autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 24 of 142 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I had a bottle of Rag's to Riches that I used a couple of times (and liked it), but the darn thing solidified into a gel-like substance. I ended up tossing it and going back to Micro-Restore. Not sure what happened there, but I've been afraid to buy another bottle.
    That's very odd, I have been using R to R for a while now without that problem. Was it exposed to excessive heat or cold? Either way, it should not have done that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Its actually For The Windows in this case as their intended use is for glass and mirrors
    Thanks for that, not sure where I got my version from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    That's very odd, I have been using R to R for a while now without that problem. Was it exposed to excessive heat or cold? Either way, it should not have done that.
    I thought it was odd as well. I've always kept it (and Micro-restore) in our utility room. That temp range is ~65°F to ~80°F.

4. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a bottle of Rag's to Riches that I used a couple of times (and liked it), but the darn thing solidified into a gel-like substance. I ended up tossing it and going back to Micro-Restore. Not sure what happened there, but I've been afraid to buy another bottle.
    That was resolved per Dave Phillips of P&S.

6. Thanks DFB, Azure thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same happen. It was just toward the end of the bottle. Most of it was usable.

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what came out of my Rags to Riches. Pretty small amount relative to a gallon.

10. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    This is what came out of my Rags to Riches. Pretty small amount relative to a gallon.
    That's odd as hellDFB's Garage️I usually mix baking soda in with my towels for that "little extra" when using R2R & even 3D Towel KleenDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is much about my life as it is detailing and cars, so bear with me please............

Well, I survived the public hospital system, again.

If there is one good thing about being a Type 1 Diabetic, it's that you are always the priority patient and end up first of the list for the day. I could fast all day if I had to, but I don't say that of course. I like to get these things over and done with, I hate waiting, I have things to do!

I'm also very lucky to be first patient as, due to the floods, many nursing staff are stranded and can't come in, so they were short staffed. I was in and out in a few hours, I think there will be many still waiting to be seen now.

I also want to say that every single nurse I have ever been in the care of has been brilliant. Often, it's the nurses who do all the work, and they don't get the kudos they deserve. They are also always in a hurry, to get to the next patient, so I feel I never get the chance to thank them. I have so much respect for nurses, you are so appreciated and are doing Gods work.

Also, how bloody good is a general anesthetic?! I cannot remember what I was dreaming about, but I know it was good! That moment when you notice the room start to fade away is just bliss. That moment when the nurse calls your name and tells you to wake up is not! "Go away, I'm happy here" is what I want to say, but I couldn't talk anyway. The cup of instant coffee and a gluten free biscuit later on was surprisingly good though!

I'm on leave for the rest of today and tomorrow. I'm not very good at doing nothing, so I play chemist in the garage, just very slowly.

My little boy had his hair cut today, who is now sitting by my side, it's amazing how they know when to cling to their master.

I mentioned floods earlier, well the sh.t is about to hit the fan here. I'm on high ground in the middle of town. But several co-workers are not, and I feel terrible about not being able to help in some way. Flood waters are not expected to peak until early next week, at which point I will not even be able to drive to work anyway, having to cross a river on the way to work every day, the last thing I want is to be stranded on the other side of town. Can you tell I'm a little panicked?

And the place my parents bought as a retirement getaway is underwater now and his brand-new boat is probably destroyed too. They put a lot of time into that place and he has worked so fu,king hard his whole life, it's very deflating. My Dad is an emotionless man, but his hurt is hard to miss at the moment. They are safe and dry though, things can be replaced or rebuilt.

Anyway, I'm venting here a bit. Can only wait and see now.

14. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, Bosko, dgage, Azure and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad things went well and my mum is a nurse on day surgical for the last couple of year's but all in 15 year's so far but it has come with some health issues due to being over worked. But how good is the sleep when your under! I had a lump cut off my penis last August first time ever having a operation and was worried i'd wake up mid cut through the old willy and scream.

The doc said it could of been cancer but the test came back negative! that was the longest 8 day's of my life.

16. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to go in for a day procedure soon. Soon as I can get through on the phone to make an appointment, the on hold times are just silly. I only get half an hour for lunch, and the owners of the company I work for give you the "look" if you spend too much time on the phone. Also, I used up all my sick leave when I had Covid.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

18. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 24 of 142 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast