autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Tesla model 3

Hello everyone! Just a weekend warrior that does this as a true hobby but we finally took delivery of my wife’s new Tesla 3 performance and before she drove it much, I told her I wanted to coat it and get it dialed in. I’ve used a griots garage da for years and finally decided to “up my game” and get a Rupes. What an amazing difference. This thing is so smooth and doesn’t even feel like it’s running half the time. I used yellow foam pads and compound after a good wash and clay. I then used Adam’s Graphene on the paint, glass (not windshield) and wheels. Turned out amazing although I’ll second everyone’s opinion on Tesla paint, not that great and is hard to work with compared to others. Especially for what you pay imho. I’ll be doing the c-quartz leather 2.0 soon but am about to take her expedition in the shop for the same treatment and a new windshield and then do the interior so she has a clean ride while it cures! Overall, this car is incredible and I can’t wait to get more seat time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage, Jayfro, fly07sti, SNP209, CleanIT and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Tesla model 3

4. Likes fly07sti, SNP209, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new Electric Rocket!

6. Likes mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. Does the model 3 come in different performance packages?

8. Likes mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Congrats. Does the model 3 come in different performance packages?
    Thanks! It does. Base model, extended range and performance model. This thing is a blast. I’ve never been in something this violently fast before. I’ve been in some fast cars, ZR1, Supra, supercharged 350Z, this thing would beat all of those on the line I believe. If you ever get the opportunity, take one for a spin. It won’t replace my gas vehicles but I’ll for sure enjoy it while gas is so stupid expensive.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    Thanks! It does. Base model, extended range and performance model. This thing is a blast. I’ve never been in something this violently fast before. I’ve been in some fast cars, ZR1, Supra, supercharged 350Z, this thing would beat all of those on the line I believe. If you ever get the opportunity, take one for a spin. It won’t replace my gas vehicles but I’ll for sure enjoy it while gas is so stupid expensive.

If you want to experience something violently fast drive an s or x plaid. 1000 hp on tap is no joke!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mattmann;1but I’ll for sure enjoy it while gas is so stupid expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Please dont tell me you spent $60k to "save money on gas"
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

13. Likes mattmann, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Please dont tell me you spent $60k to "save money on gas"
    I spent 60k because my wife loves Tesla as do I and she wanted one for a few years so we saved, paid our other vehicles off and bought one. “Saving gas” is icing on the cake. We drive our kids to school 40 miles each way. It will DEFINITELY save gas and based on what we have been paying for her expedition, more than pay the small note left on this. I don’t understand why EV’s are so controversial. I have an expedition, 2015 5.0 f150, 06 F350, 94 F150 and a big block bronco…..being “green” is so far from what we are it’s not funny but an awesome car is an awesome car. Never needing to stop for gas that’s $4.49 a gallon is a huge plus. With my 220V wall charger it will cost approx $40 a month to keep charged. It’s this VS about $800 a month in gas for her expedition.

Do I think I’m “saving the world”? Nope.

Do we have an awesome car that doesn’t use gas as a “fun car”?? Yes.

So the short answer is, I didn’t buy it for gas savings but I’ll happily take advantage of it!

15. Likes Rsurfer, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post

I work for a Ford dealer, and we got our first F-150 Lightnings in about 2 weeks ago.

I took the first one out of transport mode, drove to the back of the lot, and punched it. My God! I couldn't believe it. Had to do it a couple more times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.....

"Stupid fast" is an understatement.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

17. Likes dgage, mattmann, Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I work for a Ford dealer, and we got our first F-150 Lightnings in about 2 weeks ago.

I took the first one out of transport mode, drove to the back of the lot, and punched it. My God! I couldn't believe it. Had to do it a couple more times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.....

"Stupid fast" is an understatement.
    Yeah they are insane! This car is about a second faster in the 0-60 and the 1/4 mile time. It will make you physically sick how it launches lol

19. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast