autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

2013 Ford Get's the Business, Inside and Out - Before & After pics this time

So this weekend's Ceramic Saturday was for a friend who I've done several cars for and have two more to go. This was his old company car that has since been passed onto his 17-year-old son. Gotta love a true "car guy" who not only buys a Ford Fusion with a 6-speed manual but also gets both his kids to drive them as well

This is his 2013 Fusion SE with just over 124k miles on the clock. It's seen better days but is a really nice daily driver let alone one for a teen. The goal here was to get the interior like new and smelling fresh, not old with a tinge of teen hockey player. Outside the goal was to clean it up fully, bring back the gloss and seal it up with a 1-year ceramic coating.

One discovery in the trunk area that is likely the main cause of the "smell" is that due to a low-impact rear hit at some point, the seal along the trunk is not doing it's job and thus water has been leaking into it. I discovered where and am going to connect the owner with another body shop buddy of mine as this will be vehicle #2 he needs to bring to him.

I fully removed the trunk liner and cleaned them all up and disinfected them along with the entire car that got a full dose of Chlorine Dioxide. Now she's smelling fresh like she should and so long as they keep the trunk floor pad out of the car, water won't soak it any longer and will simply collect in the spare tire area until it's fixed.

All in all it turned out fantastic. The carpet was fully steam extracted, the headliner the same, the leather seats cleaned and conditioned then dressed to a factory matte finish. outside the glass is sealed up with ceramic on the front and rear windows as an added "little something extra" Paint came back just fine with my Basic Polish & Protect and a 12-month Ceramic has been applied.

Onto the pics which include some pretty graphic before pics too

Polished with a Flex 3401, Orange L.C. Flat Pads using GYEON Primer as the product. Ceramic used is GYEON CanCoat EVO.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes dgage, Bruno Soares, opie, lane5515, Tasmania and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Ford Get's the Business, Inside and Out - Before & After pics this time

That thing was discusting lol, great work as usual

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Ford Get's the Business, Inside and Out - Before & After pics this time

Were there homeless people living in there? Lol

Awesome turn around!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes opie, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What you working on new cars now? Sucker looks brandy new now!!! Nicely done!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

8. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sold my home and moved so out of touch for a while. 1st thing I look at is your work and as usual...it ROCKS! Excellent work! Silver is a difficult color to see perfection, however, you did!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

10. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work as always

12. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post