autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter

I have been off a few weekends and will continue to slow the corrections as I enjoy the holidays, but here's one from a few weekends back. This Ceramic Saturday Feature was a referral from a previous detail and is of a beautiful 2003 Porsche in Basalt Black Metallic. The owner picked up the car this year and found a nicely featured low 53k mile copy with the IMS completed and no paint or body work to be found. It was loaded with swirls and water spots that we so bad even the glass was etched. All fixable and all on the table to get corrected.

This go-round, as with any vehicle I see over 7yrs of age, I call it more a paint preservation vs paint correction. I don't chase every scratch but it typically does result in 95%+ correction and this was no exception. It turned out beautifully and is sealed up with a dual layer ceramic coating including both sets of wheels, one of which will be used for winter tires being installed this week. Trim was restored to original deep dark black and the glass was then ceramic coated all around as well. The extra set of wheels have been cleaned up but the faces only coated. Barrels have seen better days and the owner is simply going to use them for a set of winter rubber being mounted.

Many thanks to my friends for the continued referrals including this one and to the owners who continue to trust in my work. I'm VERY happy to see this nearly 19yr old Carerra 4S now look nearly new and ready to put more smiles on the face of it's owner.

Process here involved the Flex XCE with yellow Rupes Pads and CarPro Essence. Then a dual layer of CarPro SiC coating. GYEON Q2 RIM and CarPro Dlux also involved.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Dislikes ollever disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter

This is another reason why Porsche people are so awesome...they drive em AND some drive them ALL year round2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter Love that rear side grill on the 996 4S2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    This is another reason why Porsche people are so awesome...they drive em AND some drive them ALL year round2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter Love that rear side grill on the 996 4S2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter
    True. Although, I gotta admit, after completing this detail and seeing how really nice it is, If it were mine, I'd change my mind and NOT drive this one in the winter. In fairness though, he's only doing to drive it on cold days, not in snow or ice, etc. I'd also get the wheels re-done and made perfect. That's just me though. He's thinking about it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    True. Although, I gotta admit, after completing this detail and seeing how really nice it is, If it were mine, I'd change my mind and NOT drive this one in the winter. In fairness though, he's only doing to drive it on cold days, not in snow or ice, etc. I'd also get the wheels re-done and made perfect. That's just me though. He's thinking about it.
    Love the Turbo twists2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter2003 Porsche get's ready for the winter

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another excellent job! Love that Basalt when done right, and that one is popping!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

9. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post