autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another BMW M3 Get's ready for Spring

Nice work on a nice car. Thanks for the feedback on UK/SiC, which I plan to deploy whenever work calms down.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work as always! (Both on the detail and the photography)

Have I ever mentioned I'm glad we've got so many miles between us? I swear if you were in my state I'd just trade in my machines and have you do it!

Love me the E9x M3's - as a guy that works mainly on BMW's it's the only V8 BMW I'd actually recommend. The rod bearing issue is real (I've done at least 10 sets of them here at the shop), but outside of that those things are solid! (Don't believe the Blackstone analysis - Some of the cars had "clean reports" but were very much due for replacement).

Also - I love a clean white M3 - both my E30 M3 and E36 M3 were Alpine White on Black.

3. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Beautiful work as always! (Both on the detail and the photography)

Have I ever mentioned I'm glad we've got so many miles between us? I swear if you were in my state I'd just trade in my machines and have you do it!

Love me the E9x M3's - as a guy that works mainly on BMW's it's the only V8 BMW I'd actually recommend. The rod bearing issue is real (I've done at least 10 sets of them here at the shop), but outside of that those things are solid! (Don't believe the Blackstone analysis - Some of the cars had "clean reports" but were very much due for replacement).

Also - I love a clean white M3 - both my E30 M3 and E36 M3 were Alpine White on Black.
    Thank you sir. The owner did the rod Bearing fix. He does all his own work. Been a flawless car from track to street. He has a slight oil filter area leak. Simple fix. He does an oil analysis on every change. He's OCD like that.
    He is also developing the idle issue. Just started last week. $325 part and some time so he's fixing that this coming weekend. 133k on the Odomoter and he's shooting for 200k. It's a daily.

He has a V8 Cayanne GTS with a 6spd, the Blue X5M I just did, another E90 Series M Sedan too.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Thank you sir. The owner did the rod Bearing fix. He does all his own work. Been a flawless car from track to street. He has a slight oil filter area leak. Simple fix. He does an oil analysis on every change. He's OCD like that.
    He is also developing the idle issue. Just started last week. $325 part and some time so he's fixing that this coming weekend. 133k on the Odomoter and he's shooting for 200k. It's a daily.

He has a V8 Cayanne GTS with a 6spd, the Blue X5M I just did, another E90 Series M Sedan too.
    Awesome to hear it's in a good home. Have him check his P/S belt tensioner/dampener - most I've seen have leaked their fluid and it makes it look like an oil filter housing leak.

I'll confess I'm a little anti-oil analysis as my experience has been it's a step people take as an excuse to under-maintain their cars (Just my opinion from my experience - but I'm guessing the true passionate folks are the ones doing it themselves at home).

Last side track to your thread - While I'm traditionally a coupe guy as far as sporty cars, I do really like the E9x M3s as sedans.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12