autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IMO Best Looking Red out there now....

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Well, I agree with the incredible look of that Soul Red Crystal, very impressive in person. But it seems that there is trouble in River City with this paint being so very prone to chipping.

Petition * MAZDA Soul Red Crystal Chipping Issue - Recall is need! * Change.org
    Perhaps but I've owned several Mazda vehicles and they've always been known to have thin paint. Online the most problems with Soul are over seas it seems. Needless to say, this is why my buddy and I installed Premium Shield Elite PPF on ours.

All cuts are custom. Never any templates used here. Entire front end is solid, no seams here.

Edges are always rolled. Again, no edges or seems showing.

I LOVE the extra crisp clarity of not just this brand of film but also my friend Julious who has been doing PPF for nearly 30 years has his own crystal clear formulation of activator he sprays on. Far better than the typical soap and IPA mixes others use.

Entire hood is protected. Not yet wiped down and coated though

Even the bikini cut on the fenders is nearly invisible.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IMO Best Looking Red out there now....

Stunning color and wonderful job!

On my last few cars and currently on my CX-5, I have a protective film (XPEL) applied to the hood, front fenders, A columns,door handle cups, back plate of trunk mirrors and front part of hood. Got it done at Detailer's Domain. Phil and crew always do a great job. To me, with the crappy roads around here, it's a worthy investment. But of course as luck would have it, as I was driving home from NYC, another car zipped by and sent a good sized rock into my door! Dime size dent down to bare metal. Got it fixed locally with a dent repair shop.

IMO Best Looking Red out there now....-mazdadd-jpg
    Last edited by bob m; 02-07-2021 at 11:03 AM. Reason: grammar

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread: 1