autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back

So a friend of mine who I've detailed another car for found a really nice looking and very well equipped newer body style 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L trim in Dark Olive Green Metallic for her son that is likely going to have this through his college years. It's only issue was that it has 110,000 miles on it and needed a really good clean up and the swirls and imperfections knocked-down.

The vehicle is going to sit outside so to balance cost with ROI, we decided to go with a Basic Polish & Protect package which is perfect for removing the minor oxidation, road grime and scuffs it was covered with. This isn't a paint correction package, but I use of a machine polisher combined with a fantastic polish and primer for a ceramic combined in one which knocks out the blemishes thus greatly reducing the appearance of swirls & imperfections while brightening the paint’s color to enhance the gloss of the clear coat and also allows the metallic flake that's hidden from all the above to really come through.

In turn the savings on the prep portion of the project was applied to a dual layer coating system on the paint, then also a trim specific coating that will keep that plastic cladding dark and like-new for quite some time. Lastly, as a "thank you" I polished and applied a glass coating to the windows to help during times of rain.

Interior wise, it was in relatively good shape, but to round things out and provide them with a super clean-slate starting point for care going forward, I gave it a good Basic Interior Detail including a spot clean around the pedals to remove a few years of crusted up salt and dirt that tends to gather there.

All-in, the vehicle came out fantastic and that Dark Olive Metallic Paint now has a rich depth and clarity that it hasn't had since it was new.

Process here:

• Washed with CarPro Reset in my IK Multi Pro 12 Sprayer to foam it up nicely
    • Blackfire Iron Remover
    • Nano Mitt in Medium Grade
    • Wipe off Tar with Mineral Spirits
    • Wipe off Tree Sap with Denatured Alcohol
    • Polished with a Flex XCE Polisher and Rupes Yellow Mille Pads with CarPro Essence as the product
    • Coated with CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0 on layer 1 and CarPro SiC for layer 2
    • CarPro Dlux on the plastic cladding topped with a layer of Cquartz UK 3.0
    • Griot's Garage Fine Glass Polish followed by Rust Oleum's Neverwet for Glass
    • Meg's Hyperdressing at 4:1 for tires and wheel wells, applied with a Basic HVLP gun

Onto the pics!

At drop off it was evident the vehicle had quite a bit of road grime and contamination from tree sap all over it. The trim had never been protected and started to turn to a light blue-grey color too.

That flake is popping through now!

Another added update, I included a nice latex license plate holder and caps for the screws. Helps not only solidify it from rattling when closed but keeps the plate from coming into direct contact with the paint behind it thus no scratches along the outside edge like what typically happens. A nice clean look.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back

Brought out ALL that metal flake 2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy smokes is that flake popping! Looks like a completely different color now! WELL done!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

5. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! The flake on this one sure does pop now. It's the first thing noticed when the owner picked it up. It was nearly completely hidden under contamination and swirls before. It's silly but rewarding to give people a fresh start on something like this. Especially when the 18yr old son was already bummed that it had high miles. Honestly though, it cleaned up like it has 20k miles on it. He's quite happy now.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Thanks! The flake on this one sure does pop now. It's the first thing noticed when the owner picked it up. It was nearly completely hidden under contamination and swirls before. It's silly but rewarding to give people a fresh start on something like this. Especially when the 18yr old son was already bummed that it had high miles. Honestly though, it cleaned up like it has 20k miles on it. He's quite happy now.
    An 18 yr old complaining about miles, should find him something with 300K2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U, Jayfro, PaulMys, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. It really does look like a different color after the work.

10. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    100,000 miles on a Honda isn’t high, it’s just hitting its stride. Have been an Acura man with a Honda Odyssey for the wife though her latest van is a Sienna and I bought my son a Prius…with 100,000 miles. No problems at all so far and usually inexpensive to fix if there are problems.

12. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome for not having a full paint correction.

14. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn....... That thing is popping like mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    An 18 yr old complaining about miles, should find him something with 300K2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back

Right?? The first car I ever bought (69' Nova) had no engine. I had to build one and put it in. I'd of killed for a high mile car! Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Damn....... That thing is popping like mad!

Right?? The first car I ever bought (69' Nova) had no engine. I had to build one and put it in. I'd of killed for a high mile car! Lol
    I guess it is how and who you are raised by that nets you a result like complaining about miles, should've found a car with 3 pedals a 200K2017 Honda Get's Rolled Back

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast