autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 19 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

A joyous day playing around in my garage. Detailing, messing about with toys and re-organising a few things in the cabinets.

Today's product selection for the Wildtrack -

Working left to right; NV Snow for the pre-soak and Carpro Reset for the contact wash. Next, Meguiar's Hyper Dressing for the wheel arches and side steps, Koch Chemie GUF for the floor mats and Carpro Hydr02 for the wheels. Following that is Koch Chemie ASC for the interior wipe down, Invisible Glass and McKee's N-914 for the door jambs. Adam's Slick & Slide for the drying aid and Bowden's Leather Love for the seats. AMMO Mud went on the tyres at the end, the wheels cleaned with Sonax Full Effect, the tyres cleaned with Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner and hiding at the back is McKee's Rubber Floor Mat Cleaner.

Today was the first time I had used Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner.

SONAX XTREME Wheel Cleaner full-effect Iron Remover

These wheels were not that dirty, so I really need to try these on something more challenging. Like all of the iron-removing products, this stuff smells vile and is not laced with a scent to try and cover it up. It had no trouble getting the months' worth of wet winter road grime off these wheels.

I'm also really liking Koch Chemie ASC -

This product can remove a decent level of grime, and being alcohol based, it flashes off to a streak free finish. The scent is a little odd, something that will grow on you.

2. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, dgage, Azure, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A little touch added to the Mustang today, a brushed aluminum dead pedal cover.

Amazon.com

Not an especially important addition, clearly Ford saved all of $5.00 per car by not fitting these at the factory.

After cleaning the bare plastic with IPA, the adhesion promoter is applied, and the trim piece is attached.

It's hard to capture in pictures how much this changes the look of the footwell.

I also have a couple of other additions on the way for this car, small touches that change a few things that have been on the "one day" list.

4. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, oneheadlite, dgage, Azure and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, those little touches mean so much to people like us, I get it and can't wait to see the next modsDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

everything looks amazing, well done

I love the floor for so many reasons, but couldn't use it myself I don't think...I do bikes which often require a fair amount of disassembly and removal of parts...and sometimes nuts, bolts, washers, and screws get dropped....would that be an issue?

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I have had a big day!

I will break this into separate posts to give them their own place in the thread.

After having my back crunched back into shape, I had my old man help me install my new air hose reel.

I still need to figure out how to flip the mouthpiece around, but overall, I'm happy with it. The hose quality is light years better than the non-pliable plastic hose it replaces.

I even managed to shoot a little video of the Prevost S1 coupler in action.

Prevost S1 Coupler - YouTube

Just so elegantly simple in its action, I could play with it all afternoon...............well I sort of did really.

10. Likes Big Dave, dgage, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next, I mentioned yesterday that I had a couple of extra touches to add to the Mustang. Well, I got an unexpected delivery while we were installing the air reel this morning. :dance

This has been something I had wanted to add to the engine bay of the Mustang ever since I installed the blue coil covers.

Like the Falcon coolant expansion tanks, these tend to discolor over time and start to look a bit tatty. There are countless options for addressing this, including the cover I have here right through to fabricated replacements. What I like about what I have chosen is that it looks factory, carbon fiber looks nice but is just not me.

Installation is pretty simple; you need a pair of pliers and an appropriately sized socket. The best bit? I got to play with my new tools!!!!

First step is to remove the coolant cap and two hoses attached to the tank. It's recommended to do this job while the engine is cool for obvious reasons.

Then remove the two bolts holding the tank to the vehicle. These two bolts are then replaced with black items supplied in the kit.

Next, maneuver the cover over the tank, this is a bit of fiddle to get the correct sequence.

I then replaced the two bolts, reattached the cap and the two hoses. Ensure the hoses are pushed as far on as possible while also aligning the marks on the hose to the mark on the tank.

I just love how this blends into the engine bay as if it was always meant to be there. In fact, Ford actually had the coolant tank presented in a similar fashion for the previous generation Mustang -

Next, I get a little "nutty"........................

12. Likes Tasmania, Azure, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I put the new wheels on the Mustang last year, I reused the factory lug nuts. At the time, it was all about getting the wheels on the car and I wasn't too phased by the chrome setting off against the matte black.

However, changing the lugs was something I wanted to do at some stage. The fact these factory lug nuts are known to be troublesome, the chrome jacket on the outside of the nut swells over time and can actually prevent the wheels from being removed. I did not want that situation!

Because these are factory wheels, they need to be paired with a factory style "acorn" lug nut. Despite the unbranded box, these are actually Gorilla items.

Out with the old, in with the new. Once again, I got to play with my toys......tools.

I had no idea how much different these were going to look, to say I'm pleased with the transformation would be an understatement.

As always, it's all in the "details" with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    A little touch added to the Mustang today, a brushed aluminum dead pedal cover.

Amazon.com

Not an especially important addition, clearly Ford saved all of $5.00 per car by not fitting these at the factory.

After cleaning the bare plastic with IPA, the adhesion promoter is applied, and the trim piece is attached.

It's hard to capture in pictures how much this changes the look of the footwell.

I also have a couple of other additions on the way for this car, small touches that change a few things that have been on the "one day" list.
    Wheels and coolant tank look mint! Be careful with the car because you have just added 200 killer wasps at least

15. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    everything looks amazing, well done

I love the floor for so many reasons, but couldn't use it myself I don't think...I do bikes which often require a fair amount of disassembly and removal of parts...and sometimes nuts, bolts, washers, and screws get dropped....would that be an issue?
    It's certainly something to be aware of if you are doing mechanical work on Ribtrax.

In your situation, you would either roll out a rubber mat to work on which will reduce the possibility of losing parts. You could also have a work section set out using the Diamondtrax, with the surrounding areas done in Ribtrax.

17. Thanks Lance Mark thanked for this post
    Likes Lance Mark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Wheels and coolant tank look mint! Be careful with the car because you have just added 200 killer wasps at least
    I still use the 200 killer wasps joke, but none of the young guys at work know what I'm talking about, and the FJ does actually have 200 killer wasps. And for everyone else, here's where it began, still funny.

Toyota RAV4 - KILLER WASPS - YouTube

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

19. Likes Azure, DFB, Tasmania liked this post
Page 19 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast