditions, or specific vehicle. Toyota Corolla 05-06 types for example...the lights oxidize so bad that a single coat just doesn't prevent the fading.
    Later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNPCUSTOMS View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post and I would like to restore some of my headlights. Are you guys still using the spar method , if not what new products/methods would you recommend , and how long do they last before hazing returns?
    I been using Opti-lens as protection layer.

it is pricey side, but it will last long..... probably it will go bad before you run out them.

My second option would be gtechniq C4 trim coat.

I love gtechniq for easy application, again, expensive but little goes long way, and you can also use C4 for both trims and headlights so you will get more use out of it.

according to gtechniq, it will last upto 2 years.
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

I have found the best way to apply the sealant (I use SafetyClear...but it smells and looks just like the stuff you guys are mixing) is a combination of the Scott blue towel, AND the foam brush. Best of both worlds. Foam brush is the most consistent applicator, but tons or air bubbles. The Blue towel is great, but sometimes hard to keep consistent.

Simply wrap a blue towel, AROUND the foam brush head. Soak the blue towel and foam brush, and brusk it on. Works fast and first time success for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Made a video series on my methods. I actually offer two levels of headlight restoration and I wanted a example light to show customers.

https://youtu.be/F2uXXK_qzpw

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choijw2 View Post
    I been using Opti-lens as protection layer.

it is pricey side, but it will last long..... probably it will go bad before you run out them.

My second option would be gtechniq C4 trim coat.

I love gtechniq for easy application, again, expensive but little goes long way, and you can also use C4 for both trims and headlights so you will get more use out of it.

according to gtechniq, it will last upto 2 years.
    Thank you guys for tips and replies. @ Sweet The Details, I saw your post/thread and it was great.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any durability results on the product you use? Just received mine and have seen 1 durability review and it was a little disappointed considering the claims by the company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzaV View Post
    I have found the best way to apply the sealant (I use SafetyClear...but it smells and looks just like the stuff you guys are mixing) is a combination of the Scott blue towel, AND the foam brush. Best of both worlds. Foam brush is the most consistent applicator, but tons or air bubbles. The Blue towel is great, but sometimes hard to keep consistent.

Simply wrap a blue towel, AROUND the foam brush head. Soak the blue towel and foam brush, and brusk it on. Works fast and first time success for me...

Any durability results. I've seen 1 review and it was a little disappointing considering the claims by the company

Post Thanks / Like

The two cars I've had less than perfect results were both Corollas, an 03 and an 05. I though it was the prep or conditions, because on both only one lens was iffy. Thanks for the heads-up, Mr Fusion. Meanwhile, the 02 Accord's lenses are still perfect at 21 months.
    Francesco

Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast