autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz UK and a Jaguar F-Pace S

I've always had a thing for blue vehicles but I've never managed to own one due to the right combination of performance options and color never quite works out in my favor. For now I get to admire my neighbor's Loire Blue Jaguar F-Pace every time it drives by. The F-Pace is easily one of the best looking SUV's on the road today and the color is stunning.

This Jaguar was in great shape when I pulled it up in the driveway to start work. A few very light swirls were visible in the bright sun, but it is obvious the owner tries to keep the paint in the best possible shape. The focus of this job is really to improve the shine versus trying to correct any damage.

Since the swirls were so minor I don't have any of the dramatic before/after pictures I've had from other projects on the paint, but the trim was a different story.

I used DP's polish for this project like I did the black Cayenne I posted a while back. I still feel the DP Polish is a great product in its price range and creates a great shine. I still find the working time a bit shorter than I'd like and removal takes a little more effort that I'd like. However, I'm starting to think the working time and removal time may be influenced more by climate. Something I've not really noticed in other products. When work first started on the F-Pace, temperatures and humidity were unseasonably low and comfortable. However, towards the end of polishing the vehicle, it started to rain heavily. At that point I noticed the polish's work time became much shorter and removal became much more difficult.

Now on to what everyone is here for: the pictures of the finished product! Polished out and covered with a nice application of CQuartz UK, it really shines.

I really wish there wasn't rain moving through the area so I could have captured this blue paint in all of it's glory, but it still looks good on a cloudy day! The owners were thrilled.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas, DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK and a Jaguar F-Pace S

Looks great! I did a blue Jag sedan in that color. I called it the blue suit as it was very sharp.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. When I started work on the vehicle the day before it was bright and sunny. The way the sun hit the blue paint and the pearl/metalic flake it was stunning. I really wonder if this color is a royal blue pearl with some sort of a tinted clear coat over the top. It reminded me of BMW's Carbon Black, which is a dark blue metallic with a black clear coat, only this paint is nowhere near as dark.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

Totally with you on the F-Pace being one of the best looking SUV's, in fact one of the best looking vehicles full stop! And they drive beautifully too.

My sister had one, although not as fetching in Fuji White as Loire Blue.

7. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!!!! Look great!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

9. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like it was lowered in deep blue liquid and slowly raised!! gorgeous! looks wet!

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is a little embarrassing....

I brought out the bottle of product to coat another vehicle for this family and I realized I didn't use CQuartz UK. It was the CQuartz "classic" coating. The owner provided the coating and I originally gave them the information for UK, but that isn't what they bought/provided. I didn't even notice it until this weekend when I put the bottle next to one I own and saw the difference in the label and immediately realized what happened.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honest mistake but the info/maintenance doesn't change between the two coatings. Still a strong performing coating and the owner will be happy. I am surprised you didn't notice the immediate slickness when wiping off as it is pretty noticeable compared to UK.

Post Thanks / Like

I probably would notice if I used the products more often. I haven't applied CQ UK since I helped a friend do his car last November, so I don't have a good frame of reference.

I also don't pay that much attention to how slick a product feels on the surface like some do. I focus on appearance and water behavior most of the time. The friend I mentioned above, nor the two people whose cars I've recently coated touched the paint to see how it felt. Everyone seems to walk around commenting on how good it looks, but don't run a finger across the surface. Maybe they are afraid to leave prints on their shiny paint!

16. Likes The Guz, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The reflections from TiO2 are slightly better than UK. More noticeable on black paint.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast