autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I still use the 200 killer wasps joke, but none of the young guys at work know what I'm talking about, and the FJ does actually have 200 killer wasps. And for everyone else, here's where it began, still funny.

Toyota RAV4 - KILLER WASPS - YouTube

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Those Rav4's with the 3.5 V6 were borderline lethal in the wrong hands. Once the VVT kicked into gear, they had a bad habit of becoming an unguided missile.

Post Thanks / Like

I still use the 200 killer wasps joke, but none of the young guys at work know what I'm talking about, and the FJ does actually have 200 killer wasps. And for everyone else, here's where it began, still funny.

Toyota RAV4 - KILLER WASPS - YouTube

Probably the best commercial Toyota’s ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Those Rav4's with the 3.5 V6 were borderline lethal in the wrong hands. Once the VVT kicked into gear, they had a bad habit of becoming an unguided missile.
    You can get the same 3.5 V6 in a Corolla body, I wonder how that drives. I remember how spooky the handling was in my brother's Aurion, front drive is not my thing.

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get the same 3.5 V6 in a Corolla body, I wonder how that drives. I remember how spooky the handling was in my brother's Aurion, front drive is not my thing.

Ahhhh, the Aurion! The best thing about those was the engine.

Do you remember the Aurion TRD? Supercharged 3.5 V6 with 241 kW (323 hp) / 400 Nm (295 Ft lb) going through the front wheels! What could go wrong?

Was intended to be a competitor to the XR6 Turbo but priced like an FPV GT. They sold very, very few of them.

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rented a Toyota Corolla a few years ago when traveling for work and I hated that thing. Felt like I was driving a toaster (appliance) and there was nothing redeeming other than it being cheap and reliable. I’m surprised that Toyota is using the Corolla name for a hot hatch in the 3 CYLINDER 300+ HP Corolla GR. Bet that will be a loud vehicle to drive.

2023 Toyota GR Corolla: The 300-HP, AWD, Stick-Shift STI Slayer Is Finally Here

9. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I rented a Toyota Corolla a few years ago when traveling for work and I hated that thing. Felt like I was driving a toaster (appliance) and there was nothing redeeming other than it being cheap and reliable. I’m surprised that Toyota is using the Corolla name for a hot hatch in the 3 CYLINDER 300+ HP Corolla GR. Bet that will be a loud vehicle to drive.

2023 Toyota GR Corolla: The 300-HP, AWD, Stick-Shift STI Slayer Is Finally Here
    For my 30th birthday, my sister and I did a tour of New Zealand's South Island, I actually turned 30 on in the airplane. We were given a then current model Toyota Corolla with the most beat up paint you could imagine.

The roads we drove that car on were brilliant, roads I would have loved to be driving my Mustang or Jaguar on. The Corolla went surprisingly well on those winding mountain roads, although the CVT was terrible. Of course, nothing drives as well as a hire car.......

One of the best moments of my life........

11. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania, SNP209, dgage, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Having scored one of the public holidays off, I was going to make the most of a day to myself. I won't incriminate myself by saying how long I slept to this morning, all I will say is that I NEEDED it.

Number one job for the day was to install something I have had on my mind for a while.............

The Jaguar XE comes standard with small, plastic paddles for manual gear shifting. Connected to the brilliant ZF 8-Speed automatic, this is a fun thing to play around with on a winding road, or whenever the red mist descends. It even rev matches on the downshifts.

Except, I wanted a little more theater...............

These sort of paddle shift extenders are made for most of the cars on the market and are made from metal rather than plastic. Installation is easy and starts with an IPA wipe down of the standard issue plastic paddles.

Next, you apply the adhesion promotor.

You then attach the adhesive strip to the paddle extenders and then fit them up to the standard paddles.

Now, I know these are bit boy racer for an "old-man-red" luxury sedan, but I love them. They add a bit more of the desired theater when using the paddles and the colour matches some of the highlighting trim found elsewhere in the cabin.

Jeez, I'm turning into a modder!

13. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania, SNP209, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The rest of my day was spent, shock horror, detailing.

Firstly, I wanted to go through my microfiber and do a purge of items that are not being used. I have towels and wash mitts that I don't use or have not used in far too long.

Not sure where these will end up, in the oily rag pile or sent to the Op shop most likely. I have also made a list of what I want to top up on to better reflect what I use most often.

Next, the Ranger was filthy. The weather has been horrid so far this spring, raining most days. I know the poor thing won't stay clean for long, but I feel better having it tidy for at least a few hours.

I used the EGO after the wash, I really need the stubby nozzle. At this stage, I still prefer my Big Boi.

The XR6 was next in line, and to mix things up, I decided to do a rinse-less wash for a change. I also had a new product to try, the newly released P&S Absolute.

The XR6 was a perfect candidate for a rinse-less today, being merely dusty with a few odds spots here and there, a truly dirty car like the Ranger earlier I prefer to do a proper wash with LOTS of water and soap.

First thing to do is make up a pre-spray solution, which P&S recommends using a 256:1 dilution for this role. For a 1-liter bottle, you need just 4ml of solution. I also like to use distilled water for the pre-spray, although considering Absolute will soften water, it's probably not necessary.

To make measuring such a small amount easier, I use a syringe.

For the wash solution, the 256:1 dilution applies here too. To 7.5 liters of water, add 30ml of Absolute.

This is where these Solo sprayers come into their own, no pumping or squeezing, especially good if you struggle with arthritis.

I decided to pair Absolute with Bead Maker today, and wow, what a combination!

All done, after some tire dressing to cap things off -

I mentioned the combo of Absolute and Bead Maker, well the paint was so slick after the wash that I had great difficulty in putting the car cover on.

There has been a lot of hype surrounding P&S Absolute, mainly from The Rag Company who describe it as "game changing". I probably would term it game changing, but I'm calling it now; this is better than the people's favorite, McKee's N-914.

15. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania, dgage, Azure, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting on my Solo sprayer they said it's on backorder and will post 28/9/22

Don't forget the hilux got the supercharger for the TRD model

17. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The rest of my day was spent, shock horror, detailing.

Firstly, I wanted to go through my microfiber and do a purge of items that are not being used. I have towels and wash mitts that I don't use or have not used in far too long.

Not sure where these will end up, in the oily rag pile or sent to the Op shop most likely. I have also made a list of what I want to top up on to better reflect what I use most often.

Next, the Ranger was filthy. The weather has been horrid so far this spring, raining most days. I know the poor thing won't stay clean for long, but I feel better having it tidy for at least a few hours.

I used the EGO after the wash, I really need the stubby nozzle. At this stage, I still prefer my Big Boi.

The XR6 was next in line, and to mix things up, I decided to do a rinse-less wash for a change. I also had a new product to try, the newly released P&S Absolute.

The XR6 was a perfect candidate for a rinse-less today, being merely dusty with a few odds spots here and there, a truly dirty car like the Ranger earlier I prefer to do a proper wash with LOTS of water and soap.

First thing to do is make up a pre-spray solution, which P&S recommends using a 256:1 dilution for this role. For a 1-liter bottle, you need just 4ml of solution. I also like to use distilled water for the pre-spray, although considering Absolute will soften water, it's probably not necessary.

To make measuring such a small amount easier, I use a syringe.

For the wash solution, the 256:1 dilution applies here too. To 7.5 liters of water, add 30ml of Absolute.

This is where these Solo sprayers come into their own, no pumping or squeezing, especially good if you struggle with arthritis.

I decided to pair Absolute with Bead Maker today, and wow, what a combination!

All done, after some tire dressing to cap things off -

I mentioned the combo of Absolute and Bead Maker, well the paint was so slick after the wash that I had great difficulty in putting the car cover on.

There has been a lot of hype surrounding P&S Absolute, mainly from The Rag Company who describe it as "game changing". I probably would term it game changing, but I'm calling it now; this is better than the people's favorite, McKee's N-914.
    I would challenge you to try a rinse less on a dirty car. You’d be surprised on how it turned out.

I do a lot of snow foam followed by rinse less and it’s worked well. I’ve even done some winter dirty cars with no snow foam and was surprised by outcome.

Took me awhile to trust the science.

If I could have your garage I would definitely have a big boi. The Ego works nice due to my limited space and that I can take to the touchless wash.

Like that just a hose is a lot lighter but dragging out extention chords. Setting it up. Putting it away…. Ego is just more convenient but not better and definitely not easier to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, CleanIT liked this post
Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast