autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160
  1. #151
    Super Member Klasse Act's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palatine Illinois, USA
    Posts
    24,886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Mazda just does it rightWheel Wednesday!Wheel Wednesday!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

  2. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
  3. #152
    Super Member chilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    This week's addition curtesy of a Mazda CX-5 Akera. I love the finish on these 19-inch wheels, just the right shade of silver and really suit the car.

    On this occasion, tires were scrubbed with the Carpro ReTyre, wheels with the brilliant NV Purge, protection via Gyeon Wet Coat.







    Finished off with Carpro Darkside on the tires.





    Those really are some very stylish wheels

    Mazda has some really good design ideas

  4. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
  5. #153
    Super Member Klasse Act's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palatine Illinois, USA
    Posts
    24,886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Finally...I have a Wheel Wednesday Wheel Wednesday!...and a question?

    So I cleaned the tires and wheels with Griot's Garage wheel cleaner, yeah it's not really for tires but no real harmWheel Wednesday!

    Once I was done I noticed the front tires were a little "uneven" looking compared to the rears, they looked great actuallyWheel Wednesday!

    These pics are after I applied a single coat of Turtle Wheel Wednesday! Wax Mr. Cartoon to "even them up". Now if you look at the fronts compared to the rears you'll notice a difference in sheenWheel Wednesday!

    Now I'm not taking offramp too fast and drive aggressively, well around here, so what do you guys think about thisWheel Wednesday!

    Btw the pics were left NORMAL and not touched up with the AUTO setting like normalWheel Wednesday!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

  6. Likes DFB liked this post
  7. #154
    Super Member Big Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Slightly north of Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    2,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Finally...I have a Wheel Wednesday Wheel Wednesday!...and a question?

    So I cleaned the tires and wheels with Griot's Garage wheel cleaner, yeah it's not really for tires but no real harmWheel Wednesday!

    Once I was done I noticed the front tires were a little "uneven" looking compared to the rears, they looked great actuallyWheel Wednesday!

    These pics are after I applied a single coat of Turtle Wheel Wednesday! Wax Mr. Cartoon to "even them up". Now if you look at the fronts compared to the rears you'll notice a difference in sheenWheel Wednesday!

    Now I'm not taking offramp too fast and drive aggressively, well around here, so what do you guys think about thisWheel Wednesday!

    Btw the pics were left NORMAL and not touched up with the AUTO setting like normalWheel Wednesday!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    My rear tyres are always dirtier than the front, but that's because of the mud I drive through. Do you get more brake dust on the front wheels compared to the rear, it could be brake dust sticking to the rubber.

    Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

  8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
  9. #155
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Those really are some very stylish wheels

    Mazda has some really good design ideas
    Although not relevant to the model pictured, I'm pumped Mazda has returned to 6-cylinder engines, especially considering it's an inline 6!



    Amazing how that engine layout was on the nose for 20+ years, mainly because it doesn't "package" very well compared to a more compact V6, and it was seen as a more technically advanced configuration. But nothing beats an inline 6 for smoothness, refinement and sound. Mercedes, Jaguar-Landrover, Jeep/RAM/Dodge and Mazda have all returned to the layout. I think GM have too with a diesel.

    All I need now is for Ford to bring back the Barra inline 6 and put it into Mustang's and F-Series. For the modern era, I would change the block to aluminum instead of cast iron, reduce the stroke to bring the capacity down to 3.2-litres, bump up the rev limit from 6250 to 7250, add direct injection. Both naturally aspirated and turbo versions please, and carefully tuned induction and exhaust notes, none of that fake crap. I don't ask for much...................

  10. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
  11. #156
    Super Member Big Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Slightly north of Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    2,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Although not relevant to the model pictured, I'm pumped Mazda has returned to 6-cylinder engines, especially considering it's an inline 6!



    Amazing how that engine layout was on the nose for 20+ years, mainly because it doesn't "package" very well compared to a more compact V6, and it was seen as a more technically advanced configuration. But nothing beats an inline 6 for smoothness, refinement and sound. Mercedes, Jaguar-Landrover, Jeep/RAM/Dodge and Mazda have all returned to the layout. I think GM have too with a diesel.

    All I need now is for Ford to bring back the Barra inline 6 and put it into Mustang's and F-Series. For the modern era, I would change the block to aluminum instead of cast iron, reduce the stroke to bring the capacity down to 3.2-litres, bump up the rev limit from 6250 to 7250, add direct injection. Both naturally aspirated and turbo versions please, and carefully tuned induction and exhaust notes, none of that fake crap. I don't ask for much...................
    I loved the RB30 in my VL Commodore, but I didn't tune the exhaust, In my defence I was in my mid twenties and I wanted something loud, and it was loud enough to set off car alarms, remember when aftermarket car alarms had pressure sensors in them. I was a menace. But I loved how smooth it revved.

    Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

  12. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
  13. #157
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I loved the RB30 in my VL Commodore, but I didn't tune the exhaust, In my defence I was in my mid twenties and I wanted something loud, and it was loud enough to set off car alarms, remember when aftermarket car alarms had pressure sensors in them. I was a menace. But I loved how smooth it revved.

    Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Needless to say, Holden stook a step back when they dropped the Nissan engine.

    A mate of mines first car was a 1990 Nissan Skyline Silhouette, which had the same 3.0-inline 6, his was a 5-speed manual. That engine was so smooth and made some nice noises. It put my 2001 Fairmont to shame, those old SOHC 4.0-liters were smooth up to about 3500 rpm, above that they were very wheezy and strained. Although, the old 4.0 could pull a nice single pegger with all that low end torque.

  14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
  15. #158
    Super Member Klasse Act's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palatine Illinois, USA
    Posts
    24,886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    1990 Nissan Skyline R31 Silhouette GTS2 (SVD) | classicregister

    Did it look like this oneWheel Wednesday!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

  16. #159
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    1990 Nissan Skyline R31 Silhouette GTS2 (SVD) | classicregister

    Did it look like this oneWheel Wednesday!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    That's the one, they were made in Australia too. I loved the stove burner taillights that model.


  17. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Tasmania liked this post
  18. #160
    Super Member Big Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Slightly north of Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    2,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Wheel Wednesday!

    It's Thursday afternoon here, but it's still Wednesday somewhere, and I was actually cleaning some mud off the tyres, but I had to do the wheels afterwards anyway. I used up the last of my TW tire and wheel cleaner, not Hyper Foam, I wanted to use it up, make some space on the shelf. The mud melted away, and took the last of the Hyper Dressing with it. I rinsed the wheels, tyres, and wheel wells off, dried the wheels with TWHS Wet Wax, then sprayed the tyres with a cheap brand aerosol tyre shine. I can't even remember why I bought it, probably because it was $5.

    The last shot is because that's my favourite angle to look at this wheel tyre combo.

    Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

  19. Likes chilly, Klasse Act, DFB, Tasmania, Dirty Harry liked this post
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Similar Threads

  1. Detailed Wednesday
    By topperjohn68 in forum RV & Motorhome Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2018, 09:50 AM
  2. Wax Wednesday!!
    By Elliot@Autogeek in forum Sales & Promotions - For forum members and non-forum members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2017, 12:14 PM
  3. Wax Wednesday. Sonax giveaway.
    By Dave_k in forum Show N' Shine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:26 PM
  4. Wednesday 10-31-2012 on Velocity.......
    By 57BORNTORUN in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 10:04 PM

Members who have read this thread: 62

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» June 2024

S M T W T F S
262728293031 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 123456