autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Gyeon Wet Coat

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Wet Coat

I used WC for the first time today. I prepped the paint using P21s and then Citrol 266 to remove existing sealant/wax. Worked great. I did one final wash to remove any existing product.

To apply WC I did the following: while wet, 2 sprays (no more than that) per panel and one on my wash mitt. Evenly spread it out, hosed off with pressure washer. Couldn't have turned out better. Beading and gloss are fantastic. Zero streaking. Laid down really nice and even this way.

I have Ceramic Detailer, but didn't use it. May use as drying aid going forward for washes.

If you follow the directions exactly, it works extremely well. I've watched YT videos of detailers who will say two sprays, yet spray 5 lol. It's not necessary. Less is more and if you spread it out with a wash mitt, it's perfect.

Gyeon Wet Coat-img-2450-jpgGyeon Wet Coat-img-2446-jpgGyeon Wet Coat-img-2451-jpg

2. Likes dmiracle, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Wet Coat

Looks good!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks very good! Sounds like a nice product. What a sweet color for that zr2!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, yeah it worked out great. If properly used (less is more/2 sprays per panel then spread with wash mitt), it works very well.

Post Thanks / Like

The satin steel is a impressive color. I pass one for sale (2019) on a car lot going to work everyday.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

8. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I didn't have a choice in color due to limited availability but I do like it a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Just did a wash after 2 weeks. Noticeable degradation in beading and sheeting of water, even after a wash to remove contaminates. I followed up with more WC but this time topped with Ceramic Detailer. A bit disappointed in durability, but I go back to the point that if you wash your car every 2 weeks or so, does durability matter? It's so easy to apply and air drying is simple once you treat the paint with WC.

I used Bathe Essence today for the first time. Weird soap. Very watery with minimal suds. I guess it worked ok because the truck came out great. It wasn't super dirty though to really judge the cleaning properties of Bathe.

I don't expect months out of the spray/rinse products. If I can get 2 months out of it, I'd be content. You're really paying for the simplicity and ease of use with a product like Wet Coat.