autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 59 of 142 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I actually had time to drive the Mustang this week, which means only one thing.............

These TRC Wheel Mitts are absolutely brilliant. I'm convinced now, you need these in your arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I have same mitts from Clean Garage and now use one per wheel. I still need my small detail brush from Work stuff to get the tight spots and corners.

Everyone who washes wheels should have these.
    Agreed on the wheel mitts. I have the minty version as well. I think I have 4 but will probably pick up more if they have them on sale again. It looks like they're sold under the Speed Master brand as well.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    One notion to throw out there as someone who's dealt with the aftermath of washer systems turned petri dishes, you might want to stick with distilled water to cut down the likelihood of stuff growing in the water. I trust the 914 to soften it, but not cut down the long term funk that could grow in that environment.

Living in a state that has freezing temperatures, we most often see it on cars that come up from down south - I'm told it's not unheard of that folks will just fill their reservoirs with water since they don't have to worry about them turning into an ice block.

I ran into this with my spray bottle of soapy water I use at work for checking for leaking tires/air suspension. Loaded with dish soap and tap water, my tolco sprayer quit working. Found out it was all gelled up from... junk. Switch to mixing it with distilled water years ago and haven't had the problem since.
    I was just gonna post about the freezing temps lol. I agree about the distilled water. Every other year, I'll flush my washer system with some distilled water so I don't have any issues with the anti-freezing stuff I put ion mine. I think the brand is Rain-X. I've heard some have had gunk issues with those too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I was just gonna post about the freezing temps lol. I agree about the distilled water. Every other year, I'll flush my washer system with some distilled water so I don't have any issues with the anti-freezing stuff I put ion mine. I think the brand is Rain-X. I've heard some have had gunk issues with those too.
    Be careful with the Rain-X washer fluid - I've had multiple cars where it junks up the level sensor so you get false low washer fluid warnings. BMW has a tech bulletin about it and I think a chemical to use to flush the stuff out of the system. Can't remember the specifics of the bulletin, been a while.

5. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Be careful with the Rain-X washer fluid - I've had multiple cars where it junks up the level sensor so you get false low washer fluid warnings. BMW has a tech bulletin about it and I think a chemical to use to flush the stuff out of the system. Can't remember the specifics of the bulletin, been a while.
    Years back I had it etch the hood where it dried on one of my cars, admittedly that car had bad paint, not one of Holden's best efforts.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

RainX has a bad reputation for sureDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hay Deyon that gallon of Meguiars hyper dressing was a fizz with the company getting back to 9 day's later saying Megs is dropping it from their line up?

Have you heard any info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Hay Deyon that gallon of Meguiars hyper dressing was a fizz with the company getting back to 9 day's later saying Megs is dropping it from their line up?

Have you heard any info.
    I have heard conflicting stories about Hyper Dressing, although most are now saying that it's done. Very sad as it's one of their best products.

I stocked up on the RTU version sold at Repco, although it appears to be now on clearance too. The RTU is pre-diluted at 1:1, which you would need to further dilute for engine bays.

I have also been trying some of P&S's water-based dressings, Shape Up is very similar, as is Dynamic.

12. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard conflicting stories about Hyper Dressing, although most are now saying that it's done. Very sad as it's one of their best products.

I stocked up on the RTU version sold at Repco, although it appears to be now on clearance too. The RTU is pre-diluted at 1:1, which you would need to further dilute for engine bays.

I have also been trying some of P&S's water-based dressings, Shape Up is very similar, as is Dynamic.

Cheers Legend

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a shame

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? My buddy will be pisssed as he loves that stuff lol wonder why they would get rid of a product ppl love

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

18. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 59 of 142 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast