autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK and a Jaguar F-Pace S

For me the amount of product is a bigger problem than the price in some regards. I can do two cars with a 30mL bottle. I can do 2 mid-sized SUV's like this Jag with a 50mL bottle and still have some left over. In both cases the left over product is almost always wasted if I can't give it away.

Since I only have three cars in my immediate family fleet and only occasionally do work for other people, 50mL of ANY coating, regardless of price is serious overkill when you consider the product will last at least 2 years on the vehicle, but will go bad in only 6~12 months in the bottle.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

^
    Do you do the windows with Cquartz?
    I coated them all, minus the windscreen, which Gliss was applied to.

I have a 50ml vial of 3.0 that’s got about 30% left in it after applying two coats on my car. Figure I’ll coat the wheels or find something around here to coat.

Gliss seemed to drain the bottle faster.
    But there’s some leftover of that, also.

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

I do the headlights, taillights, and the sunroof with the coating. With so much left over, I probably could have done the side windows too.

I'm not a fan of coating the front/rear glass for visibility reasons. I've had issues with sealants on glass and even wash/wax products. I've found they have the potential to cause smearing with the wipers and in really misty or snowy conditions, I found the wipers would not clean the glass nearly as well as they do when the glass is "naked".

I'm surprised you used that much for a single car. I did a single coat on the Jag in this review and a Porsche Cayenne which belonged to the same family with about 30% of the bottle left over. In the past I was able to do a Toyota Highlander, a Honda Fit, and a BMW 4 series with a 50mL bottle and still had some left over. All single coats of course.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew i seen it somewhere. Sandro i think you spell it from Car Craft Auto Detailing said it in one of his video, you can immediately wipe off Carpro UK.

Strange one of my favorite youtube channels.

I will be waiting for it to flash though.

Thanks for the tips!

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience (painful experience...), wiping it off too soon creates a smeary mess and it's really hard to remove cleanly. The smears might not be visible on a light colored car, but on black it looks like total garbage when seen on a gloomy cloudy day.

This is from my personal experience on my own car. I was working on it in very warm conditions, got impatient, and didn't watch closely enough for the flashing. The reward was lots of smearing and a car I ended up re-polishing a couple months later and starting all over again.

If someone can make it work, more power to them, but I'll take my time.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    From my experience (painful experience...), wiping it off too soon creates a smeary mess and it's really hard to remove cleanly. The smears might not be visible on a light colored car, but on black it looks like total garbage when seen on a gloomy cloudy day.

This is from my personal experience on my own car. I was working on it in very warm conditions, got impatient, and didn't watch closely enough for the flashing. The reward was lots of smearing and a car I ended up re-polishing a couple months later and starting all over again.

If someone can make it work, more power to them, but I'll take my time.
    For sure. Carpro global and usa both instruct waiting for it to flash in the directions. So i'm not sure in what context sandro is referring too maybe i misunderstood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    For sure. Carpro global and usa both instruct waiting for it to flash in the directions. So i'm not sure in what context sandro is referring too maybe i misunderstood.
    This pooped up on CarPro’s Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that is interesting...

Has it been reformulated? I can't tell, but the comment about the increased temperature range makes me wonder.

3C = 37F and 40C=104F I'd hate to do any detailing work at either one of those limits. Considering it took 15~20 minutes to flash at 50F, I bet at 37F you could coat the whole car and come back the next day to buff it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Well, that is interesting...

Has it been reformulated? I can't tell, but the comment about the increased temperature range makes me wonder.

3C = 37F and 40C=104F I'd hate to do any detailing work at either one of those limits. Considering it took 15~20 minutes to flash at 50F, I bet at 37F you could coat the whole car and come back the next day to buff it out.
    Nope. Still the same formula. I applied UK 3.0 in 90F and high humidity and it was wipe on wipe off. I have applied it in high 50's/low 60's and it flashed in a couple mins. Humidity plays a large role. Not to mention that some coat with the garage door open so any breeze will change the flashing of it.

10. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, those Jags are very nice looking SUVs. I seen a new one about 6 months ago in Black. It caught my eye because the paint was really black!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast