autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 BIG Muscle Get's the Business

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    ZL1 > Hell Cat

ESPECIALLY if you're going to mod it
    ZL is an all around better car and performer too. I've had track days in a Hellcat as I looked at them and even just driving them side by side, the Camaro comes across as a better car. Quicker on the streets too. The 10spd Auto vs 8 Speed Auto that is. I'd buy the manual though as it's the best fun of performance vs engagement for sure.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 BIG Muscle Get's the Business

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    ZL is an all around better car and performer too. I've had track days in a Hellcat as I looked at them and even just driving them side by side, the Camaro comes across as a better car. Quicker on the streets too. The 10spd Auto vs 8 Speed Auto that is. I'd buy the manual though as it's the best fun of performance vs engagement for sure.
    I don’t doubt that and I don’t do track days though I wish there was a road coarse near me as that is what I’d be interested in. But to me, both cars are unnecessarily big. It’s not like the Camaro has a decent rear seat for the size of the car, it is big just to be big and evoke the muscle car era. As a sports car it needs to go on a diet. But that is also why they have so many different models and types of cars on the road, I am obviously not the target for those cars.

Post Thanks / Like

2022 BIG Muscle Get's the Business

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I don’t doubt that and I don’t do track days though I wish there was a road coarse near me as that is what I’d be interested in. But to me, both cars are unnecessarily big. It’s not like the Camaro has a decent rear seat for the size of the car, it is big just to be big and evoke the muscle car era. As a sports car it needs to go on a diet. But that is also why they have so many different models and types of cars on the road, I am obviously not the target for those cars.
    If the overall dimensions of the car are just two big I get that but a diet it does not need performance wise.

Nurburgring is the track in which all performance cars are held to the highest standard in performance.

The zL1 1LE did Nurburgring in 7:16. That destroys anything from Japan GTR and NSX included.

That new SWEET Shelby gt500? Beat it by 25 seconds

It was just .5 seconds slower than the BMW M4 CLS that is double the price. In fact of the 35 cars that did beat it in ring time almost all are double the price or more.

I’ve owned an S550 (current gen) Mustang and drove plenty of challengers. The Camaro is more akin to a European car with an American v8 than those other two.

Wasn’t even in my wheel house of cars till I drove it. It handles as if on rails.

When bought I was literally looking at a Q50 RedSport and an M4. Then I drove it….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12