autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What you don’t want to hear when selling an icon…

Hey everyone,

So Ice Cube is selling his NSX but look at the article written about it.

No bueno! Rotary mishaps….

Mike Phillips

Re: What you don’t want to hear when selling an icon…

I have an article on this...

It takes just as long to do it wrong...

3. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Mike Phillips

The sad thing is...

Even an absolute NEWBIE armed with only a Porter Cable the the one-time use pad that comes with the Porter Cable and a product like BLACKFIRE One Step could have created a flawless, HOLOGRAM-FREE show car finish with zero skill or experience.

5. Likes custmsprty, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Hope you don't mind, but I downloaded your original image, resized it, cropped out the car and saved it as a seperate file and then re-inserted both into your original post just to make everything easier to read and see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hope you don't mind, but I downloaded your original image, resized it, cropped out the car and saved it as a seperate file and then re-inserted both into your original post just to make everything easier to read and see.

Perfect. Thanks Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I have an article on this...

It takes just as long to do it wrong...

Funny, I was just at the Carlisle PA auto show/ auction a couple weeks ago and could not believe how many cars had holograms and swirls all over the place! And these were cars waiting in line to be pulled on stage! That’s exactly why I took your advice and bought the Supa Beast. Now I’m practicing to make it “dance on paint” as you’d say. Will take some before and after shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jas02ta View Post
    Funny, I was just at the Carlisle PA auto show/ auction a couple weeks ago and could not believe how many cars had holograms and swirls all over the place! And these were cars waiting in line to be pulled on stage! ...
    When I was younger I attended and participated in many car shows. The sad fact, based on my experience, is that there are only a handful of entries that truly deserve the title "show car".

The vast majority fell into the class of what I call "mediocre restorations". Focusing primarily on the body and paint works, as that was my field of work, the "mediocre" description applied across the board... Bodywork, paint, and finishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    When I was younger I attended and participated in many car shows. The sad fact, based on my experience, is that there are only a handful of entries that truly deserve the title "show car".

The vast majority fell into the class of what I call "mediocre restorations". Focusing primarily on the body and paint works, as that was my field of work, the "mediocre" description applied across the board... Bodywork, paint, and finishing.
    Sad indeed. Comes down to educating the owner. I never paid much attention to the condition of car paint until recently. It started with wanting to get oxidation off my son’s car and then from there I went on a learning spree. When driving down the highway I started seeing swirls and swirls galore when the sun hit the passing cars. Then I saw my car in the driveway after a wash and it was even worse! Ha! That’s when I decided to have Mike be the “end voice” since he has 30+ years of experience and asked him A LOT of polisher questions before pulling the trigger on the Supa Beast. Ordered the larger backing plate, pads, and polishes that he recommended and now I’m ready to start my detailing journey. Plus will be some good bonding time with my son.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jas02ta View Post
    Sad indeed. Comes down to educating the owner. I never paid much attention to the condition of car paint until recently. It started with wanting to get oxidation off my son’s car and then from there I went on a learning spree. When driving down the highway I started seeing swirls and swirls galore when the sun hit the passing cars. Then I saw my car in the driveway after a wash and it was even worse! Ha! That’s when I decided to have Mike be the “end voice” since he has 30+ years of experience and asked him A LOT of polisher questions before pulling the trigger on the Supa Beast. Ordered the larger backing plate, pads, and polishes that he recommended and now I’m ready to start my detailing journey. Plus will be some good bonding time with my son.

100% there with you on this.
    It wasn't until I got my Golf R last spring that I really looked at car paint.
    After really looking at the paint, it was a swirl disaster.
    I ended up here plus hours(and hours) of youtube and jumped head first into paint correction and glad I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost worth me driving an hour south and taking care of it! Might take an hour and a half on that soft Honda paint to get it done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast