autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I'm with you - not a fan of chrome for those vents. BMW did that on some of their cars too and (to me) it works to cheapen the look of the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You guys talk like it's some 50's Winga Dinga car, the smoked chrome is very tastefully done on the Stinger. I should also direct you to their home market, maybe they like itMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

I've liked the car since it same out but sadly can't afford one but it's the kinda car I SHOULD have because it's an underdog, even to this day. Alot people ask "why don't they make this" and "why don't they make that", well, THIS is why. Manufactures play it safe because safe sells, silver, white, gray and black sellls...safe. KIA/Hyundai and Genesis are killing it right now, nothing is stale, not every car is a letter and number like some goofy password. I can see Rodney adjusting his tie up in heaven right now...."NO RESPECT"Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Easy man, easy.

I merely said, for myself I don't care for those vents being chrome. I took no shots at the car design/quality/performance, and even clarified I don't like when other brands do chrome for those vents either. I also never said you (or anyone else) were wrong for liking them - it's very much a personal taste thing.

I also don't mind that they're there; not having seen the car in person I'm assuming they're a functional addition as you say to control air flow - most likely in the quest to reduce the ever important MPG/carbon footprint, a factor I'm sure plays into many many choices made in the design/engineering of modern cars.
    Heck, back probably 15 years ago I was at technical training for the brand I was working for at the time. It came up in discussion how other manufacturers were extending their maintenance intervals to reduce the number of services the car was scheduled for while under warranty, thus reducing environmental impact by reducing the fluids used during service. This action wasn't done in best interest of the vehicles long term, merely to make the numbers look better. Working a lot with one of those brands now, I can assure you those extended intervals have done the cars no favors.

Side note, There are a number of trends that just because a lot of other people like it, or it's a current design language, it doesn't make it my cup of tea (I could list them, but I'm afraid to stir the pot any more. ). Just because it's not my cup of tea, again - I don't think someone else is wrong for liking them.

Hopefully it's come across that my posts have been intended to be light hearted/of low weight; the internet can be hard to convey tone.

TTQ - Sorry for the side tangent! Amazing work and stunning photography as always!

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

I'm good, in another life I was a lawyerMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm good, in another life I was a lawyerMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

K, good. Otherwise I was gonna see if we needed to hug this out.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Hyundai do you like over the Stinger, curiousMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

I like this conversation, although I'm blown away that the side vent has caused so much distaste for its looks and apparently being unnecessary because it "only has" 365. Speaking of that, high 4's/low 5's 0-60 and low to mid 13's for a family hatchback is nothing Sneeze at. Sure the pony cars with their V8's have 450+++ hp and are faster and that's fine, maybe everyone is spoiled I guess.

Back to dreaded ventMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic This should've been reserved for the hood vents, or styling buts, which aren't functional and although don't look bad, should've garnered this level of attention....IMHO. These side vents don't look like something bought at PepBoys and tacked onMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

More horsepower is usually higher heat from engines and from heavier braking. Reading it it’s actually helps with air flow for aerodynamics. This type of car is not going to be tracked much or hit WOT alot.

I don’t just because something is functional doesn’t mean it’s better. If a mustang has brembo brakes on it but the car doesn’t see heavy braking there may not be a benefit.

My opinion is that the benefits if any are not worth the ugly chrome vents.

And I would choose a g70 out of a Hyundai product. The wagon is especially good looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    More horsepower is usually higher heat from engines and from heavier braking. Reading it it’s actually helps with air flow for aerodynamics. This type of car is not going to be tracked much or hit WOT alot.

I don’t just because something is functional doesn’t mean it’s better. If a mustang has brembo brakes on it but the car doesn’t see heavy braking there may not be a benefit.

My opinion is that the benefits if any are not worth the ugly chrome vents.

And I would choose a g70 out of a Hyundai product. The wagon is especially good looking.

I'd venture to say the amount of Camaros and Mustangs that are tracked are a "tad" more than Stingers, I'll give you that but as far as WOT, well let's be serious here, a Stinger buyer IS an enthusiast and WILL "give it the beans" more than your Camry/Accord/Altima owner.

I strive for being correct on the Podcast I'm a guest on, so I should correct you on the G70, it's a Genesis and doesn't share its platform with any HyundaiMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I'd venture to say the amount of Camaros and Mustangs that are tracked are a "tad" more than Stingers, I'll give you that but as far as WOT, well let's be serious here, a Stinger buyer IS an enthusiast and WILL "give it the beans" more than your Camry/Accord/Altima owner.

I strive for being correct on the Podcast I'm a guest on, so I should correct you on the G70, it's a Genesis and doesn't share its platform with any HyundaiMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

I love this one, Rog!

Out here on LI, we say "Pour the coals to her......"
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooooooo......... Never said the shared platform. The do share engines and parts across both lines. Genesis made and owned by Hyundai corporation and so yes... it’s a Hyundai..... no need for correction.

It’s a Hyundai like Acura’s a Honda.

And i appreciate your efforts to drive and win a debate but make sure we address valid points not pulling “platform sharing” out of the air.

And even if it weren’t a Hyundai (it is) it still is a Korean made car that some here would prefer over the Stinger. You asked what I preferred and I told you. I didn’t ask if you thought it was a Hyundai or not.

No knock to Stingers or there owners it’s a great car with vents on the side that some do not prefer.

And again all this is subjective and just my personal opinions.

11. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not pulling platform sharing out of the air because Genesis doesn't share its platforms with Hyundai, period. I know Genesis is the upgraded brand like Lexus/Toyota...Acura/Honda and Genesis follows suit except with Genesis they don't share their platform with Hyundai but the G70 is a shorter version of the Stinger so you got me there. Noone has exclusive engines anymore (except for the 1 year Blackwing Caddy engine in the CT6) so yeah, the 3 do share engines.

Derek0609 and I were commenting that 2 guys for Detroit are defending a Korean car company, we've really come a long wayMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is incredible! It has gone from the Stinger being called a yahct, then it being shorter than an Accord (what does that make the Accord), to a vent that's unneeded due to its horsepower to vent quota not being met to now talk about the Tesla, with its "Twilight Zone" face, piss poor build quality and paint quality and the Ford Mockery that has as much to do with a Mustang that the Mustang II does.

Just to clarify, I said it drives like a boat and it does, especially when compared to my car, the Accord, which yes has more usable room and feels as if it drives smaller than it is.

That said, it is a thread about a detail.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast