autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2007 Toyota Yaris

This car was done on 10/01/08, but due to some internet and resting issues it couldn't be posted until today. This car belongs to a young retired Navy veteran who is a very good family friend, almost like family and who is having a maxilofacial surgery next Wednesday. The car sleeps outside 24/7 and has never been polised or waxed since new. I just started taking care of this one a few months back and it has just been getting easier to clean, but also a little tricky. The car has a lot of scratches and dents, which will be taken care of pretty soon and makes the detail a little challenge. Also she usually ries with her mom and her 2 "monsters", her grandfather(WWII Veteran) and her uncle (mentally challenged), and they both pass gas inside all the time Not all that fun, right? LOL Anyways, we decided to tacke it before her surgery so that way it's protected from the elemnts while she recovers. I wanted to do a full detail, but due to time constrains, I had to do an AIO and sealant, rather than wax. Here's my process(you will read about some products you might never heard before, but they're sold widely here in Puerto Rico):

I started with the wheel using Doctor Mecanico APC full strenght on the wheels and wheel wells.
    WW scrubed using a cheap sponge
    Tired scrubed using Meguiars Tire Brush
    Tires were dressed with Cristal Untouchable Wet Tire Finish(aerosol)
    WW were dressed with HyperDressing 3:1
    Washed with ONR and sheepskin
    Clayed with Rightlooks Fine Clay for top and upper side panels, and Sonus grey for lower and bottom panels(claying was done while washing)
    Dried using Absorber
    Polished with PC Danase White pad and OPS
    Buffed with Danase Buff Towels
    LSP of choice was Danase Paint Sealant

Interior was followed with the following:
    Vacuumed with my brand-spanking-new Ridgid WD4050
    Plastics were done with Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer and a cheap MF
    Carpets brushed down with Meguiars Carpet Brush

Now, onto the pics! you can see in here that the car had some bird sh!t sitting for God-knows-how long and was toasted into the CC
    This car was done on 10/01/08, but due to some internet and resting issues it couldn't be posted until today. This car belongs to a young retired Navy veteran who is a very good family friend, almost like family and who is having a maxilofacial surgery next Wednesday. The car sleeps outside 24/7 and has never been polised or waxed since new. I just started taking care of this one a few months back and it has just been getting easier to clean, but also a little tricky. The car has a lot of scratches and dents, which will be taken care of pretty soon and makes the detail a little challenge. Also she usually ries with her mom and her 2 "monsters", her grandfather(WWII Veteran) and her uncle (mentally challenged), and they both pass gas inside all the time Not all that fun, right? LOL Anyways, we decided to tacke it before her surgery so that way it's protected from the elemnts while she recovers. I wanted to do a full detail, but due to time constrains, I had to do an AIO and sealant, rather than wax. Here's my process(you will read about some products you might never heard before, but they're sold widely here in Puerto Rico):

I started with the wheel using Doctor Mecanico APC full strenght on the wheels and wheel wells.
    WW scrubed using a cheap sponge
    Tired scrubed using Meguiars Tire Brush
    Tires were dressed with Cristal Untouchable Wet Tire Finish(aerosol)
    WW were dressed with HyperDressing 3:1
    Washed with ONR and sheepskin
    Clayed with Rightlooks Fine Clay for top and upper side panels, and Sonus grey for lower and bottom panels(claying was done while washing)
    Dried using Absorber
    Polished with PC Danase White pad and OPS
    Buffed with Danase Buff Towels
    LSP of choice was Danase Paint Sealant

Interior was followed with the following:
    Vacuumed with my brand-spanking-new Ridgid WD4050
    Plastics were done with Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer and a cheap MF
    Carpets brushed down with Meguiars Carpet Brush

Now, onto the pics! you can see in here that the car had some bird sh!t sitting for God-knows-how long and was toasted into the CC

There's some shine in there, and maybe you can see some weird soot right on the middle of the roof that was taken out with the clay

The worst dent the car has right now(as stated before, this will be taken car of soon)

And the interior which was pretty bad, despite I vacuumed it not long ago

This pic is of the dash, which was not bad, but looking at how to remove that weird spot on the plexy of the ODO(BTW, that's the owner right there)

Tire done, but not dressed yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Sweet first oficial AG zombie!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2007 Toyota Yaris

Now, with the washing

And the Sonus gray after half a bottom pilar

After washing

And a 50/50 after OPS. Left is done, right is not

By the time, I was done, it was dark, due to helping to move some stuff around the house and getting called every 5 minutes for something, also checking to see how my mom was doing. So the next few pics are after finishing with the OPS and a Danase Pads for the car and LC CCS 5" for the bumpers and intricate areas

Post Thanks / Like

I had to use some OC due to a super scratch in the top pilar by the driver's door which I forgot to take pics about(damn!) and the results were really nice...

But now to the LSP, Danase Paint Sealant. I have to say that I love how this sealant applied and how awesome it looks on this color. It did not mute the flake and it was a super breeze to remove. I will apply another coat in a few days in order to give it a nice protection for a nice while. Now onto the final pics:

I had to change the applicator because the MF app was absorbing a lot of the product.

DPS while curing

Afters

Thanks for looking

Joey

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks much nicer. Thanks for sharing.