autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A little DP Sealant Review

I finally had the opportunity to try DP's newly created Sealant on my wife's Red Tracker.. All the thanks to the fantastic staff at Autogeek. I also tried a couple of recently purchased product. WG Swirl Remover, PB's ProPolish(New Formula).
    WG Swirl Remover was used w/ a LC Orange Pan@ speed set 5. Product worked well. Their really wasn't anything in particular I was trying to remove. I thought I would see how user friendly it was at application & removal. I was pleased with both. Only ended up using it on half of the jeep because I thought I would save time do to the fact the jeep really doesn't need a swirl remover.
    ProPolish was used on the entire vehicle with a LC White Pad@ Speed set 5 to prep the surface.. I was pleased with the results of application & removal.
    I then followed up with DP's new Sealant. This is some great stuff! If your at all familiar with WG's Sealant I thought this was a pretty good replica(Not quiet the Same POP). Though an A+ creation. Application & Removal was a breeze. Dried fast. I applied it with a LC Black Pad@ Speed set 3.
    I apologize for the dullness of the Vinyl top and trim. That another days work. Trim needs more than a dressing. The pictures aren't to show her car off, more so you can see the results of the above product. Tires and Wells dressed with Meg's NXT. Not my Fav, but I find it holds up well when it rains. Anyway I'm exhausted, I'll let the pictures do the talking now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good. I get mine Monday! I'll try it out on my black car. Seems like it is a test subject.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really good! Did you apply it in the sun or shade?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one panel done before it got to hot. Its up against three panels with Duragloss (blue cream, white box). I can tell you that DP looks very glossy immediately and not so much of the plastic look. I think we have another winner.

Mike, have you used the original DP Shield Shine ?? From what I remember, this one is easier to remove.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike..the finish looks very Impressive....nice warm look to it....not a plastic look...nice and wet also..as Killer said..DP has a winner there...very impressive....nice depth also...I really like the looks of the finished results....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything was applied in direct sunlight. If you were outside today then you you know how HOT it was. I couldn't even walk barefoot. My feet were burning.
    Killer I haven't tried Shield Shine. Wolfgang was my first Sealant, so I had high expectations. My wife was quiet taken back how shiny & glossy her car was. The only thing stopping me from trying the sealant on my black car is that I had also purchased CK Red Moose Machine Glaze. Which I plan on trying on my car soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks outstanding. The 3rd pic looks like a POOl of WATER. Is she happy with her ner shiney red Paint. I know i am

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Great! Nice and wet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try and keep you guys updated.
    This morning I walked and and their wasn't one drop of dew on the whole jeep. All the other cars including mine had a substantial amount. It's supposed to rain today so I will try and get some beading shots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

the truck looks great. I'm waiting for my DP sealant sample to show up tomorrow. I hope to have a chance to use it before the week is out. I'm planning on topping mine with MaxWax, and should be able to get pics at every step of the way. Can't wait...
    Last edited by Sn95nik; 08-14-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast