autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

So I have getting my sister a car. It's from a great friend of mine. He's been working in body shops so rotary polisher is fine. But it where the owner that finished the cars with a lot of experience with rotary polisher and flawless work. His new SUV he and I will be doing together with my DA polishers.

On a couple of steps back the paint looks great. There are some spots that a trained eye can see how it really is. Look at the gray shade of the rear mirror for an example in this picture. So this is before polishing and just a spray on rinse off product as protection.

But the whole car has hologram all over it. I thought that a 1-step polish would sort it out on this soft black paint. Know that many would be satisfied with a 1-step polish results. But it's my OCD for the work and interest that gets me over board. So the former deeper swirls where not corrected enough showed me in the test spot. 2-step it where going to be done.

I used my new polisher from a domestic brand 15mm longthrow. URU-fiber 50/50 pad and Pingens Heavy cut Compound. The compound you can compare to Menzerna 400 cut 8/10 finish 8/10 and this is very simualar in how it feels but has cut 9/10 and finish 7/10. And here it showed how soft the paint really is. The micro marring after this step where like you see holograms. But the 2nd step with Koch Chemie M2.01 and the old Rupes Yellow Foam Pad cleared it up easly.

Inspection in the sun light. You can see a deeper scratch under the sun reflection lower left side. But it's fine by me as this car has 170k miles on it and has a lot of defects and stone chips. It's a DD after all that's over 10 years old Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Now I entered a giveaway where you would tag someone to be apart of it. My sister is lucky in some of things so I tagged here and said that we would put it on her car. So we won the giveaway and got a complete ceramic coating kit from Ultracoat which is a Poland brand. Poland is coming up in detailing products. You have Kwazar and Work Stuff product for an example that you have heard of. Ultracoat Carbon ceramic coating kit it's like an SiO2 and SiC blend coating much like Carpro SiC that I will apply soon as well. Very easy to apply and level off. A 30-60 second wipe off window. And no problem if let it on a little longer. I probebly used to much of product as well Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011 Ultracoat Finest Wipe is their panel wipe and was a great experience to use as the only smell was a nice vanilla smell.

The results and I would want to show the videos I took. But the pictures a good I'm not skilled in taking photos Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

And sorry it's pollen season here as you can see if looking closely Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Thanks for reading and hope you get an awesome week. I will travel up to my brother tomorrow. And polishing his GF Audi 80 cabriolet 1994 this week. So a thread of it is coming up soon Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Looks awesome Tony, fantastic work. Keep us posted on the Audi!

4. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Looks awesome Tony, fantastic work. Keep us posted on the Audi!
    Absolutely I will be doing that. My brother gf is a photagropher so it might get some nice pictures as well Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Sadly it's a bright yellow paint that they had problems with faiding color changes on it. But think it's going to be nice and glossy.

Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    So I have getting my sister a car. It's from a great friend of mine. He's been working in body shops so rotary polisher is fine. But it where the owner that finished the cars with a lot of experience with rotary polisher and flawless work. His new SUV he and I will be doing together with my DA polishers.

On a couple of steps back the paint looks great. There are some spots that a trained eye can see how it really is. Look at the gray shade of the rear mirror for an example in this picture. So this is before polishing and just a spray on rinse off product as protection.

But the whole car has hologram all over it. I thought that a 1-step polish would sort it out on this soft black paint. Know that many would be satisfied with a 1-step polish results. But it's my OCD for the work and interest that gets me over board. So the former deeper swirls where not corrected enough showed me in the test spot. 2-step it where going to be done.

I used my new polisher from a domestic brand 15mm longthrow. URU-fiber 50/50 pad and Pingens Heavy cut Compound. The compound you can compare to Menzerna 400 cut 8/10 finish 8/10 and this is very simualar in how it feels but has cut 9/10 and finish 7/10. And here it showed how soft the paint really is. The micro marring after this step where like you see holograms. But the 2nd step with Koch Chemie M2.01 and the old Rupes Yellow Foam Pad cleared it up easly.

Inspection in the sun light. You can see a deeper scratch under the sun reflection lower left side. But it's fine by me as this car has 170k miles on it and has a lot of defects and stone chips. It's a DD after all that's over 10 years old Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Now I entered a giveaway where you would tag someone to be apart of it. My sister is lucky in some of things so I tagged here and said that we would put it on her car. So we won the giveaway and got a complete ceramic coating kit from Ultracoat which is a Poland brand. Poland is coming up in detailing products. You have Kwazar and Work Stuff product for an example that you have heard of. Ultracoat Carbon ceramic coating kit it's like an SiO2 and SiC blend coating much like Carpro SiC that I will apply soon as well. Very easy to apply and level off. A 30-60 second wipe off window. And no problem if let it on a little longer. I probebly used to much of product as well Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011 Ultracoat Finest Wipe is their panel wipe and was a great experience to use as the only smell was a nice vanilla smell.

The results and I would want to show the videos I took. But the pictures a good I'm not skilled in taking photos Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

And sorry it's pollen season here as you can see if looking closely Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Thanks for reading and hope you get an awesome week. I will travel up to my brother tomorrow. And polishing his GF Audi 80 cabriolet 1994 this week. So a thread of it is coming up soon Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Tony, you did a great job on that i30Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011 In that rear 3/4 shot it looks like a Saab 9-3 Sport CombiHyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tony, you did a great job on that i30Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011 In that rear 3/4 shot it looks like a Saab 9-3 Sport CombiHyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much!

Yeah they look a little like the 9-3 with that sharp cut rear end. Many combi/SW from 05-12 looks alike with that sharp cut. Ford Focus SW and the Saab 9-3 combi is even more alike around the same modell years. They have that long clear rear lights.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice save on that paint! Looks great now!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

11. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Your pics are fine! I suck at pics!...LOL Again, excellent work! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

13. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys Hyundai i30 TD SW 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job!