autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2006 Jeep Wrangler gets Restored

So the Jeep is all completed and delivered. Such a great vehicle for a super couple. Neighbors of ours that are in the upper 60's. It's a 2006 model year purchased late summer 2005 finished in Flame Red Clearcoat over black cloth interior and has just over 42k miles on it.

The story here is the vehicle was a 50th B-Day gift from her husband as she wanted to have some topless fun in the summertime and the ability to navigate around town with ease. It's all locally driven and impeccably maintained. She is adamant that she will never sell it thus wanted it cleaned up like new inside and out. Mission Accomplished!

This was Basic Polish & Protect with a dual-layer ceramic coating for the painted surfaces. They also opted for the glass polish and coating, wheels to be coated and the roof to be cleaned and sealed too. Last on the exterior but really most important was the restoration of the greyed-out trim and then locking it all in with a trim-specific coating so it will stay as shown here, dark and luxurious like new.

Thanks for viewing!

Process Included:

• Wash & Decon with Iron X and a Medium Nano Mitt
    • Polished with a Flex XCE Polisher, Yellow Rupes Mille Pads, CarPro Essence then topped with 2 layers of CarPro SiC
    • Trim & Bumpers restored with Polytrol Oil then topped with CarPro Dlux
    • Wheels polished with GYEON Primer and topped with GYEON Q2 RIM
    • Roof cleaned and sealed with RaggTopp Cleaner and Sealant
    • Underside and wheels dressed with Megs Hyperdressing and sprayed with a paint gun

I'm not gonna lie, I really dig this one. From the manual windows to the basic simplicity and the fact that it's so dang maneuverable. Would be a lot of fun for around town. Love that it's the 4.0l too.

I did convince the owner to remove the front plate too. Now it looks so clean.

It came out SUPER Clean and nice even underneath. Really helps that it's been a mall-crawler not a rock crawler.

90-95% paint corrected. Keep in mind, at this age, it's about paint preservation so there's no need to chase every random scratch.

SO CLEAN and so nice looking. Never been a huge fan of Red on Jeeps but this one gave me The Buckeye Spirit.

It was brought to me in good shape but in bad need of a strong clean up and trim restoration.

The trim responded very nicely to the restoration. Here it is prior to the ceramic over top which also darkens it a bit more.

The top was another area that needed a strong cleaning and was due for a refreshing sealant. 3 layers of water repellent and nourishing of the material done!

Finally, the metal bumpers needed restored as well. Here too, the paint dries out and needs nourished. Putting the oils back in helps darken it up, repels moisture and brings them back to new. Once cured, they are then ceramic coated to lock in the efforts.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Bosko, MisterSnoop, The Guz, dgage, waddell64 and 8 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Jeep Wrangler gets Restored

Looks excellent and I bet they’re thrilled. It looks like it came out of a time machine. Flame red is a classic Jeep color, especially on the TJ. Sure is hard to beat the gloss of bright red. The trim and top results steal the show on this one. As for polytrol oil, any reason you used that over solution finish? Just making some notes.

Btw, much cleaner than my 17. But I’ve taken it through some stuff
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Looks excellent and I bet they’re thrilled. It looks like it came out of a time machine. Flame red is a classic Jeep color, especially on the TJ. Sure is hard to beat the gloss of bright red. The trim and top results steal the show on this one. As for polytrol oil, any reason you used that over solution finish? Just making some notes.

Btw, much cleaner than my 17. But I’ve taken it through some stuff
    Thanks! They were thrilled. She is a super nice lady and being older, I give her credit for hopping up in it. She's short and not the most spry lady out there but she considers it worth the effort

I chose Polytrol as it's compatible with metal and goes on clear and in general is designed to "penetrate" and re-nourish the pigments. On metal it also acts as a rust inhibitor. SF is a great product, is a little easier to work with but from an actual chemical process standpoint, I don't think it does exactly what Polytrol does in terms of penetration and actually restoring the oils and luster to the actual pigments in the plastics. They say it restores the oils but you can see polytrol absorb in vs SF that tends to stay mainly on top. In the end I use both but SF more on lighter needs. Once both are dry, I always coat them with a ceramic like Dlux.

I restored a 10yr old plastic storage unit we keep some cushions in on our patio and it's been done for 2yrs; sits outside 24x7 even in winter and still looks amazing. Did it with Polytrol. It works on ALL colors except white as it has no pigment.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    ... She is adamant that she will never sell it thus wanted it cleaned up like new inside and out. Mission Accomplished!
    Sorry sir, but I have to cry false on that one.

They never looked that good new.

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work. Nice JEEP. Had a 05 RUBICON. The TJ'S were simple and a great vehicle.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

9. Likes TTQ B4U, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Thanks! They were thrilled. She is a super nice lady and being older, I give her credit for hopping up in it. She's short and not the most spry lady out there but she considers it worth the effort

I chose Polytrol as it's compatible with metal and goes on clear and in general is designed to "penetrate" and re-nourish the pigments. On metal it also acts as a rust inhibitor. SF is a great product, is a little easier to work with but from an actual chemical process standpoint, I don't think it does exactly what Polytrol does in terms of penetration and actually restoring the oils and luster to the actual pigments in the plastics. They say it restores the oils but you can see polytrol absorb in vs SF that tends to stay mainly on top. In the end I use both but SF more on lighter needs. Once both are dry, I always coat them with a ceramic like Dlux.

I restored a 10yr old plastic storage unit we keep some cushions in on our patio and it's been done for 2yrs; sits outside 24x7 even in winter and still looks amazing. Did it with Polytrol. It works on ALL colors except white as it has no pigment.
    Thank you, that was a good explanation and something to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

11. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

TRIME WORK NICE!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work! Looks super!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on doing exactly what you did with the trim this Spring. Everything I've done with trim thus far lasts two weeks and it's time I made the leap to this.

I wanna toss this out as an alternative with your tires. Pick up some Sonax Tire Gloss Gel, apply with any microfiber applicator pad when the car itself is complete. Drive the car 3 to 5 miles, return home, then wipe each tire down again with a dry MF towel. I think this would compliment the work you're doing here to the "T" and I think your customers will notice this very thing.
    2008 ISF - MM
    1978 Firebird Formula - Starlight Black - Restoration Project
    www.killthesceneband.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast