autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

You under estimate yourself you got this Deyon! Next you will be doing a full service
    If you can do it on the lawnmowers then i think you can do it on the car's.

What's the situation report on mice?

2. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The last seven days have been busy. You know how it is, when you have more things to do than you have time for. Luckily, I'm a list maker, and unlike my father, I actually cross things out on those lists. As such, I managed to cross out enough things to earn my therapy session today, almost like a metaphoric sigh of relief.

It was Blue's turn this week. Today, I wanted to capture my process for well (over?) maintained wheels. What I mean by that is wheels that don't need to hammered to get them clean.

These wheels never seem to get dirty, the brake pads on these are mostly dust free in comparison to the Brembo's on the Mustang and XR8. In the bucket today is some left over Gyeon Bathe in addition to a microfiber brush, large EZ-Detail brush, Lug brush, lambskin finger mitt and a tire brush.

First off, a pressure clean, paying particular attention to the tyres. I'm using the short gun here with a 25 degree tip.

Next, I use Brake Buster at full strength, spraying some on the rubber and a few onto the brush.

After washing away the Brake Buster, I foam the wheels and inner arche with some soap, in the cannon today the wonderful Carpro Reset.

I then take the lug brush and clean the lugs and center cap. If I can get access, I will do the brake caliper too.

Next, I use the microfiber brush to clean the wheel barrels.

Then I clean the wheel face and the back of the spokes with the lambskin mitt.

The EZ-Detail Brush is then used to clean the inner arche.

The wheel and arche are then rinsed clean.

I don't do this at every wash, perhaps every second or third, I apply a spray and rinse sealant to the wheels and inner arches. Today it was Gyeon Wet Coat.

Then some Hydes on the rotors.

Not pictured, I will clean the exhaust tips at the same time, using the same products and tools.

That process will alter slightly depending on the products or tools I choose to use, but the order is generally always the same.

After drying the car, using Bead Maker as the drying aid, I tended to my usual tasks - glass, interior wipe/vac and engine bay wipe down. Today I also polished the exhaust tip with Carpro Metallicut and coated it with Dr. Beasley's Metal Coat.

Returning to the wheels and tires, I have mentioned before that these Michelin Pilot Sport 3's are very resistant to tire cleaning, even with very aggressive tire cleaners and scrubbing. I wanted these stripped bare so broke out the Tarminator, and boom, job done!

Tarminator is very harsh, it's best applied to a towel rather than the surface to be cleaned, then scrubbed aggressively. You will ruin a towel doing this task, so choose wisely.

My dressing of choice was Koch Chemie PSS -

Really impressed with this dressing, once cured it's dry to touch.

It felt really satisfying to have cleared all of the week's hurdles and just let go this afternoon.

4. Likes Tasmania, SNP209, dgage, Azure, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    You under estimate yourself you got this Deyon! Next you will be doing a full service
    If you can do it on the lawnmowers then i think you can do it on the car's.

What's the situation report on mice?
    The progression to doing more mechanical work on my own cars would be a very financially dangerous path to tread. I just know it would lead me to wanting a lift/hoist. And when I get something my head, I WANT IT RIGHT THEN AND THERE!

Mice seem to have been eliminated, thankfully.

6. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, SNP209, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whould 100% ipa work the same as Tarminator?

Post Thanks / Like

Whould 100% ipa work the same as Tarminator?
    Not sure to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Not sure to be honest.
    I have wax & grease remover in a spray can i do have Tarminator also but want to keep that for tar/sap

Post Thanks / Like

Two large boxes arrived on Friday...................

I have decided to take this Wednesday off to deal with this, essentially giving me a "weekend" (my "weekend" is actually just one day, a Tuesday.). Having the extra day should give me time to do it at my own pace rather than having to feel rushed to fit it all in. Although I didn't tell him why I wanted a day off, the boss didn't sound too positive when I requested a personal day. It seems 115 hours of unpaid overtime and nearly 400 hours of annual leave owing means nothing. Well, it does mean something, he will have to work harder because I'm not there for ONE day.

As for what's in the box? It's something I already have but wanted to add.

Post Thanks / Like

Two large boxes arrived on Friday...................

I have decided to take this Wednesday off to deal with this, essentially giving me a "weekend" (my "weekend" is actually just one day, a Tuesday.). Having the extra day should give me time to do it at my own pace rather than having to feel rushed to fit it all in. Although I didn't tell him why I wanted a day off, the boss didn't sound too positive when I requested a personal day. It seems 115 hours of unpaid overtime and nearly 400 hours of annual leave owing means nothing. Well, it does mean something, he will have to work harder because I'm not there for ONE day.

As for what's in the box? It's something I already have but wanted to add.
    Heavy Duty Sex Swing.......

12. Likes mattmann, dgage, Big Dave, PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heavy Duty Sex Swing.......
    No not this time, although I have just placed an order for one..............

14. Likes Tasmania, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No not this time, although I have just placed an order for one..............
    Yeah go for the soft leather, i ordered the hard leather and have been getting a rash

16. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast