autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 289

Thread: DFB's Garage

  1. #201
    Super Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    8,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

    First thing to do is make up a pre-spray solution, which P&S recommends using a 256:1 dilution for this role. For a 1-liter bottle, you need just 4ml of solution. I also like to use distilled water for the pre-spray, although considering Absolute will soften water, it's probably not necessary.


    To make measuring such a small amount easier, I use a syringe.


    For the wash solution, the 256:1 dilution applies here too. To 7.5 liters of water, add 30ml of Absolute.
    Quick tip for you, next time save yourself the hassle and take your spray bottle and dunk it into your rinseless solution for your pre-soak. It is really that easy and more efficient.

  2. Likes DFB, PaulMys liked this post
  3. #202
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Quick tip for you, next time save yourself the hassle and take your spray bottle and dunk it into your rinseless solution for your pre-soak. It is really that easy and more efficient.
    Thank you kind Sir, will definitely do that next time.

  4. Likes The Guz liked this post
  5. #203
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    I mentioned last week that the Ranger wouldn't stay clean for long..............





    Working in the rain yesterday, the tray and cabin were laced with wet grass and muddy water.

    Also, I noticed the Stjarnagloss Gummi I applied last week to the tyres was virtually gone, so durability is trash.



    Product of choice for the rolling stock was Adam's Wheel & Tire Cleaner -



    The rest of the car was washed with Koch GSF, I also needed to break out the TarX to deal with some strange tar spots that accumulated over the last five days. Drying aid was Stjarnagloss Silke and door jambs and tray wiped over with N-914. Glass was via Gyeon Q2M Glass and the rest of the interior wiped with Koch ASC. Final touch, and my favorite step, the tyres were dressed with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing at 100%.



    Now ready to get wet and dirty again tomorrow.

  6. Likes Tasmania, Azure, PaulMys liked this post
  7. #204
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    So, today I got a rush of blood and may have bought a new car...........sort of.

    When the new Mustang was unveiled two weeks ago, I wasn't immediately wowed by it, unlike the 2015 model which was love at first sight. But, it is the new Mustang, and well, I think I'm ready for a new experience.

    Today, I went to my local Ford dealer and asked for my usual salesman. Except he left two years ago. I liked this guy, he always entertained my nut-job car habits and I felt comfortable with him. So comfortable that I once bought two cars in one day from him, that was my current Ranger and Mustang. The Ranger arrived in a month, the Mustang took over 12 months. The greater family has also bought a number of cars from him. Sadly, I wouldn't be dealing with him today, a chance for another new experience.

    When the young guy asked what I was looking for, I told him I wanted the new Mustang. Looking across the yard and a sea of new-gen Rangers, I'm pretty sure this is the first Mustang he will sell. At this stage, this model is so new that there is nothing for them to order against. As such, they made up a dummy model code for what I wanted and paid for my place in line, I'm number one at this dealer.

    So, what did I order? I totally want a Darkhorse, but I think a lot of people will be disappointed when Ford announce the price of that model. I don't think there will be much change from $110,000 for one of those, and at that price, I don't see value in that for a Ford. Sorry, I bleed Ford blood but I would rather a BMW M2 or used Jaguar F-Type at that price.

    As mentioned, it's very early for the new model so at this stage, I have a tentative order for a GT Fastback in Race Red or Atlas Blue. I also I want the 10-Speed auto this time around. I have loved the V8 manual experience, but again, it's time for a change. I'm hoping Ford offer some of the choices available to the US customers, I would love red brake calipers, the red interior and maybe the Recaro seats.





    As for forgoing the Darkhorse upgrades for a GT, I think those items will be wasted on me. I have never been left wanting for performance or ability with my current model Mustang, despite Ford offering updates and more powerful models since then. Combined with the power upgrade and various other updates, I don't think I will be disappointed by what the new GT will offer.

    Also, other than the M2 or F-Type mentioned above, I have little to no interest in anything else on the market these days. The Mustang is the perfect blend of what I like in a car; a high revving naturally aspirated V8, a luscious induction note, a lovely long-bonnet profile and effortlessly good looking. And available in RED!

    Considering how long the lead time will be on this new model, I will have plenty of time to consider this potential purchase. Who knows, I may end up changing the order to a Darkhorse if Ford get aggressive with the price, perhaps I will cancel. I'm not in a hurray or wanting for it to turn up next week. At least I'm in the line. "Good things come to those who wait."

    Having said all that, and while I'm feeling a newfound sense of anticipation, I am also feeling a touch of sadness. I adore my Mustang, it's become more than just a shiny red car, it's become a metaphor for my life. Before having this car, I was the sort of person who liked to fly under the radar. Well, there is no hiding or blending into the background in a bright red Mustang. The colour red has become a symbol of confidence, fun, happiness, excitement and exuberance for me, and all because of that car. I can't keep this car, even I have a limit, so it will need to be traded in. However, I will have at least another year or more to love the sh.t out this car, and I can only hope whoever chooses to buy it will do the same.

    Oh, and I don't think my new salesman knew what hit him this morning, probably the easiest sale he will ever make.

  8. Likes dgage, Big Dave, BudgetPlan1, Azure, PaulMys and 4 others liked this post
  9. #205
    Super Member Azure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    That's awesome! I actually just sold my 04 Mach 1 because I intend to buy a newer Mustang. I was originally going to wait and just trade in mine when I bought new, but I was a little worried the used car market would be much lower by then. I will look at the new models when they come out, but I hope to find a used 2021-22 Mach 1 with a 10 spd auto and hope the price isn't outlandish lol. I'm going to go with a 10 spd auto either way I go because I'm tired of driving manuals. I guess I'm officially old and have had manual cars and trucks numerous times over the years. I look forward to see yours when you are able to buy it.

  10. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
  11. #206
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    That's awesome! I actually just sold my 04 Mach 1 because I intend to buy a newer Mustang. I was originally going to wait and just trade in mine when I bought new, but I was a little worried the used car market would be much lower by then. I will look at the new models when they come out, but I hope to find a used 2021-22 Mach 1 with a 10 spd auto and hope the price isn't outlandish lol. I'm going to go with a 10 spd auto either way I go because I'm tired of driving manuals. I guess I'm officially old and have had manual cars and trucks numerous times over the years. I look forward to see yours when you are able to buy it.
    Probably looking at very late 2023 or early 2024 at this stage, which is fine by me.

  12. Likes Azure liked this post
  13. #207
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    So, I got a random number pop up on my phone at lunch today. I screen all calls these days, just too much time wasted listening to people trying to either steal money from me or sell me something I don't want. If someone takes the time to leave a voice message, then they will get phoned back, otherwise send me a text or email..........I HATE talking to people on the phone.

    The person left a message and did get a call back. Get this, it was the MING MOLE from my local dealer. Seriously, now? I can picture what she looks like by the tone of her voice, I know I shouldn't judge, I'm a terrible person. (For those who don't know, a MING MOLE is the lovely lady whose job is to basically seduce a man into buying overpriced paint protection, window tinting and vehicle accessories. MING was a popular paint/interior protection brand from decades ago, the term MING MOLE sort of evolved from that. They are almost always blond with large breasts and caked in makeup.)

    She congratulated me on my choice, and went into her spiel before I could get a word in. My response was, "honey, considering the car is nearly two years away, I don't think I really want to think about paint protection and dash cameras right now. And even so, I'm a detailer so will be doing that myself; I get off on that sort of thing!"

    To her credit, she knew all about the new Mustang, stating she would be ordering a Darkhorse herself. I mentioned that I would like one too but feel the price will be out of the ballpark. She asked what I expected the price to be, my response was $110,000+. She then said they were expecting it to be closer to $150,000. Not sure I agree, but she also mentioned that the R-Spec a couple of years ago was $120,000 on the road, so maybe there is some truth here. Either way, I don't see value in a non-Shelby Mustang at anything above $100,000. (Keep in mind these are inflated AUD's)

  14. Likes opie liked this post
  15. #208
    Super Member Big Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    So, I got a random number pop up on my phone at lunch today. I screen all calls these days, just too much time wasted listening to people trying to either steal money from me or sell me something I don't want. If someone takes the time to leave a voice message, then they will get phoned back, otherwise send me a text or email..........I HATE talking to people on the phone.

    The person left a message and did get a call back. Get this, it was the MING MOLE from my local dealer. Seriously, now? I can picture what she looks like by the tone of her voice, I know I shouldn't judge, I'm a terrible person. (For those who don't know, a MING MOLE is the lovely lady whose job is to basically seduce a man into buying overpriced paint protection, window tinting and vehicle accessories. MING was a popular paint/interior protection brand from decades ago, the term MING MOLE sort of evolved from that. They are almost always blond with large breasts and caked in makeup.)

    She congratulated me on my choice, and went into her spiel before I could get a word in. My response was, "honey, considering the car is nearly two years away, I don't think I really want to think about paint protection and dash cameras right now. And even so, I'm a detailer so will be doing that myself; I get off on that sort of thing!"

    To her credit, she knew all about the new Mustang, stating she would be ordering a Darkhorse herself. I mentioned that I would like one too but feel the price will be out of the ballpark. She asked what I expected the price to be, my response was $110,000+. She then said they were expecting it to be closer to $150,000. Not sure I agree, but she also mentioned that the R-Spec a couple of years ago was $120,000 on the road, so maybe there is some truth here. Either way, I don't see value in a non-Shelby Mustang at anything above $100,000. (Keep in mind these are inflated AUD's)
    Let's hope all the delivery delays a gone soon, so the prices aren't affected by artificially inflated demand. I read somewhere recently that the latest delays in the Ford system were caused by running out of Ford badges, if I remember correctly, the Mustang doesn't have any.

    The last Ming Mole I met, was small, had dark hair, and an eastern European accent, when my Mum was buying her Qashqai, we got them to do the window tint, it was more convenient, and we got it done for "half" price, but they did do a good job. She was cool though, she realised she wasn't getting us to buy anything else, but asked us to stay in the office and chat for a while, to make look like she was doing her best for the boss, who was I to argue.

    Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

  16. Likes DFB, Tasmania liked this post
  17. #209
    Super Member DFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Let's hope all the delivery delays a gone soon, so the prices aren't affected by artificially inflated demand. I read somewhere recently that the latest delays in the Ford system were caused by running out of Ford badges, if I remember correctly, the Mustang doesn't have any.

    The last Ming Mole I met, was small, had dark hair, and an eastern European accent, when my Mum was buying her Qashqai, we got them to do the window tint, it was more convenient, and we got it done for "half" price, but they did do a good job. She was cool though, she realised she wasn't getting us to buy anything else, but asked us to stay in the office and chat for a while, to make look like she was doing her best for the boss, who was I to argue.

    Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    The last time I bought a car (the Mustang), because the time from order to delivery was 12 months and 7 days, I actually missed out on being sat down and be given the usual spiel. Although to be fair, the previous aftersales lady was very straight up with her approach, she knew the difference between the sale of a bread-and-butter car and an enthusiast car. I also had a lot of respect for her as she owned and daily drove an FPV GT with the supercharged Miami V8 and a MANUAL transmission!

  18. Likes Big Dave liked this post
  19. #210
    Super Member Coatingsarecrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DFB's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The last time I bought a car (the Mustang), because the time from order to delivery was 12 months and 7 days, I actually missed out on being sat down and be given the usual spiel. Although to be fair, the previous aftersales lady was very straight up with her approach, she knew the difference between the sale of a bread-and-butter car and an enthusiast car. I also had a lot of respect for her as she owned and daily drove an FPV GT with the supercharged Miami V8 and a MANUAL transmission!
    I’m thinking about a new Mustang as well but as you said I just don’t “love” it the way I did the 15-17’s.

    What i do like is the is it is probably the last of the ICE muscle cars and that dash.

    Just gonna have to wait and see the body in real life.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2021, 06:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2015, 11:14 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 09:47 PM
  4. Pictures from June 26th Open Garage at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!
    By Mike Phillips in forum PICTURES: 3-Day CAR Detailing Bootcamp Classes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 03:05 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Members who have read this thread: 152

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» December 2022

S M T W T F S
27282930 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31