autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Creating A Mirror Finish On A Luxurious And Beautiful Lexus 460 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    If I read this correctly..... you spent 18 hours on this for $250?.????

If so you are selling yourself wayyyyyyy short.
    I hear you brother. If I could I would get $500 for this job. Unfortunately in this area I truly don't believe there's any way I could get that.

Here are some prices for one step polishing packages from my competitors in the area. I worded it exactly as they did.

-"Cars start at $350 for paint correction and ceramic coating. He advertises it as a 2-3 year coating."

-"GET POLISHED CARS: Price starts at:$150/ Trucks and suv'S: $205"

This is also a mobile detailing service.

-"Full detail - 200 - Hand wash clay bar polish wheels inside and out undercarriage door jambs blows vacuum shampoo carpet and seats or if leather treat and condition headliner and buff all the interior carpet"

The last one was from a very popular and highly recommended detail shop in the area.

There are also a plethora of $30 to $50 detailers in the area to compete with.

I've been doing this off and on for around 7 years now and through my experiences in this area I've come to the conclusion that it's best to just charge enough for a little bit of labor and to cover costs of supplies and tools and to just have fun detailing while building a loyal customer base that enjoys my style of detailing and amazing and one of a kind customer service experience. Let's just say I go out of my way to ensure absolute and complete satisfaction.

I have some great friends supporting me including you guys here on the forum! They are also doing their best to try to help me gain clientele, and grow my business. Perhaps one day I will have the ability to expand to an area where I can get a much better rate for my services and expertise.

Thank you so much for your comment!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a mobile detailer and setup at houses anywhere from 1 to 3 days doing full 2 and 3 stg corrections. Anywhere from 8 hrs. to 25+ hr corrections and charge $800 - $1500
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    I am a mobile detailer and setup at houses anywhere from 1 to 3 days doing full 2 and 3 stg corrections. Anywhere from 8 hrs. to 25+ hr corrections and charge $800 - $1500
    Here is my reply I left for Dr. Olds. I really wish I could get that much! Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post
    I hear you brother. If I could I would get $500 for this job. Unfortunately in this area I truly don't believe there's any way I could get that.

Here are some prices for one step polishing packages from my competitors in the area. I worded it exactly as they did.

-"Cars start at $350 for paint correction and ceramic coating. He advertises it as a 2-3 year coating."

-"GET POLISHED CARS: Price starts at:$150/ Trucks and suv'S: $205"

This is also a mobile detailing service.

-"Full detail - 200 - Hand wash clay bar polish wheels inside and out undercarriage door jambs blows vacuum shampoo carpet and seats or if leather treat and condition headliner and buff all the interior carpet"

The last one was from a very popular and highly recommended detail shop in the area.

There are also a plethora of $30 to $50 detailers in the area to compete with.

I've been doing this off and on for around 7 years now and through my experiences in this area I've come to the conclusion that it's best to just charge enough for a little bit of labor and to cover costs of supplies and tools and to just have fun detailing while building a loyal customer base that enjoys my style of detailing and amazing and one of a kind customer service experience. Let's just say I go out of my way to ensure absolute and complete satisfaction.

I have some great friends supporting me including you guys here on the forum! They are also doing their best to try to help me gain clientele, and grow my business. Perhaps one day I will have the ability to expand to an area where I can get a much better rate for my services and expertise.

Thank you so much for your comment!

Post Thanks / Like

You're pricing actually sounds spot on for the region you are in and what your competitors are charging. But are your competitors putting out anywhere near the same quality as you are?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    You're pricing actually sounds spot on for the region you are in and what your competitors are charging. But are your competitors putting out anywhere near the same quality as you are?
    I can't speak for the level of quality or level of customer service my competitors offer. I have a very valuable resource at my fingertips. The AGO forum. With this resource I can always be sure I'm using the best techniques, tools, and procedures for the task at hand, so thank you very much to my friends here on the forum for helping me to be my very best. I also do my very best to give a customer experience that is above and beyond any thing the customer has experienced before, and that's one thing I can say for certain.

Here is an excerpt from a thank you note that my friends helped me to write.

-"At AUTOCLEAN we take your auto detailing needs seriously. Like our logo, the shield stands for protection and that is why we use only the highest quality and professional name brand cleaners, tools, waxes, protectants, sealants, and coatings to protect your investment."

I'd say thus far all of my customers have been extremely pleased with the quality and level of customer service I have provided them! The true payment to me is the smile I see on their face when they pick up their vehicle. Just watching them light up with happiness is what I live for!

6. Likes PaulMys, SNP209 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12