autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Some months later

Got some pics of how the Kangoo looks after the winter with the Duragloss 501 + 105 + 111 combo on it. applyed it around the 5th oct 07 and now almost 7 months later i applyed Meguiars DC Carnauba wax on one panel on the car so it would be freshly waxed, and the compared it with the other panel that hadnt seen wax for about 7 months.

Here are the detail in Oct 07:

Renault Kangoo full detail

The car is/was not placed in the garage, so it has been outside 24/7 all winter here in Norway, it has almost been driven every day during this period, and it havent seen much tlc in those months (everything freez if washed when cold here)

The few times it was washed this period it was no problem getting it clean again, the dirt and road grim didnt stick, and i didnt use much more than regular foam lance soap at the washer, HP washed and standard carwash with mitt, DG 901 and Guzzler drying.

I applyed the Meguiars DC carnauba wax yesterday, and after some rain today i took some shots so you can see how the Duragloss combo still beads water as good as the panel freshly layerd with a coat of wax...

Fresh wax:

7 months old panel:

Left side old Duragloss, right side fresh Megs DC

From some distance, its the "mirror" on the side that got Megs DC carnauba wax

So, im pretty impressed how the Duragloss still beads water this good after the dirty, salty winter period it has been trough. its hard to see withc panel that is fresh waxed an witch arent..

The plastic got Duragloss 531 marine and rv protectant in oct 07 and they beads water nice, and still makes the panels look like new..

Anyway the car gets a summer coat soon.... just for fun....
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some months later

Funky car, cool beads. Nice protection and gas mileage rolled into one. Very cool!