autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 57 of 142 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Serviced mine yesterday, ready for mowing this morning. I went to Bunnings, they had the oil, but no air filters or spark plugs and I wasn't going hunting for them. So I changed the oil, blew out the air filter, and cleaned and reset the gap on the spark plug.

It revved weird for about 10 seconds when I first started it, surging a little bit, but then ran strong for both the front and back lawns.

I didn't wrap any tape on the handle bars, but I do wear gloves sometimes.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually had time to drive the Mustang this week, which means only one thing.............

These TRC Wheel Mitts are absolutely brilliant. I'm convinced now, you need these in your arsenal.

Soap of choice today was Optimum Car Shampoo. This is a sleeper in the industry, and while it won't quite match Reset or GSF, it still supremely slick and manages to blanket the car in clingy sudds. I always return to this soap and wonder why I don't use it more.

Finishing up the wash process with some Hydes on the rotors. The trick with this stuff is to be generous!

Goodness knows what is causing these beads, probably Bead Maker.

After finishing the Mustang, I directed my attention to the Ranger. Somehow, somewhere it managed to pickup some paint overspray since the last wash. I noticed it on Saturday after work, with a splattering of white paint on the left hand side of the black grill insert. All I can think of is that it's most likely line marking paint.

Now, white paint overspray on a white car is very hard to see, so the fact it was on the black plastic grill alerted to me to the problem sooner. On the plastic, I used some mid-strength Green Star and a towel, with some medium pressure it came off pretty easily.

For the paint, focused on the surrounding bumper and leading edge of the hood. I went through my usual wash process, selecting Reset for a little added ability. I then grabbed a clay mitt, using the Reset and a little Megs Final Inspection to go over these areas.

The areas treated with the clay mitt took a bit of hit in terms of the protection, so I topped it back off with some NV Boost.

Crises averted!

Thankfully, I got my detailing fix before the huge thunderstorm that swept through as I'm typing this.

4. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, dgage, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Deyon i can see the rain sweeping through, Have you seen Bowdens own rinseless wash? I bought a gallon of Megs hyper dressing for $135 that's minus shipping bloody liquid gold.

6. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Yeah Deyon i can see the rain sweeping through, Have you seen Bowdens own rinseless wash? I bought a gallon of Megs hyper dressing for $135 that's minus shipping bloody liquid gold.
    I spotted Bowden's Dry Spell yesterday and have a bottle on the way, I'm excited to see how it performs.

As I'm sure you know, anything with a Meguiar's label on it in Australia is grossly overpriced. Where Meguiar's in the US is about value, once landed here the pricing puts the products in line with premium brands. This seems to be particular to Meguiar's as similar product from P&S are notably cheaper.

For example, Meguiar's Hyper Wash retails for $88 a gallon, while P&S Pearl is $51.95 for the same size.

Meguiar's D101 APC in gallon size retails for $67 and the equivalent P&S APC sits at $41.95.

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate costs $88 a gallon compared to P&S True Vue at $64.95.

Meguiar's Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner sits at $64.99 per gallon retail compared to P&S Brake Buster at $49.95

Meguiar's Last Touch gallon retails at $87 compared to P&S Paint Gloss that sits at $58.95 per gallon.

So, I don't really know why Meguiar's price themselves out of the market in Australia when a key US-made competitor is significantly cheaper across the board. The above comparisons are based on the Detailer line, the same happens for the RTU/Consumer based lines as well.

8. Likes Tasmania, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is now RAINING and i know my mum's at singing dam you road wash/traffic film
    Better be clean rain or else i will run outside naked again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I spotted Bowden's Dry Spell yesterday and have a bottle on the way, I'm excited to see how it performs.

As I'm sure you know, anything with a Meguiar's label on it in Australia is grossly overpriced. Where Meguiar's in the US is about value, once landed here the pricing puts the products in line with premium brands. This seems to be particular to Meguiar's as similar product from P&S are notably cheaper.

For example, Meguiar's Hyper Wash retails for $88 a gallon, while P&S Pearl is $51.95 for the same size.

Meguiar's D101 APC in gallon size retails for $67 and the equivalent P&S APC sits at $41.95.

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate costs $88 a gallon compared to P&S True Vue at $64.95.

Meguiar's Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner sits at $64.99 per gallon retail compared to P&S Brake Buster at $49.95

Meguiar's Last Touch gallon retails at $87 compared to P&S Paint Gloss that sits at $58.95 per gallon.

So, I don't really know why Meguiar's price themselves out of the market in Australia when a key US-made competitor is significantly cheaper across the board. The above comparisons are based on the Detailer line, the same happens for the RTU/Consumer based lines as well.
    Sit rep on the BO DS please when available

Post Thanks / Like

Deyon...I've got a new topper for you to try and it's TWHS Pure ShineDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Deyon...I've got a new topper for you to try and it's TWHS Pure ShineDFB's Garage
    “Weekly Topper Reviews by Klasse Act” It would be popular.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    “Weekly Topper Reviews by Klasse Act” It would be popular.
    I'd have to have a YouTube channel, I have a face for podcasting...and opinions to match, as you knowDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have same mitts from Clean Garage and now use one per wheel. I still need my small detail brush from Work stuff to get the tight spots and corners.

Everyone who washes wheels should have these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 57 of 142 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast