autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 29 of 136 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Maybe something like an AR613? They're $700-800.
    The new 675 is $699 most places 2000psi and 1.8GPM. Looks like a nice complete piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes MisterSnoop, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Maybe something like an AR613? They're $700-800.
    Yeah thats what i was looking at. Kranzels are atleast almost double in price

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Good news! I actually managed to drive one of them this week! The Mustang is approaching a milestone, although it will probably take me another 10 months to crack 10,000km!

Finally, we are getting a stretch of nice weather, no 4 seasons in one day kind of stuff for the last seven days. I mention the weather a lot in this thread because so much of what I do is dictated by what is happening outside. Working outdoors, the weather controls your movements a lot, be that rain, freezing cold frosty mornings, stinking hot summer heat or even wind. So when the weather is just right, it's the best thing in the world to be working outdoors.

That includes detailing work.

The Mustang is my favorite car to wash, so any chance to do so is always anticipated. I used up the last of a bottle of Adams Tire & Rubber Cleaner on the tires, GSF for the wheels. The rest of the exterior had a bath in GSF before being dried with the OG Drying Aid, door jambs and engine bay included. The interior was wiped over with InnerQD, glass with Carpro Clarify and I also gave the seats, steering wheel and door trims I wipe over with NV Nourish. The wheels wiped over with NV Boost v1 and the tyres treated with OG Tire Dressing.

With the Mustang covered back up, I decided to try out Adams Ultra Foam on the Ranger.

I rarely add soap to the bucket directly, although I occasionally empty the remains of the foam cannon into the rinse bucket. I do however apply soap to the wash pad. Considering I wash with foam on the car, this step is probably overkill, but I have the product and it's there to be used.

Ultra Foam is a thicker soap, so care must be taken to mix it well with the water in the foam cannon. The foam is somewhat thinner in consistency though, not the ultra-thick stuff Mega Foam produces. Ultra Foam rinses brilliantly though, not reactivating like some can, and the scent is of the berry variety.

The Ranger wasn't all that dirty this week, so it cleaned up pretty quickly. I used NV Boost v2 as the drying, Carpro ECH20 on the tray and door jambs, glass was via Stoners Invisible Glass. Tyres dressed with Carpro Perl.

I also spent some time reorganizing my chemical cabinets. I hate doing this, but I bit the bullet and threw out the better part of a gallon of Meguiars Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, including a 500ml of the stuff I had in a Kwazar sprayer.

I bought this stuff when I started doing more paid details during the Covid peaks as a more "economical" solution to leather care. I tried it a few times but I just did not like it. I hated the scent, I hated the application, I hated the greasy finish it left, and I hated the slipperiness it created. It offers little to no cleaning ability and in my opinion, made leather look worse than it did pre-treatment.

My take on Megs Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is that its an express product for full-time detailers, designed to offer the most noticeable difference after application to impress customers. In reality, all it does is cover up the dirt rather than removing it, imparting a glossy sheen to disguise what is still underneath it.

I hate waste and I hate throwing stuff away that cost me good money. But the gallon bottle was taking up room in my surplus cabinet, room I can't justify for a product that is not being used.

5. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, opie, Tasmania, Azure, Klasse Act and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Comet a few years back. I wanted to mount mine pressure washer to a rolling cart since where I wash is further away and lugging everything out was a pain. The Comet had everything I needed to accomplish this. I almost bought the Kranzle model that OG sells for wall mounting and mount that to the cart, but I chickened out lol. So far, the Comet has been great. At some point, I'll buy a new hose and reel and mount that to the cart when I'm ready to upgrade.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Job one today was an oil change on the Kranzle.

I have detailed this process before, this is technically the third oil change on this unit. The first oil change was with Penrite 15/40 motor oil, which I swapped out a few weeks later when I managed to track down the OE Kranzle Gear Oil. The general recommendation is swap it out at least once a year.

When the original oil was dumped, it was somewhat grey in colour. The oil coming out today was still nice and golden in colour, a nice sign in my opinion. This Kranzle oil is very much like diff oil in consistency and smell.

My plans for a casual wash and general tinker got thrown out the window when Dad came and borrowed my Ranger again today. Instead of washing mine, I decided to wash his Wildtrack instead. The usual 3-hour detail, inside and out.

A couple of highlights this week included getting a chance to use my new large door jamb towels, The Rag Company Dry Me A River Large 50x100cm.

These replace some VERY well used Waffle Weave drying towels that I have had for probably 15 years now, these being my first step away from those horrible Meguiar's Synthetic Chamois. These had been gradually demoted over the years as newer towels became available and while they have aged very well, they had lost a lot of their absorbency and softness.

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing is my favorite product for a job I generally hate doing, wheel arch dressing. Simply mist on and walk away.

Today was not enough. I'm absolutely buggered, almost a walking zombie most of the time and no end in sight. I won't even benefit from the public holidays at Christmas or New Year. I hate this time of the year, the pressure leading up to Christmas makes me want to go and hide, pressure that doesn't get relieved like many other people get with holidays proceeding the day.

9. Likes opie, Azure, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an early birthday present to myself, the Rupes LHR15 Pneumatic.............

The Rupes brand is almost never directly on sale, so when Waxit had 20% off storewide last month for Black Friday, I bit the bullet and ordered one.

I know, I already have a 3-inch polisher, but I had been intrigued by this machine for a while now. Considering I now have my compressed air system set up for convenient use, I thought why not.

The red dial controls the top end speed of the machine, the paddle trigger is variable, allowing the user to control the speed of the machine on the fly. I love how light the unit is too.

Now I just have to find something to polish!

11. Likes Bosko, opie, Azure, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Job one today was an oil change on the Kranzle.

I have detailed this process before, this is technically the third oil change on this unit. The first oil change was with Penrite 15/40 motor oil, which I swapped out a few weeks later when I managed to track down the OE Kranzle Gear Oil. The general recommendation is swap it out at least once a year.

When the original oil was dumped, it was somewhat grey in colour. The oil coming out today was still nice and golden in colour, a nice sign in my opinion. This Kranzle oil is very much like diff oil in consistency and smell.

My plans for a casual wash and general tinker got thrown out the window when Dad came and borrowed my Ranger again today. Instead of washing mine, I decided to wash his Wildtrack instead. The usual 3-hour detail, inside and out.

A couple of highlights this week included getting a chance to use my new large door jamb towels, The Rag Company Dry Me A River Large 50x100cm.

These replace some VERY well used Waffle Weave drying towels that I have had for probably 15 years now, these being my first step away from those horrible Meguiar's Synthetic Chamois. These had been gradually demoted over the years as newer towels became available and while they have aged very well, they had lost a lot of their absorbency and softness.

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing is my favorite product for a job I generally hate doing, wheel arch dressing. Simply mist on and walk away.

Today was not enough. I'm absolutely buggered, almost a walking zombie most of the time and no end in sight. I won't even benefit from the public holidays at Christmas or New Year. I hate this time of the year, the pressure leading up to Christmas makes me want to go and hide, pressure that doesn't get relieved like many other people get with holidays proceeding the day.
    I find that when i use my HD on the VW arches i have to buff back some of the product
    Do i leave it longer? To level out

I'm the same with Christmas just want to hide in a cave from Dec-Mar to be honest

13. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I find that when i use my HD on the VW arches i have to buff back some of the product
    Do i leave it longer? To level out

I'm the same with Christmas just want to hide in a cave from Dec-Mar to be honest
    Normally, I will wipe the wheel arches over to level it off, but it can be left to self-level, which is what I did today.

Christmas is just a huge waste of time and money. BUY BUY BUY, then a day later, we are told to BUY BUY BUY for the boxing day sales.

15. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    It is a lot of "work", but it's not work at all because it makes me so happy.

Thanks for those kind words, they mean a lot. I don't know anyone personally here, but it's great comfort having friends all over the world who offer their hand of kindness through words on a screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The new 675 is $699 most places 2000psi and 1.8GPM. Looks like a nice complete piece.

I'm curious why the 675 or AR613? The AR 630 is only 70 more and 2.3 GPM @ 975 PSI. I have thought when I get a shop I would grab the 630. I'm just asking because I wanted to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I'm curious why the 675 or AR613? The AR 630 is only 70 more and 2.3 GPM @ 975 PSI. I have thought when I get a shop I would grab the 630. I'm just asking because I wanted to know.
    Works off of 15 amp instead of 20…. $60-100 cheaper. Newest model.

Page 29 of 136 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast