autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life

So David, a fellow Racing Enthusiast and Member in a local group I'm a part of has brought me several vehicles over the years. He's got an eye for finding some pretty cool stuff but they do often need some love. This SUV was no exception.

This 14 year old beast has rolled just over 150k and recently came to him from Buffalo, NY thus it lived a tough life, especially weather wise. The goal here wasn't perfection nor even any real correction. Rather David chose my Basic Polish & Protect offering. It is not a paint correction package, but the use of a machine polisher combined with the proper polishing agents best for that manufacturers paint will smooth out fine blemishes greatly reducing the appearance of swirls & imperfections while brightening the paint’s color to enhance the gloss of the protective sealant. In this case, Lexus has really easy paint to work on, it actually yielded some pretty outstanding results for the combination thrown at it. To freshen things up a bit he also opted for full Chlorine Dioxide Treatment to remove lingering odors including that of smoke.

Overall now the beast is super clean, has outstanding gloss, polished glass, restored rear bumper cover and running boards and no longer smells like smoke.

Polished with both a Flex 3401 and a XCE with Lake Country Orange Flat Pads and Rupes Blue Wool Pads using HD Speed.

As you can see, it was pretty rough. Nothing I've not seen before however but nonetheless pretty rough.

With a few passes, quite a bit of an improvement was had

Combined with swirls all over, random scratches on every panel, oxidation made it's way in to the situation as well.

Even after nearly 2hrs of washing and decontaminating the vehicles finish what remained caused even the smaller panels to call for multiple pads. I think I used upwards nearly 24 pads for the entire vehicle.

Overall, however, I think the efforts were worth it

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes psnt1ol, DFB, Klasse Act, Bruno Soares, dgage and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life

Nice job on this BEAST!!!! I had a LS400 during the early 2000s. Oil and gas was the extend of my Lexus engine maintenance for years and years. I had almost 140K on it before a converted hippie UPS truck decided to sideswipe me in San Francisco. I missed that car.

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't even look like an 07'2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life

I always liked the color of the headlight housings, or the plastic lens they used, really stood out on the road2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life

Man was that paint hammered....WHOA2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it for sale? The results are incredible but I'm only paying previous condition prices. 2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Nice save.

Looks like it was used as a Hockey Puck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Doesn't even look like an 07'2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life
    Man was that paint hammered....WHOA2007 Lexus LX470 Comes back to Life
    Thank you. Yes indeed it was hammered for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IH8SPM View Post
    Is it for sale? The results are incredible but I'm only paying previous condition prices.
    Haha! He is looking to upgrade or fix a few things including spacers on the wheels so the hubs fit / seat in more flush on the front, etc. Selling it in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nice save.

Looks like it was used as a Hockey Puck.

Thanks! It definitely wore its 14yrs of use on it's sleeve
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looked pretty good even before (minus swirls) considering it came from Buffalo. How bad is the undercarriage?
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Nice results on that rig! So much better now, he must be happy!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

They were wrong.....you CAN polish a turd! Exceptional work and results

Could you further explain "Chlorine Dioxide Treatment"?
    Rick....now in North Texas

13. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    They were wrong.....you CAN polish a turd! Exceptional work and results

Could you further explain "Chlorine Dioxide Treatment"?

Sure thing. Paraphrased from the source: I use this brand: Reset Chlorine Dioxide | Safely remove odor, mold, mildew, algae

Combined with a small battery powered aerator, it only takes 40 minutes to fully activate and complete an interior.

Chlorine Dioxide is a chemical compound made up of one atom of chlorine and two atoms of oxygen. Do not confuse ClO₂ with typical household chlorine bleach though. Chlorine dioxide is actually an oxidizing agent, not a chlorinating agent.

Unlike over the counter sprays and aerosol bombs, ClO₂ attacks organic matter that causes odors through SELECTIVE OXIDATION rather than SUBSTITUTION and does not produce carcinogenic byproducts of any kind. Since the chlorine dioxide gas particles are 1/2 the size of ozone particles, they can penetrate further to eliminate odor at the source as well thus soft fabrics and carpets are deodorized more effectively. The means by which they destroy odors is also more effective as ClO2 actually penetrates the cell wall of the microorganism vs simply attacking the cell wall itself. Less time & greater effectiveness.

Safely Neutralizes & Eliminates:

• Neutralize and Eliminate Mold, Algae & Smoke from all porous & non-porous surfaces
    • Embedded Smoke & Food
    • Pet, Dead Animal & Rodent Odors
    • Urine, Vomit & Garbage
    • Chemical & Masking Agents (cheap cover-up sprays)

A powerful selective oxidizer, Chlorine dioxide (ClO₂) is an exceptionally effective and versatile yet low toxicity odor, mold & smoke eliminator. Only ClO₂ may be generated and used as either a ‘gas vapor’ or ‘liquid’ in the atmosphere and on non-porous & porous surfaces. NO OTHER CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE HAS THIS CAPABILITY.

• ClO₂ Removes All Human Secretions, Mold & Mildew, Fire & Cigarette Smoke, Pet, Food, Urine & Rodent Odors, Perfumes & Chemical Masking Agents.
    • ClO₂ Is Non-Staining, Non-Masking, Non-Corrosive with No Fragrance, No VOCs, No Residue, No Wiping or Rinsing is required.

15. Thanks RTexasF thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast