autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,358 of 1358

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Picked up a quick release chuck for my Milwaukee inflator. These just screw onto the OEM threaded chuck and prevent losing too much air when removing from the valve stem.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B09TKMP...t_details&th=1

Much better now.......................

I remember using similar connections on the air hose at the servo, you always had to hold them on because they were so worn out, it was rare that they would hold on all by themselves. I'm sure yours will last many years, because you won't abuse yours.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have the exact one on mine and love it!

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I remember using similar connections on the air hose at the servo, you always had to hold them on because they were so worn out, it was rare that they would hold on all by themselves. I'm sure yours will last many years, because you won't abuse yours.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    You can only imagine the idiots attempting use those things, so not surprised they would flog out.

6. Likes Big Dave, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Autumn, my favorite season. Sunny days, not too hot, not too cold..............perfect for pottering about. And so, having the last two days off has been a fantastic recharge.

Yesterday, I serviced a work colleague's lawn mower. She pays to cover the parts and I throw in the labor for free. Nothing overly complicated, it's only a few years old, but I changed out the oil for fresh Penrite 10W-30, a new air filter and spark plug. I then gave the unit a clean with Shine Supply Wise Guy, applied Hydr02 to the deck and a little P&S Shape Up dressing for the plastics. It was then returned, ready for work again.

Interesting to note the design of the airbox on these newer Brigg's engines lets in a lot of dust and debris. Where the oil-soaked foam filters on the old side-valve engines didn't allow any foreign material to enter the filter case, the new OHV engines have two entry points for grass and dust to enter the housing. This makes it vital to check, clean or replace the paper cartridge and foam pre-filters often.

After that and running around town for this and that, I zoned out for a few hours and settled into my happy place by washing the Mustang. I typically use soap for the wheels, but I decided to use Brake Buster from my foam cannon to get a deeper clean than usual.

Soap of choice was Koch Chemie GSF, followed by a blow down with the EGO and OG Drying Aid. With the cooler weather, I decided to tackle the inside of the rear windshield by folding myself into the back seat, using the Stoner Reach & Clean Tool to get right down to the base of the screen. The wheels got a wipe down with NV Boost v1 and the tyres re-coated with OG Tire Dressing.

Today, I made sure I had nowhere to go other than out into the garage. Again, it was on with the headphones to help me zone out, the delightful Table Manners podcast playing in my ear. After running them through the washing machine yesterday, the first job today was to refit the Ranger's waterproof seat covers. Actually, while they were out of the car, I cleaned under the seats and the headboard with Griot's Interior Cleaner, the rest of the interior with InnerQD.

For the exterior, again I used foamed Brake Buster for the wheels, then P&S Radiance for the wash. Drying Aid an old favorite, Meguiar's Last Touch, then the tires got another coat of OG TD and the wheels wiped over with Boost v1.

While it wasn't all that bad, it was then the Jaguar's turn. Foamed Brake Buster again for the wheels and tyres, soap of choice being Shine Supply Shift, and OG Drying getting another run. The wheels this time wiped with ECH20, tyres dressed with Opti-coat Tire Gel.

Finishing up the bliss, I mixed up a fresh batch of ECH20 at 15:1 and topped off various spray bottles, something I find very therapeutic for some reason.

Back to work tomorrow........................

8. Likes Big Dave, Prange, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, what do you think of RadianceDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Deyon, what do you think of RadianceDFB's Garage

I like it waaaay more than I expected! I'm not the biggest fan of soaps with a wax or sealant in them, but the first time I used Radiance I was very impressed with the gloss and slickness it left behind. So far, I've only used it on the Ranger, which is coated with Gyeon Pure EVO, the two play well together.

Yes, the foam is on the runny side and the scent a bit meh, but overall, I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I like it waaaay more than I expected! I'm not the biggest fan of soaps with a wax or sealant in them, but the first time I used Radiance I was very impressed with the gloss and slickness it left behind. So far, I've only used it on the Ranger, which is coated with Gyeon Pure EVO, the two play well together.

Yes, the foam is on the runny side and the scent a bit meh, but overall, I really like it.
    I haven't used it in the bucket yet, in my IK Foam Pro 12 I used 4 oz/1 gallon and thought it was ok, so maybe it's better in the bucket DFB's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I haven't used it in the bucket yet, in my IK Foam Pro 12 I used 4 oz/1 gallon and thought it was ok, so maybe it's better in the bucket DFB's Garage

I'm a bit different in that I don't two-bucket wash. I use the foam cannon to apply soap to the car directly, then use one single "rinse" bucket. Actually, I dump the remains of the foam cannon into the bucket, along with a little soap directly onto the wash media.

I think I know what you mean by "it was ok", Radiance is not a benchmark soap. It's a fine maintenance soap and is decently slick, but I have doubts about its ultimate cleaning ability. The scent is straight out of 1985, and the runny foam consistency is common to this sort of soap and P&S in general. Combined, it makes for an "ok" soap, but not a standout.

From my perspective, I did notice increased slickness and gloss to the paint after using Radiance, which helps redeem itself.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136