autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2003 BMW M5 Get's Extracted and Touched Up

Does this car look like it's nearly 18yrs old with 151,000 miles on it? ��

So my Friend Richard has a beautiful 2003 LeMans Blue BMW M5 that I detailed and ceramic coated back in July of 2018. He had some minor touch up work done to the rear bumper, decklid and front fender so I polished and perfected those panels out and applied the ceramic coatings to them.

While in for that we also decided to remove 17yrs of use from the Caramel color carpet that is now super difficult to find in OEM form. I also cleaned up and treated the Nappa Heritage Leather and outside the wear on the driver side seat, everything else came out perfect! No more off-color carpet, and dark stains from the rubber mats and dirt that accumulated and stained the carpet around the edges of the floor mats. Continued thanks to Rick for his trust in my work as one by one his awesome German Vehicle Collection is restored to near new/like new condition. This beauty looks great and inside now smells like fresh leather and is super clean.

Process involved the following:

My 6 Gallon Heated Extractor, Proper trio of chemicals with a handy sprayer to pre-treat and of course the Tornador and Velocity Vac

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Desertnate, The Guz, dgage, Thomkirby, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2003 BMW M5 Get's Extracted and Touched Up

Car2003 BMW M5 Get's Extracted and Touched Up Color2003 BMW M5 Get's Extracted and Touched Up Interior2003 BMW M5 Get's Extracted and Touched Up Rims2003 BMW M5 Get's Extracted and Touched Up...work, always GREAT!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spectacular job on an amazing car. It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

The e39 M5 is a legendary car from BMW's glory days. Glad to see someone caring for a car like that and actually driving it! Lots of bonus points for being a manual too!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Spectacular job on an amazing car. It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

The e39 M5 is a legendary car from BMW's glory days. Glad to see someone caring for a car like that and actually driving it! Lots of bonus points for being a manual too!
    It ONLY came as a manual2003 BMW M5 Get's Extracted and Touched Up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. You're right! For some reason I thought the early generation of the SMG was an option.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

The e39 M5 is a legendary car from BMW's glory days. Glad to see someone caring for a car like that and actually driving it!
    Thanks! Oh, he drives it. He's owned it for 13 years. He daily drives this and the RS4 I posted every other day. The Audi more now that the weather is turning. He follows my instructions on care though to a T.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! GREAT work/results on that! It definitely does not look like it has that many miles! (wow again-that carpet!)

Very well done!!!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

12. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a problem with sometimes commenting more on the vehicle than the work performed on the vehicle itself. But I'm a car guy first before being a detail guy. So please forgive me in drooling over the color combination, wheel choice etc. That is one gorgeous car that I would love to own (probably cannot afford maintenance). The interior work here is top, top notch. It looks so rich and new. Of course the exterior looks great, but I knew what to expect based on your past details. I don't know what the interior looked like beforehand, but at this point it does not matter. It's NEW!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

14. Thanks Klasse Act, TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding! Are you in the cleaning business? I don't think you would use that monster carpet scrubber on auto carpets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I have a problem with sometimes commenting more on the vehicle than the work performed on the vehicle itself. But I'm a car guy first before being a detail guy. So please forgive me in drooling over the color combination, wheel choice etc. That is one gorgeous car that I would love to own (probably cannot afford maintenance). The interior work here is top, top notch. It looks so rich and new. Of course the exterior looks great, but I knew what to expect based on your past details. I don't know what the interior looked like beforehand, but at this point it does not matter. It's NEW!
    I get it. I'm a car-guy for sure and often my wife asks if I'm working or just checking out the vehicles. This particular one is like all his others. He spares no expense. Had the preliminary maint. done ahead of time (rod bearings) as it's a known issue on these V8's. Wheels, he always buys the best and sets up the suspension just right. Interior wise, even exterior wise, I don't do much in the way of "before shots" simply because my intent isn't to hit forums with the before and afters since we are all detailers anyway. Customers and prospects don't need to see before shots as they typically have the best before shot......their own car. They just want to see what the end result is going to be. Sure, the transformation is nice to see but just like with remodeling projects at home, most people get the most joy from seeing completed projects vs the old before shots.

Thanks again for the kind words. He is very happy and like you said, it's new again. Certainly doesn't look like a 151,000 mile+ car does it?

17. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast