autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

I was just thinking of doing the same but trying it on rain water tank and then with the inline camping filter i bought.

Sandro will have a video soon on his di filter set up cost him $999

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I use a water deionizer system. I have to wash outside with no shade and my water is regularly ~420PPM TDS. I really doesn't take long to burn through the deionizer media, so this year I bought two refills (~$200 total). Last wash I was at ~9PPM out of the deionizer, so I'll need to replace the media shortly.

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This week's indulgence..................

First off, I'm going to blame someone else for being "influenced" to buy something detailing related..............Carpro ECH2o...............but, but the other boys are doing it too!

Having used most of my supply of Carpro Lift earlier in the week, I felt compelled to order some more after have no trouble cleaning up a nicely dirty Mazda.

I have also decided to give Capro ReTyre another try. I was pretty harsh on it after my initial uses, this time it at least arrived with the correct foaming sprayer.

The Kwazar sprayers are a favorite of mine, they look as good as they spray. This one, along with a replacement sprayer head in each colour, is for spares/stock.

I'm really looking forward to giving ReTyre another go as well as trying ECH2o.

6. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, dgage, Azure, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice haul, My Spotless come with a white trigger with a round mesh type head
    Thought that was a little weird

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested in how you like ReTyre and ECH2O as well. Both are on my 'next purchase' list lol.

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Interested in how you like ReTyre and ECH2O as well. Both are on my 'next purchase' list lol.
    I'm really looking forward to ECH2o, I know a lot here use it.

My first uses of ReTyre were disappointing. For some reason, my bottle was sent with the wrong sprayer head, so it did not foam up as intended. It also struggled to clean up a set of Michelin PS3's on my Falcon.

I have since learnt that those tires are very resistant to cleaning and only something harsh like Tarminator will get them clean. No other tire I have cleaned has been like that.

Using it on other tires was more successful -

So, I decided to give ReTyre another go and with the correct sprayer head, hopefully better results.

12. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, Azure, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm feeling run down after working a lot of hours lately, so I decided last night to take today off. That didn't mean I sat on my **** all day...........although it was nice sleeping till 10am.

I did have a few things I wanted to attend to. First being cutting and fitting some cabinet liners.

I once bought this stuff at Bunning's but they have discontinued it. Good old Bunning's, determining what people buy and not want customers WANT to buy. I ended up getting these rolls off Amazon, although they are not quite wide enough for these ultra-wide shelves. It's all I could find though.

I decided to use Carpro ECH2o to wipe the shelves down with. Diluted at 1:15 as a water-less wash.

I like this lining over the more freely available rubber mesh liners as it won't allow liquid to pass through and not as easily moved around.

And while this little duck was sleeping, a package arrived for me -

I have been using a bit of iron remover lately, Carpro IronX or NV Purify being my chosen products for this role. Likewise, I have been using a lot of Gyeon product as well. After comparing a few different brands in the larger 3.8/4lt sizes, I went with Gyeon Iron, which can also be used with a clay bar/pad like Purify.

Moving on, Optimum Car Wash Shampoo is another soap for me to try. This is a pH neutral maintenance with a bubble gum scent. It's also a thicker soap than a lot of the other soaps I have been using lately.

Sonax XTREME Wheel Cleaner is known to be a very powerful product. I actually bought this as a substitute for NV Purge, which has never disappointed me with its ability, so I'm keen to see if it lives up to the reputation.

The Microfiber Gloves will be an interesting thing to have a go with, as will the Polishing Cones.

A relaxing day much needed.

14. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Azure, oneheadlite, CleanIT, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Continuing pH testing of chemicals, in particular soaps.

For the most part, pH neutral soaps are best for maintenance washes, while alkaline or acidic soaps used for deeper cleaning or preparing for a new wax or sealant.

Starting off with my favorite soap, Carpro Reset. As expected, the pH level of the soap measure at about 7.5, for both diluted and undiluted forms.

Undiluted -

Diluted -

Next, Koch Chemie GSF. Again, a pH neutral soap in both forms.

Undiluted -

Diluted -

Carpro Lift I only measured in diluted form, it read pretty alkaline -

Then things got confusing. Most will know my love of NV Snow, as well as the alkaline Snow+. NV Snow is sold as a pH neutral soap, except my readings were anything but.

Undiluted -

Diluted -

I then went ahead and tested NV Snow+, a product that is supposed to have a pH reading of 8.1.

Undiluted -

Diluted -

To recap, Snow had reads at about 10, Snow+ reading about 12.

I'm pretty confused by this, I guess this why I find Snow to be good at pre-soaking. I did a quick test of adding a drop or two of Snow into 100ml of tap water and the readings stabilized.

Waxit recommend Snow and Snow+ be diluted at 1:10 in a foam cannon or 50ml to 10lt of water. For 1:10, you would add 909ml of water and 91ml of soap in a 1lt foam cannon.

Both of these NV soaps would be best measured accurately. Even so, I am not really sure why I got these reading when they are sold at defined pH levels.

16. Thanks Big Dave, oneheadlite, CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, dgage, Azure, oneheadlite, opie and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, pretty far from PH neutral!

18. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Send NV a email and see what they say?

Your new name is DFB Detective Detailing or officer DDD or Triple D

20. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast