autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlindyman View Post
    I use it; good product, easy to use, that bottle will last you forever.

Currently trying their coating on a new set of contis. I like it but application was more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had a poor experience with Optimum tire coating, turned the tires a tan/gold color and what's worse I bought the big bottle. That said, good luck to you, maybe I got a bad batch DFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is my latest to try.

Optimum have three different tire products. 'Tire Shine' is a wet-look product that doesn't really interest me, same for their 'Tire Coating & Protectant' which is a long term product with a 6 month durability claim. The way I like to play around with tire dressings makes that product redundant for me. The water-based Opti-Bond Gel is more up my alley, although it's said to be a high gloss product, so I'm keen to see what it looks like.
    You forgot something in your order with Opti-Bond.

Optimum Spray Gun works with your air compressor to apply even coats of Opti-Bond Tire Gel, Optimum coverage using optimum air gun

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda interesting! Does that really work?

Post Thanks / Like

I used CarPro Descale this past weekend on my daily beater. I really like it! I used it in my foam canon and followed with a bucket wash. You don't have to use a bunch of it and it really flattens out the water run-off. It stripped what wax I had easily. I'm so used to using a drying aid that it was a bit of a pain to dry lol. I wiped it down with Eraser and applied Optimum Car Wax, so it's good for the summer months.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlindyman View Post
    I use it; good product, easy to use, that bottle will last you forever.

Currently trying their coating on a new set of contis. I like it but application was more difficult.

Do you find the finish glossy like the product description states?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I used CarPro Descale this past weekend on my daily beater. I really like it! I used it in my foam canon and followed with a bucket wash. You don't have to use a bunch of it and it really flattens out the water run-off. It stripped what wax I had easily. I'm so used to using a drying aid that it was a bit of a pain to dry lol. I wiped it down with Eraser and applied Optimum Car Wax, so it's good for the summer months.
    Descale is brilliant, it's one of those products that I just knew was a winner the second I fired it out of the cannon.

9. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've had a poor experience with Optimum tire coating, turned the tires a tan/gold color and what's worse I bought the big bottle. That said, good luck to you, maybe I got a bad batch DFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I really believe it was due to not cleaning the tire well enough. BB didn’t cut it for me had to use 303 and TufShine tire cleaners. Cleaned deep with a drill brush 4-5 time that was clean enough.

With the amount of tire products you use I’m sure you needed to clean deeper.

2 things though. I don’t think tire coatings are best for low profile tires. The side wall gets a little scuffed near tread. Doesn’t look so bad in short tire but doesn’t look so goo on short sidewall.

Second is benefit to coating is longevity. You apply stuff to your tires regularly…

Post Thanks / Like

Descale is brilliant, it's one of those products that I just knew was a winner the second I fired it out of the cannon.
    Yeah I find it weird that it’s not offered in gallons yet. Also that AG doesn’t carry the 32oz bottle.

12. Likes DFB, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah I find it weird that it’s not offered in gallons yet. Also that AG doesn’t carry the 32oz bottle.

Looking at the Carpro global website, it seems Descale is available in 50ml, 500ml, 1 Liter and 4 Liter bottle sizes.

The Australian distributor of Carpro only imports the 500ml version though. I suppose this product is aimed as a specialty maintenance product, not an every-time type of soap. As such, I guess offering the one small size is considered enough for most markets. Only reason you would want or need the larger sizes would be if you were a professional detailer needing to use it more than the average consumer.

14. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the Carpro global website, it seems Descale is available in 50ml, 500ml, 1 Liter and 4 Liter bottle sizes.

The Australian distributor of Carpro only imports the 500ml version though. I suppose this product is aimed as a specialty maintenance product, not an every-time type of soap. As such, I guess offering the one small size is considered enough for most markets. Only reason you would want or need the larger sizes would be if you were a professional detailer needing to use it more than the average consumer.
    I would get the gallon if available. Would last for years but soaps have a longer shelf life. I don’t need to personally try the latest and greatest so if it works I stock up.

Plus I would use every 2 months to strip coating topper to apply new. Most likely the 32oz bottle makes sense but maintaining 2 cars plus random ones here and there it would last less than a year.

16. Likes DFB, SameGuy liked this post
Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast