autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I'd taken a pic of the Vette I saw today

Black, maybe 2-3 years old. Parked at the local Carmax (Palmdale Ca). There wasn't a square inch on the entire car that didn't look like it had been buffed with a pan scourer. The windshield was so dirty on the inside that I looked through a side window to see if they had been a fire. ... & it was INSIDE the fence, for sale, not among the auction/crusher fodder parked outside...
    I'm almost tempted to go back tomorrow & get a few pics.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wish I'd taken a pic of the Vette I saw today

Dont bother yourself so much with what other people do with their cars. Corvettes cost as much to some as a 10year old Corolla to others and they dont care as much as you do about your cars. Its a fact of life. Theres no law that if you drive a Vette you have to care for it more than any other car.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't so much about it being a Vette as much any vehicle managing to look like that in such a short time. I think you'd actually have to make an effort as opposed to just being careless.

It's all good though, I'm only 61, got another 9 years before I qualify to own one (based on the average age of the duffers I see driving around here)
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    It's all good though, I'm only 61, got another 9 years before I qualify to own one (based on the average age of the duffers I see driving around here)

Funny, I never really have related to that notion.

My best friend from childhood had a '63 SW fuelie in high school. I bought my first C2 when I was 19 and drove it during college, commuting back and forth between Ohio and Michigan (old convertibles with gobs of HP and bias tires really suck in bad Michigan winters BTW).

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of them (except the first gen), I've driven a couple but something didn't feel *right* for some reason. Nothing wrong with either car, just didn't feel comfortable.
    I think Carmax may have parked it where it was for some kind of comparison. There were 5 or 6 in a row that looked great (except this black one) & they were right outside the door where everyone going to the lot had to walk right past them. Various colors, no two the same so this was the only black one & there were a few Porsche's parked right in front of them.