autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2021 Bronco Sport is Ready for Winter

This super nice 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend Trim in Carbonized Gray Metallic came to me from a previous customer and friend through our local racing group. Having brought their first child into the world means needing more room and a nicer ride to haul all that comes with little ones and the goal is to continue to do it in style.

The approach here was pretty simple. Protect it and allow for ease of cleaning day-forward. This meant a nice 18-24 month Ceramic Coating and given the cladding that abounds here, a dual-layer protective treatment with Trim Specific Coating as the base with a layer on top to help protect it even more. Now the entire lower half of this vehicle will stay dark, satin, and shed bugs off the front with much greater ease.

Given Howard has returned with yet another vehicle, this is my way of thanking him but more importantly, congratulating them both. This package also included the wheels faces polished and coated with a wheel specific Ceramic and all the glass was stripped of new car muck, polished, and coated as well. All combined won't change the aerodynamics but it will cut down on cleanings, make them a lot easier and help keep the vehicle looking fresh and new for quite a while.

Lastly, several parts of the paint, and especially the gloss black trim was riddled with swirls and scratches, thus I corrected all those areas and got it restored to the brand new flaw-free condition it should have been since day one.

The process involved Flex Polishers, L.C Flat white pads, CarPro Essence, Dlux, UK 3.0, SiC and GYEON Primer and Q2 RIM.

Starting off with a little before and AFTER with the swirls that were located in the rear quarter panel trim.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Bronco Sport is Ready for Winter

Nice work!!!! Looks very good. Winter?
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

3. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!
    OMG I'm SO glad the A Pllars on the truck are matte this round!
    No more swirls there to deal with all the time!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

5. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Nice work!
    OMG I'm SO glad the A Pllars on the truck are matte this round!
    No more swirls there to deal with all the time!
    Oh no....they are gloss black. The pics just don't capture it well. I may go grab a few more in the garage to show it. The swirls on the trim were horrible too. Corrected easily though.

Overall, for an entry-level vehicle, it's not too bad. Turbo 3 cyl. too. I'd opt for the 2.0T but that's just me.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Oh no....they are gloss black. The pics just don't capture it well. I may go grab a few more in the garage to show it. The swirls on the trim were horrible too. Corrected easily though.

Overall, for an entry-level vehicle, it's not too bad. Turbo 3 cyl. too. I'd opt for the 2.0T but that's just me.
    I think she was talking about on her ranger. That Ford gloss black trim is such a pain with how easily it swirls. But usually corrects easily.

The finish you put on this looks like a million bucks.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

8. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I think she was talking about on her ranger.
    Gotcha! I see that now.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!!

All Bronco Sports are shipped with flimsy, white PPF on all of those gloss black pillars. (A,B,and C pillars). It's a real PITA to remove it, and most times it leaves a gluey residue.

So if left to the dealer to remove/clean it, you are already behind the 8-ball. :/
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Awesome!!

All Bronco Sports are shipped with flimsy, white PPF on all of those gloss black pillars. (A,B,and C pillars). It's a real PITA to remove it, and most times it leaves a gluey residue.

So if left to the dealer to remove/clean it, you are already behind the 8-ball. :/
    That likely explains the bad swirling and vertical scratches on the rear gloss black pillars by the windows then. Plastic scraper and adhesive remover is what I suspect. It was bad.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish ford had the word bronco on the front and Just SPORT in the same size letters on the back. People are too stupid to understand there are too sizes of vehicle just like the bronco and bronco 2. or the wrangler and renegade etc. I sat in one of these and was impressed at the interior. Just the powertrain is a bit lacking imo. They should have used the 2.0l for the base and then the top trim get the 2.3l. currently it is a 1.5l 3 cylinder.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I wish ford had the word bronco on the front and Just SPORT in the same size letters on the back. People are too stupid to understand there are too sizes of vehicle just like the bronco and bronco 2. or the wrangler and renegade etc. I sat in one of these and was impressed at the interior. Just the powertrain is a bit lacking imo. They should have used the 2.0l for the base and then the top trim get the 2.3l. currently it is a 1.5l 3 cylinder.
    That wouldn't help these people, Bill.

You'd have to explain it to them for 45 minutes, and then they'd still be confused and bring a lawsuit against you for misinformation three months from now.

Welcome to 2021..............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes opie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast