autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic "Plaid-urday" was certainly impressive...

So this week Ceramic Saturday turned into Ceramic "Plaid-erday" as in an opportunity to paint correct and ceramic coat a 2022 Tesla Model S Plaid. �� Such a BEAST!!

Continued thanks to my friend Clay who is a member of a local racing group I'm a part of for the trust in my work and the referral here today. This car belongs to a friend and neighbor of his. The owner is certainly a car-guy but not an OCD one thus the goal here was to ensure his daily driver that will see lots of road miles will hold up the elements and be easier to maintain than his past cars.

With that we targeted GYEON's Syncro EVO which includes their ultra hydrophobic top-coat Skin and is the same combo I just used on the Red Mustang I just posted yesterday. This package should provide a solid 2 and upwards of 3 years of protection depending on how he maintains it and what gets tossed at it.

Being a Tesla, all the glass it has was also coated, with the exception of the windshield that will be getting replaced here soon due to a large bit of damage from rock that has already graced it's Ohio Life.

Wheels were also coated with GYEON Q2 RIM and while not the fancy upgrade, the owner did purposely choose these as they provide upwards of 56 more miles of range and that is important to him. They will, however, now that they're ceramic coated and given the regenerative braking the car has, be super easy to wipe down and keep clean.

Mother nature didn't cooperate too much in the way of good photographic weather, but I have to work with what she provides. Maybe the sun will peak out before it's picked up. Until then, here's what a HUGE 9-second quarter-mile beast that weighs in at 5,600lbs looks like when cleaned up.

Polished with a Flex 3401 with Orange L.C. Flat Pads using GYEON's PRIMER product.

30 days Old and Never Washed

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes CleanIT, SNP209, MikeII, dgage, DFB and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic "Plaid-urday" was certainly impressive...

That must REALLY be a Ceramic "Plaid-urday" was certainly impressive..., huh!

Here's what I don't understand about Tesla, well, one of many things. So this model is the "on kill" version yet it offers a tire/wheel package that gives an extra 56 miles of range, huhCeramic "Plaid-urday" was certainly impressive... I say this because with something with that much power wouldn't really want and more importantly NEED grip. The whole range thing doesn't seem to matter because 100% of the hype about these cars is the "passing match" with beat this Hellcat or supercar, weak tires shouldn't even be considered, very dangerous, especially in something that's a pig because physics are physicsCeramic "Plaid-urday" was certainly impressive...

I'm sure it looks better than it did when it left the Ceramic "Plaid-urday" was certainly impressive...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! The plaid sticker on the back cracks me up. Looks like it came right out of the movie.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Looks good! The plaid sticker on the back cracks me up. Looks like it came right out of the movie.
    LOL! It's also what the dash looks like when you floor it. Or in my case, what happens to my vision when I do. It's a BLAST! I totally could see getting one but I'd go for a different color and I would absolutely do the other wheels.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    LOL! It's also what the dash looks like when you floor it. Or in my case, what happens to my vision when I do.
    That's fantastic! It's refreshing to see a sense of humor in a car company.

It's a BLAST! I totally could see getting one but I'd go for a different color and I would absolutely do the other wheels.
    I think it would depend on how you use it. From first hand accounts with folks and reading in multiple other sources, the straight line drag race is mind-blowing, but they get sloppy if any turning is involved. The instability makes them a "handful" as it was expressed to me by a guy who has experience in amateur road racing.

I don't think the Model 3 can be overlooked if you want something that is fast by electric car standards and can handle. There are a couple of dual-motor Model3's which show up frequently at our autocross events. On in particular has a skilled driver behind the wheel and he destroys everyone in the paddock by a noticeable margin. The way that car puts down power if stunning to watch. It is visibly faster between certain elements than any gas powered car is capable.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Likes dgage, TTQ B4U liked this post