autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's smoked chrome Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Still chrome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

You guys talk like it's some 50's Winga Dinga car, the smoked chrome is very tastefully done on the Stinger. I should also direct you to their home market, maybe they like itMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

I've liked the car since it same out but sadly can't afford one but it's the kinda car I SHOULD have because it's an underdog, even to this day. Alot people ask "why don't they make this" and "why don't they make that", well, THIS is why. Manufactures play it safe because safe sells, silver, white, gray and black sellls...safe. KIA/Hyundai and Genesis are killing it right now, nothing is stale, not every car is a letter and number like some goofy password. I can see Rodney adjusting his tie up in heaven right now...."NO RESPECT"Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Jayfro, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The chrome rectangle was the first thing I saw in the photos and it was hard to see anything else after that for me. The car itself is supposedly a very good driver and I'd be interested in it as a DD except I need a bigger back seat. I agree that Kia/Hyundai/Genesis are one of the today's most successful automakers.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    The chrome rectangle was the first thing I saw in the photos and it was hard to see anything else after that for me. The car itself is supposedly a very good driver and I'd be interested in it as a DD except I need a bigger back seat. I agree that Kia/Hyundai/Genesis are one of the today's most successful automakers.
    Maybe go and try it on for size to be sure and then drive itMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic Everyone has a different take/expectation from a car but I think you'll be very impressed with it, not "for a KIA" but periodMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

You guys talk like it's some 50's Winga Dinga car, the smoked chrome is very tastefully done on the Stinger. I should also direct you to their home market, maybe they like itMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

I've liked the car since it same out but sadly can't afford one but it's the kinda car I SHOULD have because it's an underdog, even to this day. Alot people ask "why don't they make this" and "why don't they make that", well, THIS is why. Manufactures play it safe because safe sells, silver, white, gray and black sellls...safe. KIA/Hyundai and Genesis are killing it right now, nothing is stale, not every car is a letter and number like some goofy password. I can see Rodney adjusting his tie up in heaven right now...."NO RESPECT"Most German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

That’s just your opinion.... your entitled to it. A lot of us here just don’t like that vent. They tried something different and, with that vent, completely missed.

Like i said beautiful car ugly vent. Also just because we don’t like that vent doesn’t mean we don’t like Korean cars. Half Korean myself and appreciate what there putting out...

My Camaro sparks love from alot... hate from A lot.... that’s the great thing about cars. Subjective.

I rode in a Stinger at SEMA before before they were released. Test drove one before I bought my Mustang. Nice car but yes there if I needed 4 doors and were OK with less HP..... There are alot of other performance sedans i’d prefer before the Stinger..... the Hyundai being one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think its more of a part of the air curtain to aid with air flowMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Could be..... but again aero dynamics for 300-360hp. Appreciated but not needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Could be..... but again aero dynamics for 300-360hp. Appreciated but not needed.

While my car doesn't have a vent on the side it does have a functional vent up front that goes into the wheelwell, so I'm sure it's there for a legit reasonMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic I'm not an engineer, nor do I play one on the radio, or the podcast I'm apart of for the past 2 yrs, so I'm not going to question why a lowly 201 hp or more importantly a 365 hp has vents but I'm sure the level of hp has nothing to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That’s just your opinion.... your entitled to it. A lot of us here just don’t like that vent. They tried something different and, with that vent, completely missed.

Like i said beautiful car ugly vent. Also just because we don’t like that vent doesn’t mean we don’t like Korean cars. Half Korean myself and appreciate what there putting out...

My Camaro sparks love from alot... hate from A lot.... that’s the great thing about cars. Subjective.

I rode in a Stinger at SEMA before before they were released. Test drove one before I bought my Mustang. Nice car but yes there if I needed 4 doors and were OK with less HP..... There are alot of other performance sedans i’d prefer before the Stinger..... the Hyundai being one of them

Which Hyundai do you like over the Stinger, curiousMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

I like this conversation, although I'm blown away that the side vent has caused so much distaste for its looks and apparently being unnecessary because it "only has" 365. Speaking of that, high 4's/low 5's 0-60 and low to mid 13's for a family hatchback is nothing Sneeze at. Sure the pony cars with their V8's have 450+++ hp and are faster and that's fine, maybe everyone is spoiled I guess.

Back to dreaded ventMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic This should've been reserved for the hood vents, or styling buts, which aren't functional and although don't look bad, should've garnered this level of attention....IMHO. These side vents don't look like something bought at PepBoys and tacked onMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green MetallicMost German Korean I've Detailed Yet....2022 Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse,

I drive a 2012 Acura TL because I need the backseat and a reliable car. Luckily my 2012 looks decent but the year before had an atrocious beak. Sometimes designers get an idea in their heart and think it will be bold or something and it just doesn’t pan out. Acura beat the nose with the ugly stick when they released the 2009 Acura TL and the car never recovered from the bad press. Not saying the Stinger is anything like that, it is a hell of a lot better looking overall (and driving) but sometimes the design doesn’t quite garner the response hoped. The newer, more aggressive Lexus grill has garnered similar disdain from many even though Lexus makes some great cars.

My parents had a Kia Optima that I drove and seemed like a great car though the first time I drove it, I was absolutely maddened by the lane keep assist and other nannies. Drove my aunt’s 2015 E350 that similarly drove me nuts with the nannies.

The car I’ve been interested in the longest is a Tesla but my best friend asked me about the new Mustang Mach E and after doing some research, I really like the Mach E GT. Looks like a great car.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is incredible! It has gone from the Stinger being called a yahct, then it being shorter than an Accord (what does that make the Accord), to a vent that's unneeded due to its horsepower to vent quota not being met to now talk about the Tesla, with its "Twilight Zone" face, piss poor build quality and paint quality and the Ford Mockery that has as much to do with a Mustang that the Mustang II does.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast