autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 23 of 142 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Too much silver for me, the black breaks up the contrast or at least a darker wheel colour
    Come on. Haven’t you heard of cars with silver on silver on silver. Hmmm. Maybe that was black on black on black.

2. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    My bigest gripe with Ford is how much more they charge for the performance pack options. Plus, I'm not sure if I can get a PP and have all-season performance tires. I had summer performance tires on my previous Mustang and there was a huge difference in drivability in the lower temp ranges (like the 50's degF). I never drove it when it dipped close to the 30's, but 50° - 65°F was a prime area for engine performance LOL. The new or newer Mustang I end up with, I plan to drive it all year-round, save for snow.
    Save for a few mountainous areas of the country, we don't really have that problem in Australia.

In fact, ALL Mustangs delivered in Australia come standard with the Performance Pack. Sadly, we don't have the choice you guys have with models, packages and equipment groups. As I said earlier, it's a take it or leave it approach. I actually think Ford should offer a more basic spec V8 Mustang in Australia for those who can't afford or don't want the Performance Pack. The reality is, Ford sell every single Mustang they can get in Australia. Almost all of them are customer ordered cars with little to no floor stock whatsoever, so Ford have no incentive to offer such a thing.

4. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After having to navigate the mess that is our public hospital to have a simple blood test and ECG for an upcoming procedure, I needed a lift. The Mustang was just the thing.........

Loving the new black lug nuts!

I even got to overtake some bozo in a Kia doing 40 km/h in a 100 zone at full noise. People complain about these NA Coyote's having no torque, well these things rip above the 4,000 rpm VCT change over point, right up to the rev limiter, the upshift landing the engine right back in the meat of the power curve. It's very addictive!

With a garage full of clean cars, the only one that "needed" attention was the Ranger, and with 3 days of rain and flooding predicted, I wasn't going to bother getting the pressure washer out. So, I decided to keep honing my rinse-less skills, using Absolute again.

Like my first use of Absolute, I used Bead Maker as a drying aid with a Gauntlet towel, such a great combination. Interior vacuumed and wiped over with InnerQD, it will be clean for at least a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Come on. Haven’t you heard of cars with silver on silver on silver. Hmmm. Maybe that was black on black on black.
    Once you go black you never go.........

7. Likes dgage, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    After having to navigate the mess that is our public hospital to have a simple blood test and ECG for an upcoming procedure, I needed a lift. The Mustang was just the thing.........

Loving the new black lug nuts!

I even got to overtake some bozo in a Kia doing 40 km/h in a 100 zone at full noise. People complain about these NA Coyote's having no torque, well these things rip above the 4,000 rpm VCT change over point, right up to the rev limiter, the upshift landing the engine right back in the meat of the power curve. It's very addictive!

With a garage full of clean cars, the only one that "needed" attention was the Ranger, and with 3 days of rain and flooding predicted, I wasn't going to bother getting the pressure washer out. So, I decided to keep honing my rinse-less skills, using Absolute again.

Like my first use of Absolute, I used Bead Maker as a drying aid with a Gauntlet towel, such a great combination. Interior vacuumed and wiped over with InnerQD, it will be clean for at least a few hours.
    You got private health insurance? Public hospitals are a mess here, we actually had a really good system, but our local government invested millions in two AFL teams to play a few games a year and said stuff the Tasmanian citizen's i hope you procedure goes well

9. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have I mentioned how much I love microfiber towels?

A couple of weeks ago I did a purge on a variety of towels that were either one offs, getting old or I simply didn't like.

The goal from here was to fill out my range and make it more uniform, the mismatch of towels screwed with my need to always have a matching set.

After trying so many different towel styles over the years, I now have a clear picture of what I like, and what I like for specific detailing tasks. I made up a list of what I needed to add, all being items I already have and love using.

This is what $165 of towels looks like...............

- Starting at the front, the grey towels are what I use on wheels. These small 12x12 Gauntlet's are just perfectly sized for wheels.

-The blue waffle weave Dry Me A River towels are for glass. These are the medium 16x24 size.

-The pink, orange and blue FTW's are my small drying towels. I mostly use these on my own cars with a drying aid. I now have three of each colour.

-The bright green towels I use for delicate interior surfaces (think gloss trims). These Creature Edgeless towels are a favorite of mine, I have them for polish and wax removal in grey, and in blue for door jambs.

-The wash pads are replacing some very old wash mitts. I don't like mitts, I just prefer the use of pads instead. Here, I am adding a Cyclone 10X (large) and Cyclone Premium (medium) wash pads in grey.

As mentioned, these additions flesh out existing towels and mitts in my collection and represent what I like to grab the most. As a precaution, all of these will be pre-washed in Rag's to Riches before being used.

11. Likes opie, Big Dave, dgage, Azure, SNP209 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im drawing a blank...what does FTW stand for?

And is your health care system there all run by the government?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Im drawing a blank...what does FTW stand for?

And is your health care system there all run by the government?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    FTW = For The Win

We have both private and government funded hospital systems in Australia.

14. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a bottle of Rag's to Riches that I used a couple of times (and liked it), but the darn thing solidified into a gel-like substance. I ended up tossing it and going back to Micro-Restore. Not sure what happened there, but I've been afraid to buy another bottle.

16. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    FTW = For The Win
    Its actually For The Windows in this case as their intended use is for glass and mirrors

18. Likes DFB, Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 23 of 142 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast