autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 white Audi

Greetings everyone.

Attached are some pics of a detail I did on my 2019 Audi A4.

Overall, I think that the paint was in pretty good condition. Have been doing two bucket washes and for the most part the paint has had some type of wax or sealant on it. Most recently, I have used the black fire SiO2 spray sealant.

There were water spots as the car is not garaged at home and there are plenty of trees etc. around as well. Not a lot of swirls or super deep scratches which I would not try to remove anyway.Not necessarily well illustrated in the follow up pics what the water spots were gone!

I started with a standard two bucket wash (megs hyper wash and Dawn dish soap). I followed that with iron x and then use a clay mitt.
    In terms of tools, I used the griots G9 (5.5 inch pads) with black finishing pads on speed 4 to 5. Five or so section passes per area. For the smaller areas, I use a microfiber cloth. I think that most of the taping was unnecessary as I actually applied some of the product to the trim with good results.

The surface feels noticeably more slick. As this was my first detail/paint correction, I do not really have anything to compare it to however from reading on this forum it does seem that the wipe off was a bit tacky or sticky (compared to say blackfire one step). Using more product as opposed to less on the pad seemed to help with this as well.

I will follow with updates regarding longevity. I think this will be a good “real world” test; actually It will be subjected to some fairly harsh conditions in my opinion as stated before because I have a lot of trees and pollen around the house.

In terms of maintenance, I will use the mags hyper wash and follow with the black fire spray sealant or use some of the new Wolfgang rinseless wash which I picked up at a recent sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -8d14604b-a757-480e-a952-aacb7dd8bc53-jpeg   -71cc8047-72eb-4817-b04f-53a9cffdbec7-jpg   -9912c532-f669-4600-a0e6-78cce0542edb-jpg   -979bf454-5910-48b0-81b7-4337a3ed9707-jpg   -c073815e-2169-4e5c-aa48-892f2098287a-jpg   -44c79012-94a5-41e1-b7fa-a674f71d453f-jpg   -524d4313-05df-4a79-ae2f-408095fdc893-jpg  

2. Thanks oneheadlite, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 white Audi

Looks good! I love how it smells, I’m three days in and it beads nicely and adds a decent depth of shine. I plan to touch it up with BF si02 spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Nate dog your car looks great....my car is white also...and I used a coating first....but had water spots ...now I been using DF one step and SIO2 sealant spray....and the car looks great.....do you like Beasley product...

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a YouTube video from Chicago auto pro where the z-1 was completely flat on first wash. Has anyone else had this occur.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall, application wasn’t a bad experience.

Full disclosure also, if not clear from above, this is my first paint correction!

From doing reading on this site, it seems that wipe off is easier with other products such as blackfire one step. I actually do have a bottle of that which I plan to use on the wife’s car which also has more severe swirls etc.

When I used slightly more product, it was easier to wipe off.

It actually rained last night and this morning, there was OK beading. Honestly, not as “nice” as I have seen from some of the liquid sealants I have used but definitely not bad looking if that makes sense. To play devils advocate... what does beading really matter anyway as I took the car for a drive and all of the water slid off super smooth and the car looks very clean!

Post Thanks / Like

I used this product on my Cherokee to fix a few swirls. i then topped it with SB3 Alpha. i will update frequently.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for all the input on this product. It sure sounds like it would benefit from a little refinement.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work and results!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Z1 is a lovely product. Nice work!
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Updates to coating!

Good afternoon everyone. I wanted to post some updates as I know the Z1 is a relatively new product.

Original coating/correction done in December. My usual routine is to wash weekly: maintenance washes have been been performed using wither the 2 bucket method with Meg's Hyperwash OR a rinseless wash with the newer Wolfgang Uber SiO2 product.

Although I will get laughed at by the people up north, I have not been able to wash my car for about 4-5 weeks due to being busy and also the more recent "snow" in South Louisiana. That was about 2 weeks ago and yes it is back to 80 degrees already!

One important part to note is that I have applied the Blackfire Si02 spray sealant routinely. Not necessarily every wash but at least every other.

I have noticed perpetual beading and sheeting; the car dries itself when driving to work etc. A noticeable amount of dirt is removed by just rinsing with a hose that being said there is still dirt near the wheel wells and lower rocker panels (as one would expect).

The first few pics are after just rinsing the care and then applying Iron X (then rinsing). It was late ish in the day and I decided to wash the wheels that evening and proceed with the rest the next day. This did seem to refresh some of the beading. Yes I know usually one would apply AFTER washing but whatever. There was still noticeable purple spots.

-img_4869-jpg-img_4870-jpg

-img_4876-jpg-img_4878-jpg

The next few pics are after a wash and dry.

I had already applied some SiO2 spray sealant to one panel but decided to spray some water on the adjacent panel to compare. The newly sprayed side did feel slightly slicker.

WITH spray sealant

-img_4883-jpg

WITHOUT spray sealant

-img_4884-jpg

Side by side

-img_4885-jpg

Overall the two areas looked very similar. Wish I would have done half the hood to evaluate the horizontal panels.

Not a true "durability" or "torture" test but I think it is a good example of real world durability with a topper.

This car is outside when at home. There are trees and pollen etc. It is garaged while at work.

Overall I am very happy with the product so far that being said it has only been 2 months. Another obvious point: while I do think the Z1 is doing the heavy lifting the Blackfire SiO2 spray also seems substantial in its own right. Who knows how much of the beading etc is due to that product.