autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 22 of 141 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’m thinking about a new Mustang as well but as you said I just don’t “love” it the way I did the 15-17’s.

What i do like is the is it is probably the last of the ICE muscle cars and that dash.

Just gonna have to wait and see the body in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The S650 styling is growing on me, which seems to be a common train of thought.

In my opinion, the S550 was just so perfectly executed, so much so it set a very high bar for something new to live up to that. I especially love the hard shoulder line that runs from the front quarter panel, intersecting the door handle before ending at the start of those wide hips. And then that lovely body sculpting at the base of the doors, combining to make the car look more toned and aggressive. And of course, bunkered down in the driver's seat, looking down those bulging bonnet lines is such an intoxicating aspect of the car.

These are a couple of pics that I love because they show of those lines so well -

As you can see, I'm still very much in love with this car. I so want to keep it, and I am getting a strong feeling of dread about letting it go and the thought of regretting not keeping it. People will say it's just a car, but it's not, it's become such a part of my story, more than I ever expected.

When I mentioned it to an older coworker today, I was asked if the new car would be electric because "they were banning gas powered cars". I nearly threw up at just the thought and gave a very stern NO, it will have glorious V8 and that I was going to enjoy them while they are still available!

2. Likes dgage, Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    So, today I got a rush of blood and may have bought a new car...........sort of.

When the new Mustang was unveiled two weeks ago, I wasn't immediately wowed by it, unlike the 2015 model which was love at first sight. But, it is the new Mustang, and well, I think I'm ready for a new experience.

Today, I went to my local Ford dealer and asked for my usual salesman. Except he left two years ago. I liked this guy, he always entertained my nut-job car habits and I felt comfortable with him. So comfortable that I once bought two cars in one day from him, that was my current Ranger and Mustang. The Ranger arrived in a month, the Mustang took over 12 months. The greater family has also bought a number of cars from him. Sadly, I wouldn't be dealing with him today, a chance for another new experience.

When the young guy asked what I was looking for, I told him I wanted the new Mustang. Looking across the yard and a sea of new-gen Rangers, I'm pretty sure this is the first Mustang he will sell. At this stage, this model is so new that there is nothing for them to order against. As such, they made up a dummy model code for what I wanted and paid for my place in line, I'm number one at this dealer.

So, what did I order? I totally want a Darkhorse, but I think a lot of people will be disappointed when Ford announce the price of that model. I don't think there will be much change from $110,000 for one of those, and at that price, I don't see value in that for a Ford. Sorry, I bleed Ford blood but I would rather a BMW M2 or used Jaguar F-Type at that price.

As mentioned, it's very early for the new model so at this stage, I have a tentative order for a GT Fastback in Race Red or Atlas Blue. I also I want the 10-Speed auto this time around. I have loved the V8 manual experience, but again, it's time for a change. I'm hoping Ford offer some of the choices available to the US customers, I would love red brake calipers, the red interior and maybe the Recaro seats.

As for forgoing the Darkhorse upgrades for a GT, I think those items will be wasted on me. I have never been left wanting for performance or ability with my current model Mustang, despite Ford offering updates and more powerful models since then. Combined with the power upgrade and various other updates, I don't think I will be disappointed by what the new GT will offer.

Also, other than the M2 or F-Type mentioned above, I have little to no interest in anything else on the market these days. The Mustang is the perfect blend of what I like in a car; a high revving naturally aspirated V8, a luscious induction note, a lovely long-bonnet profile and effortlessly good looking. And available in RED!

Considering how long the lead time will be on this new model, I will have plenty of time to consider this potential purchase. Who knows, I may end up changing the order to a Darkhorse if Ford get aggressive with the price, perhaps I will cancel. I'm not in a hurray or wanting for it to turn up next week. At least I'm in the line. "Good things come to those who wait."

Having said all that, and while I'm feeling a newfound sense of anticipation, I am also feeling a touch of sadness. I adore my Mustang, it's become more than just a shiny red car, it's become a metaphor for my life. Before having this car, I was the sort of person who liked to fly under the radar. Well, there is no hiding or blending into the background in a bright red Mustang. The colour red has become a symbol of confidence, fun, happiness, excitement and exuberance for me, and all because of that car. I can't keep this car, even I have a limit, so it will need to be traded in. However, I will have at least another year or more to love the sh.t out this car, and I can only hope whoever chooses to buy it will do the same.

Oh, and I don't think my new salesman knew what hit him this morning, probably the easiest sale he will ever make.
    Deyon, this is BIG move for you, lots of change, literally. FWIW if your going to change the theme, CHANGE the theme, including the color! I know you like red but blue is killer given the 2 choices. Looks like anthracite is the color for the rims, I like that and no mesh!

I'm not taken with its looks if I'm honestDFB's Garage Maybe "in the metal" I'll change my mind but your current Stangs gen looks great, don't care how common they are, they always turn my headDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Deyon, this is BIG move for you, lots of change, literally. FWIW if your going to change the theme, CHANGE the theme, including the color! I know you like red but blue is killer given the 2 choices. Looks like anthracite is the color for the rims, I like that and no mesh!

I'm not taken with its looks if I'm honestDFB's Garage Maybe "in the metal" I'll change my mind but your current Stangs gen looks great, don't care how common they are, they always turn my headDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I didn't realize how BIG this move was until you pointed it out. My trip to the dealer on Tuesday was a split-second decision, my brain simply telling me to just DO IT and sort the rest out later. I keep cycling through anticipation and an aching heart for my current car. And yes, I hear you about the color, I was thinking the same thing.

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I didn't realize how BIG this move was until you pointed it out. My trip to the dealer on Tuesday was a split-second decision, my brain simply telling me to just DO IT and sort the rest out later. I keep cycling through anticipation and an aching heart for my current car. And yes, I hear you about the color, I was thinking the same thing.
    I remember reading about a psychology study that showed people were generally happier if they made a quick decision when buying a car, if they took too long to decide what car, then what colour and options, they second guessed themselves long term, and generally weren't as happy those who made quick decisions. So don't worry about it being a spur of the moment decision, you know you'll be happy.

And now I might muddy the waters (little detailing joke), there's a guy who lives nearby has the same Mustang as yours in silver, he's very fussy with it, and it looks really nice. He has silver wheels on it as well, not the black everyone is doing lately. Definitely stands out from the pack. It's a very light, bright silver.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I remember reading about a psychology study that showed people were generally happier if they made a quick decision when buying a car, if they took too long to decide what car, then what colour and options, they second guessed themselves long term, and generally weren't as happy those who made quick decisions. So don't worry about it being a spur of the moment decision, you know you'll be happy.

And now I might muddy the waters (little detailing joke), there's a guy who lives nearby has the same Mustang as yours in silver, he's very fussy with it, and it looks really nice. He has silver wheels on it as well, not the black everyone is doing lately. Definitely stands out from the pack. It's a very light, bright silver.

It will have been Ingot or Iconic Silver, which really highlights those hard character lines on the S550.

10. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooooooof nice colour

12. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Oooooooof nice colour
    The one near me has silver wheels, so looks more like this. I think maybe I'm over the black wheel look that seems to be on everything now. And I'm saying this knowing I have black wheels on the FJ. I've been giving serious consideration to swapping back to the original alloys.

14. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The one near me has silver wheels, so looks more like this. I think maybe I'm over the black wheel look that seems to be on everything now. And I'm saying this knowing I have black wheels on the FJ. I've been giving serious consideration to swapping back to the original alloys.

I can understand being over black wheels. If I could have found some for a reasonable ask, I would have gone for the PP2 version of the HP wheels, they are a painted pewter finish -

I also love wheels with a machined face and painted inner spokes, like these -

I'm hoping Ford Australia offer more customization on the new Mustang. The S550 was very much a take-it-or-leave-it proposition, early on the only options was simply color and transmission. Ideally, I would like to order the red interior with either Atlas Blue or Race Red, red calipers and Recaro seats. I also like the design of the Darkhorse wheels in grey...........

16. Likes Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My bigest gripe with Ford is how much more they charge for the performance pack options. Plus, I'm not sure if I can get a PP and have all-season performance tires. I had summer performance tires on my previous Mustang and there was a huge difference in drivability in the lower temp ranges (like the 50's degF). I never drove it when it dipped close to the 30's, but 50° - 65°F was a prime area for engine performance LOL. The new or newer Mustang I end up with, I plan to drive it all year-round, save for snow.

18. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too much silver for me, the black breaks up the contrast or at least a darker wheel colour

20. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 22 of 141 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast