autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm never going to live this down but.............................

This was a birthday gift last year. I don't drink so this is only used for keeping water chilled for the summer months. Sadly, the garage is not insulated or climate controlled so it gets very hot in summer.
    That's excellent!!! I would certainly welcome a Ford Fridge (future SUV name lol) in my garage!

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm never going to live this down but.............................

This was a birthday gift last year. I don't drink so this is only used for keeping water chilled for the summer months. Sadly, the garage is not insulated or climate controlled so it gets very hot in summer.
    I think I’m seeing a little Ford OCDDFB's Garage

I kid. If that were my stable I would 100% have that fridge. I don’t drink much anymore but would have a little something for everyone.

DFB I really want to like you but the more I see that garage……. Again just garage envy. Nice job on all the upgrades you seem like a good man and you absolutely deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DFB, Azure, dgage, SWETM, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the of the allures of detailing for me is chasing new products to try. Do I need 12 different soaps, 9 tire dressings or 10 drying aids to choose from? Absolutely not! Do I want them, absolutely yes!

There is something so exciting about trying a new product for the first time, wondering if it will live up to expectations and whether it will become something I will continue to use. Sometimes, a product will turn out to be a dud, others it will become a new favorite. I'm at the point now where I can know pretty much straight away if a product will be something I will be using over and over again.

As such, I have a regular stream of deliveries. This weeks haul............

This is actually two orders, with a couple of items on backorder holding the first one up. I'm still waiting for those items to arrive in stock, both of which I'm looking forward to using.

Koch Chemie Motorplast has been on my hitlist for a while but it had been out of stock across all Australian distributors for months. When it arrived back in stock, it didn't last long. This product is similar in concept to Meguiar's Hyper dressing, in that it can be applied to a wet engine bay and left to self level. It smells pretty good too.

Optimum Car Wax has also been on the hit list, mainly just out of curiosity. As a standalone, it can last 6 months. I will perhaps be using it as a drying aid.

The Rag Company VLB is another take on a leather cleaning brush. This will only be used on customer cars.

I have wanted a tool belt for some time, this should come in handy for improving efficiency when I do customer cars.

The towels are for glass, medium The Rag Company Dry-Me-A-River JR.

And the gloves get used for both detailing and gardening/nursery work. I hate wet, dirty hands in winter so these nitrile gloves always come in handy.

I also added another foam cannon into the mix. I looked at a few different ones but decided to stay with the MTM PF22.

PF22.2's retail for $160 in Australia, but I found one listed at $119 through one of my suppliers. The product listing had the older design pictured. I thought the earlier PF22 was discontinued at least 3 years ago now. On one hand, I though this might have been an outdated product listing, on the other, at $119 it was a significant saving. I rolled the dice and............

The only difference between PF22 and PF22.2 is the bottle design, the actual cannon itself is identical. The key reason why the bottle was re-designed was due to how unstable the old one was, you will note I had to fill this one up to stage the photo.

I'm not particularly worried about it being a PF22 as I already have three spare 22.2 bottles in stock. What I am annoyed about is the fact the item was packaged in a plain carboard box. Instead, the "new" one was simply wrapped in bubble wrap and did not come with the spare orifice. All I can think of is that perhaps these were ex-display items? At a $40 discount, I guess that is acceptable. Either way, the product description probably should have had this noted.

I'm also annoyed at the cheap, un-precise 1/4 inch fitting they supplied with the foam cannon. It just doesn't "snick" into place as well as it should. I will get a better quality MTM replacement at some stage.

My older MTM PF22.2 will be re-purposed to foam Brake Buster with. I have tried the pump action sprayer thing for Brake Buster and soap, but it wasn't for me. The new PF22 will be fitted with the newer design bottle and become my maintenance wash foam cannon. The older tall bottled foam cannon will remain for use with decon soaps, its very different design will prevent accidental application.

6. Likes SWETM, Tasmania, Klasse Act, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the of the allures of detailing for me is chasing new products to try. Do I need 12 different soaps, 9 tire dressings or 10 drying aids to choose from? Absolutely not! Do I want them, absolutely yes!

There is something so exciting about trying a new product for the first time, wondering if it will live up to expectations and whether it will become something I will continue to use. Sometimes, a product will turn out to be a dud, others it will become a new favorite. I'm at the point now where I can know pretty much straight away if a product will be something I will be using over and over again.

As such, I have a regular stream of deliveries. This weeks haul............

This is actually two orders, with a couple of items on backorder holding the first one up. I'm still waiting for those items to arrive in stock, both of which I'm looking forward to using.

Koch Chemie Motorplast has been on my hitlist for a while but it had been out of stock across all Australian distributors for months. When it arrived back in stock, it didn't last long. This product is similar in concept to Meguiar's Hyper dressing, in that it can be applied to a wet engine bay and left to self level. It smells pretty good too.

Optimum Car Wax has also been on the hit list, mainly just out of curiosity. As a standalone, it can last 6 months. I will perhaps be using it as a drying aid.

The Rag Company VLB is another take on a leather cleaning brush. This will only be used on customer cars.

I have wanted a tool belt for some time, this should come in handy for improving efficiency when I do customer cars.

The towels are for glass, medium The Rag Company Dry-Me-A-River JR.

And the gloves get used for both detailing and gardening/nursery work. I hate wet, dirty hands in winter so these nitrile gloves always come in handy.

I also added another foam cannon into the mix. I looked at a few different ones but decided to stay with the MTM PF22.

PF22.2's retail for $160 in Australia, but I found one listed at $119 through one of my suppliers. The product listing had the older design pictured. I thought the earlier PF22 was discontinued at least 3 years ago now. On one hand, I though this might have been an outdated product listing, on the other, at $119 it was a significant saving. I rolled the dice and............

The only difference between PF22 and PF22.2 is the bottle design, the actual cannon itself is identical. The key reason why the bottle was re-designed was due to how unstable the old one was, you will note I had to fill this one up to stage the photo.

I'm not particularly worried about it being a PF22 as I already have three spare 22.2 bottles in stock. What I am annoyed about is the fact the item was packaged in a plain carboard box. Instead, the "new" one was simply wrapped in bubble wrap and did not come with the spare orifice. All I can think of is that perhaps these were ex-display items? At a $40 discount, I guess that is acceptable. Either way, the product description probably should have had this noted.

I'm also annoyed at the cheap, un-precise 1/4 inch fitting they supplied with the foam cannon. It just doesn't "snick" into place as well as it should. I will get a better quality MTM replacement at some stage.

My older MTM PF22.2 will be re-purposed to foam Brake Buster with. I have tried the pump action sprayer thing for Brake Buster and soap, but it wasn't for me. The new PF22 will be fitted with the newer design bottle and become my maintenance wash foam cannon. The older tall bottled foam cannon will remain for use with decon soaps, its very different design will prevent accidental application.
    Saw some of the new gear on another Forum Sit Rep on the Koch Chemie Motorplast

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll help you with your addiction Deyon...Bilt-Hamber products DFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'll help you with your addiction Deyon...Bilt-Hamber products DFB's GarageDFB's Garage

I would really like to give a few Bilt-Hamber products a try. There are only two outlets for this brand in Australia and they only offer a limited range. I think once the word spreads more about these products, more supplier will jump on board.

Another brand that reminded me of you is Feynlab, which is just now offered by my favorite supplier here. Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

I would really like to give a few Bilt-Hamber products a try. There are only two outlets for this brand in Australia and they only offer a limited range. I think once the word spreads more about these products, more supplier will jump on board.

Another brand that reminded me of you is Feynlab, which is just now offered by my favorite supplier here. Any recommendations?
    Well for Bilt-Hamber your going to want to try Touchless or Auto-foam, both strong pre-wash soaps, 12 and 13 respectively. The Touchless is a sugar-based product and the newer offering. Their AutoWash is on par with Reset for contact wash needs but is even more concentrated. One ounce of AutoWash gave me more suds than I needed with 3.5 gallons of water and it's a pure wash as well.

Feynlab I've tried 2 products, their RW and their tire coating. The RW can also be used a WW but this product is very strong, infact makes a great strip product when looking to put down a new product. Now I say this and you might be put off but when following the directions it's not going to strip your products when doing a regular WW or RW.

Their tire costing is ok but tire coatings but this always a tricky area in the detailing world. IMO it's worth a look and at the very least would make for a great foundation, then top it as WE doDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Looking forward to your thoughts if you take me up on my recommendations here DeyonDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You sir seem to have a problem. When you figure out how to get help with your product addiction, can you let me know so I can get proper help as well?

15. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    You sir seem to have a problem. When you figure out how to get help with your product addiction, can you let me know so I can get proper help as well?
    Then the market will have NEW products...and the cycle continuesDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

17. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Then the market will have NEW products...and the cycle continuesDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Check out Garage Therapy products from the UK

19. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast