autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1st decon wash in almost a year!

July 2022 i did up a friends new 2022 ford f250.

Today i was finally able to get my paws on it to give it its first decontamination wash, and only its 2nd hand wash since i coated it 11 months ago, and now just over 8300 miles on it. This thing sees nothing but touchless car washes, besides the only hand wash he gave it last year....to say its been neglected is an understatment.

The only water beading of any kind was on the front fenders(above the road film line)...and it was meh. Everything was clogged....dead. and its stayed that way even after this entire decon. Paint was very grabby feeling.

Foamed with bh touchless let dwell. This took care of melting the grime/bug guts and most other contaiminants. Other than iron deposits and hear and there tar spots.

Sprayed iron remover, whole truck was covered in iron deposits. Stills few little specks here and there but i was not going to clay.(had hope at the time the coating would reveal itself later).

Bucket wash with descale.

Wheels have some bonded contaminants that would need hand polished off. Not in the scope of work though.

Rinseless with fenlab pure rinseless.

Wipedown wax/grease remover.

Application of can coat evo.

Better than it was. Would be nice to get at this thing more often the keep up on it but its not up to me. Anyway, thanks for taking a gander.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st decon wash in almost a year!

Done

Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed it....but what was the coating you used 11 months ago?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I may have missed it....but what was the coating you used 11 months ago?
    Woops sorry i forgot to add that. Gyeon pure evo

Post Thanks / Like

That didn't last long. Hummmm. I have a bottle of that I never used. Nice job Opie

7. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    That didn't last long. Hummmm. I have a bottle of that I never used. Nice job Opie
    Thankyou. And i guess thats what happens when its not maintained.1st decon wash in almost a year! kinda disapointing. Its my first time dealing with a coating that was not cared for at all.

9. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar issue with a customer that I ceramic coated 3 of his vehicles with. All 3 are parked outside under
    giant pine trees & eucalyptus trees. I get a text one day stating that he washed his cars and they weren’t beading well on the horizontal panels. After speaking with him I discovered he had not done any type of washing whatsoever in 6 months. BTW, he purchased wash mitts, Reset shampoo amongst so other products to do his own maintenance.
    I tried a very aggressive decon and while it was better they still had a lot of tree sap embedded and baked in. Ultimately I ended up re polishing & coating the horizontal panels on all 3 vehicles & he was charged because the coating can’t go 6 months without any type of maintenance. Needless to say, he washes biweekly now.

11. Likes opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I had a similar issue with a customer that I ceramic coated 3 of his vehicles with. All 3 are parked outside under
    giant pine trees & eucalyptus trees. I get a text one day stating that he washed his cars and they weren’t beading well on the horizontal panels. After speaking with him I discovered he had not done any type of washing whatsoever in 6 months. BTW, he purchased wash mitts, Reset shampoo amongst so other products to do his own maintenance.
    I tried a very aggressive decon and while it was better they still had a lot of tree sap embedded and baked in. Ultimately I ended up re polishing & coating the horizontal panels on all 3 vehicles & he was charged because the coating can’t go 6 months without any type of maintenance. Needless to say, he washes biweekly now.
    Thanks for sharing your story. I try telling anyone that takes interest enough to either ask me about ceramic coatings or i install them for, that you should hand wash it atleast once ever 2 weeks. They need to be maintained to last, its not a smear it on and forget it product

13. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story. I try telling anyone that takes interest enough to either ask me about ceramic coatings or i install them for, that you should hand wash it atleast once ever 2 weeks. They need to be maintained to last, its not a smear it on and forget it product

Well said. Sadly, people think a ceramic coating makes their car impervious to harm. There's a detail shop local to me that basically makes it sound like that in their FB ads.

15. Likes opie, John U, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Well said. Sadly, people think a ceramic coating makes their car impervious to harm. There's a detail shop local to me that basically makes it sound like that in their FB ads.
    Bet they tell them that rocks will bounce right off and never leave a mark lol

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast