autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Progress on the SB Honda

Gave the roof some attention this morning...It still has *clouds*

I'd already done the other side before I thought to take a *before* pic...

Somewhat later:

By way of contrast, under the hood looks like this (almost 200k miles):

Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

2. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You crack me up, just like your paint.

4. Likes ZRX61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got some Diamond Cut in the garage, you could buff a sidewalk with that stuff. I'm not sure it's worth the effort on the SB Honda though. Pretty sure that damage goes all the way to the primer.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to give the Diamond Cut/wool pad/rotary a go.. (practiced by polishing the stucco on the garage wall first) Removed some of the clouds on the deck lid.

& this wasn't my spiffy DW849 variable speed rotary... this was my El Cheapo variable speed rotary I got from Horrible Fright about 15 years ago that up until now has only been used with 9in #80 grit Norton sanding discs to strip the paint down to bare metal on resto projects. Stripping an entire car in a morning is the equivalent of spending 25 hours at the gym, it's a work out. Don't want to fill the 849 with paint dust.
    It's also an excellent tool to teach autobody newbs just how far you can throw a fender or deck lid across the shop. Most only do it once, if they do it twice they get to find a new line of work.

There's still some clouds on the right side of the deck lid..

Noticed that one of the clouds on the roof has reappeared... How do I prevent that? It's the right/rear of the roof, which is the left side of the 2nd pic. Or is just a case of "That's Honda paint"

Today:

Last week:

Post Thanks / Like

Engine bay is fantastic for that mileage! Yeah, your paint is done, and I am enjoying this thread!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

8. Likes ZRX61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Car is in the garage until Monday, got ambitious.

Did some clay work to get the yellow paint off the left quarter panel & rear bumper (aerosol can was rolling across the road, nailed it with the left rear wheel about three months ago). Bit more compound & polish work (on the left side). Then gave the entire car a coat of the Ice polish from the Turtle & after I buffed that I gave it a coat of Meg's Hybrid Ceramic Wax too.
    Garage now smells like a cheap bordello... (the best kind)

Post Thanks / Like

So I see the post about the Megs HPC so I decided to get some for the bike & the Camaro. Went to AZ & paid $28.65 for a kit.

That was the good part...

The bad part
    I backed the SB Honda out of the garage, paused while the door closed & the lawn sprinklers went off on the right side of the car. FFS...

The bizarre part:
    Get back from AZ, park in the garage, walk around to the other side of the car & there's not so much as one water spot on the side of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Just realized there's no pics of the sides of the car...So here ya go, all sorts of scratches, dings, dents & chips.... plus the PAX side door got keyed before I owned it. Actually pretty shiny.
    That small piece of wood next to the C25 gas bottle is Teak. About 25 years ago a guy I knew imported a bunch of aircraft engines & other parts from SE Asia. It all arrived in teak crates & on teak pallets. There was a LOT of stuff, truck loads. He piled all the wood outside his hangar & I asked if I could have some of it before it went in the trash. He said I could take all of it for all he cared. I bought piles of it home in my CC LB F350 Dually every day for a week. I turned some it into a bunch of slappers & mallets etc for sheet metal work, some I gave away (B-i-L made himself a teak baseball bat) & the rest was sold.... for $5k. The small piece is all that's left unused.

& yes, the garage is carpeted. This house was one of the tract models & the garage was their office. They left the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit blowy here today, CHP just closed 8 miles of freeway owing to multiple wrecks from the dust storm. I guess I'll be getting all my work sand blasted when I have to go out in about an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Car survived running around town during the dust storm, but now it's parked outside again. Just put the trash out & the car looks like I could grow a crop of taters on it...

Update....
    Yesterday:

Today:

Grabbed the California Car Scratcher... I think it's as dead as the paint, all it did was move the dust around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast